Adriano Bid?

KaKa

Adriano has absolutely fallen off of the footballing map at the moment...

Hardly ever mentioned anymore or linked with the top clubs and doesn't seem to be getting a game for Inter or Brazil either!

Now technically he ain't the greatest in the world and he is very left-footed, but I think the one league where he will excel will be the premiership due to his pace, power and physical play. He would be a beast in the premiership as I always recall his performance in the confederations cup where he tossed Huth around like a rag doll!

The Italian league is the absolute worst league for him as he doesn't have the level of quality needed to be succesful against the defences there.

So...turns out we need a target man, would you be happy if we put in a bid? What do you think our chances would be of landing him? Would he be happy to come to us? Please discuss...

Don't forget Oba could always have a word as well  O0

...would you be happy if we put in a bid?

Depends on the deal. £20 million? Disapointed. Swapsies with Carr? Delighted.

What do you think our chances would be of landing him?

40/60 or 70/30, or there or there abouts.

Would he be happy to come to us? Please discuss...

Money seems to grab people, no matter the climate, no matter the manager, no matter the seemingly inherent inability to win.

Just ask Shepherd. Everybody wants to come to us.

Considering his current situation I think a £10 million price tag would be just about right.

Martins wasn't dropped because he didn't play well with Adriano! Martins was never a first team player there. In the ultra defensive, every body sit back Italian league, Martins wasn't very well suited.

Adriano and Martins in the premiership would be a whole different story...

I would love to see him here but i dont think he will come because alot of top clubs will be after him and we dont have +10m or more to spend on a striker

Great player imo although right now he is in big crisis and needs a new start somewhere else

Considering his current situation I think a £10 million price tag would be just about right.

Martins wasn't dropped because he didn't play well with Adriano! Martins was never a first team player there. In the ultra defensive, every body sit back Italian league, Martins wasn't very well suited.

Adriano and Martins in the premiership would be a whole different story...

The season before last he was made first team, but it didn't work out and they chose Adriano over him.

You really think it would be that ridiclous?

I think at this moment in time you are seriously over rating Adriano and underating Newcastle!

If Tottenham could land Berbatov then I think we could definitely get Adriano!

All the top clubs would want him??? Like who???

There are a lot of top strikers who have moved ahead of him recently as far as reputations go and so I don't think he will be a priority for many top clubs.

If we strike early (which is damn near impossible!) we could get him! Trust me!

I think at this moment in time you are seriously over rating Adriano and underating Newcastle!

There are a lot of top strikers who have moved ahead of him recently as far as reputations go and so I don't think he will be a priority for many top clubs.

Im convinced :thup:

Im convinced :thup:

I thought that might do the trick.

It's a curious one - not so long ago he was an absolute animal but as KaKa says in the initial post he seems to have vanished from the 'scene'. I know he went through a lengthy spell of poor form and has at times tested Mancini's patience...

He's certainly got the quality to improve our squad - would give Roeder selection nightmares every week, but those that raise questions make good points too: he's a renowned party animal and questions have been raised about his dressing-room attitude too...

Can't see the top four going for him - sure he's got the quality but there are players of similar skill but less baggage. As for whether or not we should chase him, well, it all depends on the size of the transfer pot. (ie learn the lessons of last summer)

How old is he?!? If he's still only 21/22/23 I can't see him changing his ways once he gets his penthouse down the quayside...however if he's reaching mid twenties he may be starting to mature!

Chuck a £8-10m bid, I agree, I think he would be immense in the Premiership, espeically alongside Owen/Martins!

How old is he?!? If he's still only 21/22/23 I can't see him changing his ways once he gets his penthouse down the quayside...however if he's reaching mid twenties he may be starting to mature!

Chuck a £8-10m bid, I agree, I think he would be immense in the Premiership, espeically alongside Owen/Martins!

Recently turned 25 says the gospel according to wikipedia...

...would you be happy if we put in a bid?

Depends on the deal. £20 million? Disapointed. Swapsies with Carr? Delighted.

What do you think our chances would be of landing him?

40/60 or 70/30, or there or there abouts.

Would he be happy to come to us? Please discuss...

Money seems to grab people, no matter the climate, no matter the manager, no matter the seemingly inherent inability to win.

Just ask Shepherd. Everybody wants to come to us.

hahahaahahahahahahhahahahahaha

by all accounts he's just another kluivert....

primadonna, lazy in training, living off a forged reputation...we're just the club to turn that around eh?  as magpie says once he hit the quayside we'd be packing him off on the same bus as luque....only he'd need 2 seats to himself

by all accounts he's just another kluivert....

primadonna, lazy in training, living off a forged reputation...we're just the club to turn that around eh?  as magpie says once he hit the quayside we'd be packing him off on the same bus as luque....only he'd need 2 seats to himself

No room at the inn, then. We already have our quota.