Butt

Seems this hasn't really been mentioned and I thought he deserved his own little plot of the forum after tonight.

It's not the first time he's done something bloody irresponsible through petulance. What good did any of that display do us? He's supposed to be one of our senior example-setters, instead he's taken out his frustrations on one of their defenders before shaping to smack one of the guy's teammates who had the nerve to object - right in front of the referee I might add. When I first saw the dispute was taking place, I backed my man, as you do, though I hung back a little due to prior reputation. When blind you know where to place your loyalty. However, the replay left no doubt as to who was at fault, and that Butt had the temerity to continue in the manner has pissed me off, not least because I know how I'd feel if similar behaviour were exhibited by some barbarous Greek towards one of our own. Consistency demands I object now, therefore.

Incredibly stupid, not least because there was still a good 90 seconds left on the clock, those went up in smoke.

Can understand the frustration but should have known better than that.

Seems this hasn't really been mentioned and I thought he deserved his own little plot of the forum after tonight.

It's not the first time he's done something bloody irresponsible through petulance. What good did any of that display do us? He's supposed to be one of our senior example-setters, instead he's taken out his frustrations on one of their defenders before shaping to smack one of the guy's teammates who had the nerve to object - right in front of the referee I might add. When I first saw the dispute was taking place, I backed my man, as you do, though I hung back a little due to prior reputation. When blind you know where to place your loyalty. However, the replay left no doubt as to who was at fault, and that Butt had the temerity to continue in the manner has pissed me off, not least because I know how I'd feel if similar behaviour were exhibited by some barbarous Greek towards one of our own.

Take your point but it doesn't even register on my fuckedoffometer tonight.

It's not the first time he's done something bloody irresponsible through petulance. What good did any of that display do us? He's supposed to be one of our senior example-setters, instead he's taken out his frustrations on one of their defenders before shaping to smack one of the guy's teammates who had the nerve to object - right in front of the referee I might add. When I first saw the dispute was taking place, I backed my man, as you do, though I hung back a little due to prior reputation. When blind you know where to place your loyalty. However, the replay left no doubt as to who was at fault, and that Butt had the temerity to continue in the manner has pissed me off, not least because I know how I'd feel if similar behaviour were exhibited by some barbarous Greek towards one of our own.

Oh, i've plenty of other things, but this is one of the ones other people aren't taking care of for me.

Oh, i've plenty of other things, but this is one of the ones other people aren't taking care of for me.

Just sheer frustration I suppose. He shouldn't have done it and you can't condone it..........but I sort of understood why he did it. I mean how many times has he been in a 2 legged tie in which he was 3 goals up after 20 minutes - only to lose the fucker? Can you imagine Man U doing that?  :lol:

Guest the_guv_nor

Just sheer frustration I suppose. He shouldn't have done it and you can't condone it..........but I sort of understood why he did it. I mean how many times has he been in a 2 legged tie in which he was 3 goals up after 20 minutes - only to lose the fucker? Can you imagine Man U doing that?  :lol:

tbh at that point in the game i just laughed at what he did, he done something a bit daft out of frustration in the dying seconds of the game when they had a goal kick anyway. who cares.

If it was a one off I'd leave it, but this is the third or fourth time that I can recall. This thread is probably not appropriate for the hours after a match, but for more general conversation I think it needs saying - he needs to sort himself out because he looks less like a title-winner and more like a lairy drunk. It isn't how I'd want, or accept, anger at our performance being expressed. Frankly, I'd be less annoyed if he'd behaved that way towards one or two of ours in the dressing room. As it was he was classless and made us look bad.

Guest djarla

tbh at that point in the game i just laughed at what he did, he done something a bit daft out of frustration in the dying seconds of the game when they had a goal kick anyway. who cares.

If you watch it carefully he didn't just kick the guy, he also uses his studs on the guys head. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

• 1 year later...

He's a shit liability, apart from his 6 decent games in his entire NUFC career under our KK revival last season, he's been a damage to the team on the pitch.

Time to tear up his contract and try other options, he's done, lets dust him.

and the commentators. Banging on about him not being used to this sort of shit when he has come from Manchester United.

1) How long ago did he leave there?

2) He is hardly the shining light in the sea of shit is he?

He can be a good player but his lack of mobility and any sort of pace mean he is finished. A good quality DM would really improve the team

The pace is the key thing, he's even slower than Geremi.  I have no problem with his effort and the way he sometimes wins tackles, but he's a poor passer and watching him start out with 2 yards or more on a player and then lose a race to the ball is just painful.  Was it Fellani (cunt btw) who was about 2 yards behind him when they both started running towards a ball maybe 10 yards away, and Butt ended up taking him out for a yellow card?  That was awful

Guest Heneage

Both but the penalty more so I believe Baines either runs out of space or its cleared. He just has this horrible thing of diving in the box. Mind you he played ap art in Duffs goal so.

Now we have a few more players back, and with Barton only a game away from availablity, we could easily go

Geremi Guthrie N'Zogbia Duff,

Duff Guthrie Geremi N'Zogbia

Jonas Guthrie Geremi N'Zogbia

Jonas Guthrie Geremi Duff

and leave Butt out.

or any other combination of the above for the man city game. we then can add Barton to that for the game against the mackems, and maybe Gonzalez when he's fit again.