Berbatov for Toon

Guest sicko2ndbest

Quality goal again tonight, been a hell of a signing for them...possibly the signing of the season?!?!?

Best all-round striker outside the top four. At first, I thought he was going to be a total flop, but he's shown a fantastic improvement.

He's certainly one of the most intelligent strikers i've seen, amazing vision. He always appears to try and help other players when they do something wrong too, rather than just shout at them. As someone said, there's not much a trio of Owen, Martins & Berbatov would lack.

Berbs is definately a great player. Great touch and great vision. As good as Martins, IMO.

More consistent so far than Oba? Or is that because i've watched more of Martins, so seen more of his bad games?

Don't know tbh. What I mean is that I'm as happy with Oba than what I would've been with Berb. Berbatov MIGHT be a slightly better player, but Oba got time on his side as well.

Guest optimistic nit

Thats 19 for the season now.

martins has already passed 20 8)

as far as consistancy goes, berbatov's big thing is i think that he can't score away from home. both as good as each other imo. oba has the power and pace, berb the technique and class, although both are very good alround strikers in general.

Guest Stephen927

He's enjoying his football at the moment and playing with a lot of confidence. Would be a perfect partner for either Owen or Martins and an excellent player to fill the Shearer type player that we've missed at times.

Can't see him going anywhere except to a top club if any come in. I can see him going to Man United.

very different types of strikers, Berbatov n Martins.

to be completely honest, i think Martins is physically stronger than Berbatov, faster, more direct, and packs a harder shot. but Berbatov has the more complete game ie reads the game better and has the ability to link up play and create chances for his teammates. there is a fluidity to his game that very few players have, it reminds me of the likes of Bergkamp and Sheringham. yet he is not all fancy flicks and tricks, he actually does posses a striker's instinct for goal and thus i have to admit Spurs have a real player in their midst.

having said all that, i think Martins is a better fit for us at the moment. the lad is no-nonsense and we need his pace with the way we play football at the moment. that goal he scored at Spurs epitomizes our reliance on him within the limitation of Roeder's "style" of football. i suspect if we had Berbatov instead, he'd be sulking by now with frustration. put in another way, both are very good players in their own right but methinks Berbatov needs to play with a good footballing side, a team riding high on confidence to bring out the best in him while Oba's game is less complicated and the better suited for a side who won't be dominating the opposition but more reliant on counter attacks.

I thought Berbatov was going to be a hit this season so put him in my fantasy team straightout at the beginning of the season. Wasn't scoring and got injured and sold him. Then he came back and started scoring.

Conclusion: Sh*t in my opinion.

Berbs is definately a great player. Great touch and great vision. As good as Martins, IMO.

More consistent so far than Oba? Or is that because i've watched more of Martins, so seen more of his bad games?

Don't know tbh. What I mean is that I'm as happy with Oba than what I would've been with Berb. Berbatov MIGHT be a slightly better player, but Oba got time on his side as well.

Why can't we have TWO good strikers, though? Take Owen out, and we have ONE decent striker (Oba) and thats IT. Fucking terrifying.

Berbatov has scored 19 goals this season, which is an impressive return in his first season at the club and in the country, but if you break it down, 8 of those were in the league (2 vs Fulham, 2 vs Charlton, 1 vs Wigan, 1 vs Newcastle & 1 vs West Ham being where 7 of those came from) and 7 of his other goals were in the UEFA cup against average and below average opposition.

Berbatov has scored 19 goals this season, which is an impressive return in his first season at the club and in the country, but if you break it down, 8 of those were in the league (2 vs Fulham, 2 vs Charlton, 1 vs Wigan, 1 vs Newcastle & 1 vs West Ham being where 7 of those came from) and 7 of his other goals were in the UEFA cup against average and below average opposition.

Interesting...

What's Oba's breakdown?

Interesting...

What's Oba's breakdown?

10 league, 6 UEFA, 6 right foot, 8 left foot, 2 head.

West Ham (a)

Tallinn (h) 2

Reading (h)

Blackburn (a) 2

Watford (h) 2

Tottenham (h)

Tottenham (a)

Fulham (a)

Liverpool (h)

Waregem (a)

Waregem (h)

Alkmaar (h) 2

So, do goals against lesser opposition not count anymore? Oba's on about 6 if that's the case.