Charlton Athletic 2 - 0 Newcastle United - Post match thoughts

Dave

We are only 8 points off 6th (barring an Everton win).

Anybody who seriously thought we had a chance of a top 6 finish, before (never mind after) this match, wants their head looking at.

Theoretically we should be able to push, but we are NUFC, have a useless manager, and a set of players who generally wouldnt get a game in any of the Top 5 sides, and continue to under-peform in the majority of matches/seasons theyve had at NUFC.

Guest given take

f*** hiddink. we need a motivator. a keegan. newcastle and tactics dont work

Don't know how you'd know that seeing as we've never bothered with them

roeder is a tactician

roeder is a tactician

just like Bramble is a defender.

The crucial difference I can see is that for Korea and Australia the players wanted it really, really bad, wheras the only thing those players wanted badly today was a kick in the teeth.

Sure, though, I'm all for throwing all the new TV money at him. Why not, Roeder isn't going to be able to buy anyone anyway. If he couldn't convince them to come before this season they aren't going to be falling over themselves after we charge home to claim 17th spot.

roeder is a tactician

:lol:

Guest justin99.

We are only 8 points off 6th (barring an Everton win).

Anybody who seriously thought we had a chance of a top 6 finish, before (never mind after) this match, wants their head looking at.

Theoretically we should be able to push, but we are NUFC, have a useless manager, and a set of players who generally wouldnt get a game in any of the Top 5 sides, and continue to under-peform in the majority of matches/seasons theyve had at NUFC.

Don't recall ever saying that we would finish top 6.

roeder is a tactician

Has to be a windup surely.. I'm yet to see Newcastle use any 'tactics' :lol:

roeder is a tactician

We have the long ball to Sibierski, the long ball to Milner, I've seen the wingers swap sides before and against AZ we tried that nifty free-kick with Dyer/Solano (funnily enough on the SECOND free-kick we got, for some reason). If those aren't tactics, then I don't know what are!

All of that in over a year, as well, just think how far we'll progress by next March!

Just back from watching it in the pub.  We gave them 3 or 4 chances that a better team would have put away, martins missed a sitter and all his shots were wank.  Exactly as predicted they were shit, we were spineless. As spineless as the appointment of Roeder, in fact.

roeder is a tactician

We have the long ball to Sibierski, the long ball to Milner, I've seen the wingers swap sides before and against AZ we tried that nifty free-kick with Dyer/Solano (funnily enough on the SECOND free-kick we got, for some reason). If those aren't tactics, then I don't know what are!

All of that in over a year, as well, just think how far we'll progress by next March!

Long ball to Owen? ;)

Guest Hibbits left foot

At this rate we'll need Gordon " f***in" Ramsay to turn us around! ( prposed title " Gordons Football Nightmares "  )Roeder will be here next season , hes only here so far as i can tell, to steady the ship ( help Fat Fred pay off some of the debt )until Shearer decides to take on the maddest job in football.So, expect more of the same next season, with Shola back , Owen sold ( if we get a chance to get our money back Fats will bite other clubs hands off) and a clear out of the defence.

The crucial difference I can see is that for Korea and Australia the players wanted it really, really bad, wheras the only thing those players wanted badly today was a kick in the teeth.

Sure, though, I'm all for throwing all the new TV money at him. Why not, Roeder isn't going to be able to buy anyone anyway. If he couldn't convince them to come before this season they aren't going to be falling over themselves after we charge home to claim 17th spot.

If the man can make Craig Moore of all people want it really, really bad, I think he'll do fairly well here as well.

Honestly, I think he'd be absolutely ideal.

He just has an innate grasp of how to use players. Half the players on the Korean squad had to learn a new position when he came on. Manure's Park used to be a holding midfielder (not too dissimilar a player from our captain, incidentally)

He can kick some sense into players who don't care. ie Craig Moore

And he also fits Freddy's "Hollywood" style being a natural showman himself. Him and Fat Fred would hit it off quite well tbh. They both love the money.

If he'd be willing to come, I'd throw any amount of money at him. Just what NUFC needs right now tbh.

Somehow, I thought the game didn't start until 3.00pm, so I completely missed it, RESULT!!

That's my day not ruined by NUFC for once, hopefully I can manage to be at the pub instead of watching Match of the Day tonight and then it'll have been a pretty good day all-round.

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder:

"They couldn't cope with the shape of our midfield in the first half and the only disappointment was that we failed to create or convert any chances.

"Obafemi then has a fantastic chance to score early in the second half and I was quite amazed that he didn't score or even hit the target - and what do you know, two or three minutes later and we're behind.

"I was pleased with our reaction after the midweek defeat though and we won't let our season peter out. There is no danger of that, I won't allow it to happen."

ZOMG, ROFL

"They couldn't cope with the shape of our midfield in the first half and the only disappointment was that we failed to create or convert any chances.

"Obafemi then has a fantastic chance to score early in the second half and I was quite amazed that he didn't score or even hit the target - and what do you know, two or three minutes later and we're behind.

"I was pleased with our reaction after the midweek defeat though and we won't let our season peter out. There is no danger of that, I won't allow it to happen."

:cya:

:cya:

I swear, he's just losing it mentally.

ZOMG, ROFL

You're taking the piss.