Nigel Reo-Coker

Mr. Slugworth

I have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion. Please ignore me.!! Lots of trainers and caps sideways!! I take it those who wouldn't want them here because of that would also turn Micah "King of charvers" Richards away then?

We need Dr Spectrum to post that picture up again man of him on Footy Focus. :lol:

Glad to see a Southerner using the word Charva as well. :)

I live in broadstairs in south east kent and have found myself using the word charvas cos of this site!!!

"Until recently, chav was a word that had largely been confined to the southern reaches of the British isles and in the bitchiest of newspaper columns and websites."  

Dent has traced the current origins of chav to Popbitch, but there are a number of different theories about how it came about.

The word expert Michael Quinion, a fieldworker for the Oxford English Dictionary, who runs his own website, World Wide Words, believes chav has existed as far back as the middle of the 19th century.

"When it came into common usage recently, it was associated with Medway towns, such as Rochester and Chatham, but it is not a term particular to that area," Mr Quinion said. "It is also known in Oxford and in much of southern England as a derogatory term. The evidence is that this word has been lurking around in the language for a long time.

"It has almost certainly come from the Romany word for a child, chavi, recorded from the middle of the 19th century as a slang term. What is not known is whether it has dropped out of the language altogether, but that would be unusual. The implication is that the word has never quite gone away."

So why is it good to see a southerner use the word Chav. We have been calling Chavs chavs for years.  No fucker likes them no matter where they come from, north or south.  

As for picking up the word chav from this site Markluk where have you been locked away for the last 5 years?

charva not chav u mong, as BottledDog said!

So you started adding an A on the end because of this forum ? Am I missing something ?  Is a Chav and Charva not the same thing ?  So your saying your easily influenced ? Yet you call me a mong for mis-understanding ?

Mate, people where i live say Chav, yet have found myself saying charva because i have read it on this forum, it was just a bloody pointless comment why are you making a big deal of it!

I have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion. Please ignore me.!! Lots of trainers and caps sideways!! I take it those who wouldn't want them here because of that would also turn Micah "King of charvers" Richards away then?

We need Dr Spectrum to post that picture up again man of him on Footy Focus. :lol:

I live in broadstairs in south east kent and have found myself using the word charvas cos of this site!!!

"Until recently, chav was a word that had largely been confined to the southern reaches of the British isles and in the bitchiest of newspaper columns and websites."  

Dent has traced the current origins of chav to Popbitch, but there are a number of different theories about how it came about.

The word expert Michael Quinion, a fieldworker for the Oxford English Dictionary, who runs his own website, World Wide Words, believes chav has existed as far back as the middle of the 19th century.

"When it came into common usage recently, it was associated with Medway towns, such as Rochester and Chatham, but it is not a term particular to that area," Mr Quinion said. "It is also known in Oxford and in much of southern England as a derogatory term. The evidence is that this word has been lurking around in the language for a long time.

"It has almost certainly come from the Romany word for a child, chavi, recorded from the middle of the 19th century as a slang term. What is not known is whether it has dropped out of the language altogether, but that would be unusual. The implication is that the word has never quite gone away."

So why is it good to see a southerner use the word Chav. We have been calling Chavs chavs for years.  No fucker likes them no matter where they come from, north or south.  

As for picking up the word chav from this site Markluk where have you been locked away for the last 5 years?

So you started adding an A on the end because of this forum ? Am I missing something ?  Is a Chav and Charva not the same thing ?  So your saying your easily influenced ? Yet you call me a mong for mis-understanding ?

Mate, people where i live say Chav, yet have found myself saying charva because i have read it on this forum, it was just a bloody pointless comment why are you making a big deal of it!

Because i`m at work bored.

I thought you were implying that Chav was new to you and the south, obviously not knowing you were stating that you now add a couple of letters for the sake of it. Here down south only the snobs say Char-va in a queens english type of way.

I`m not making a big deal of it, i`m passing away the time.  Didn`t apreciate being called a mong though, luckily I havn`t got Downs Syndrome so its not too insulting.

So why is it good to see a southerner use the word Chav. We have been calling Chavs chavs for years.  No fucker likes them no matter where they come from, north or south. 

Because i`m at work bored.

I thought you were implying that Chav was new to you and the south, obviously not knowing you were stating that you now add a couple of letters for the sake of it. Here down south only the snobs say Char-va in a queens english type of way.

I`m not making a big deal of it, i`m passing away the time.  Didn`t apreciate being called a mong though, luckily I havn`t got Downs Syndrome so its not too insulting.

you clearly must be really bored! ok il change "mong" to "stupid" then for not reading it correctly! O0

Near Stevenage.

Not far from me then. Next time I go up for a game I will let you know.  I have been holding off going until we play good football again. So it will probably be next season.

Or longer.... :)

Ok bud  :thup:

• 4 years later...
Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Having been subjected to a programme called 'Footballers Cribs' on TMF, I was given a brief glimpse into Reo-Coker's mentality (he has about 100 pairs of trainers and apparently, he likes to wear his cap to one side, it's his styyyle, aaaeee).  All I can say is that the guy would have absolutely no chance of settling in at Newcastle and he's not what we need.  Same goes for Anton Ferdinand, who was featured as one of his "dawgs." :banghead:  Don't know they're born...  :cussing:

I hope he's improved four years on then. :lol:

Having been subjected to a programme called 'Footballers Cribs' on TMF, I was given a brief glimpse into Reo-Coker's mentality (he has about 100 pairs of trainers and apparently, he likes to wear his cap to one side, it's his styyyle, aaaeee).  All I can say is that the guy would have absolutely no chance of settling in at Newcastle and he's not what we need.  Same goes for Anton Ferdinand, who was featured as one of his "dawgs." :banghead:  Don't know they're born...  :cussing:

I hope he's improved four years on then. :lol:

Sounds very similar to Shola so should fit in quite well tbh.

Seriously though, that Cribs episode with Shola, f***ing hell :lol:

"I love wearing hats, lots of shapes and sizes of hats that I love wearing, just different sizes and colours really"

Can't see this one happening.

Other than the fact Pardew ruled us out of being interested a month ago we are more likely to sign someone younger like Victor Wanyama or Axel Witsel who would be come with a much larger upside, on cheaper wages and be happier to wait his chance in the squad.

I dont think he would be the worst squad player, given pardew knows him quite well and his has a few years left in him. Dont see it happening though unless all other avenues are exhausted.

He's still only 26 or 27 and he used to be an ok player until MON started playing him at right back. Given his previous contact with Pardew I suppose he's a possible. Would be a replacement for Smith so wouldn't get be in the frame for a game unless Tiote was injured or suspended. Not arsed either way about him really.

With the exception of Cloughie's son, how many Nigels have actually succeeded in football?!

Regardless of any footballing ability he may or may not have, I don't want him here as he seems like a pillock. Irrational but I think he believes he should be automatic starter anywhere, wouldn't get in my line up in central midfield ahead of Tiote, Cabaye or even Nolan. Don't even reckon he's miles ahead of Gosling (although far too little time spent watching him too tell). Would be a waste of limited wage resources and doubt he'd take kindly to being a back-up.

With the exception of Cloughie's son, how many Nigels have actually succeeded in football?!

Regardless of any footballing ability he may or may not have, I don't want him here as he seems like a pillock. Irrational but I think he believes he should be automatic starter anywhere, wouldn't get in my line up in central midfield ahead of Tiote, Cabaye or even Nolan. Don't even reckon he's miles ahead of Gosling (although far too little time spent watching him too tell). Would be a waste of limited wage resources and doubt he'd take kindly to being a back-up.

On the Nigel point I guess that the c*nt de Jong is the daddy - but for the most part I agree it's hard to argue that it's a great football name.

Little known fact.

I named my cock after him 5 years ago.

That's quite a moving little anecdote. Would you go for a re-naming of your cock if he actually was a member of our squad? Or maybe it would be more like a natural progression that was somehow meant to be?