CL Quarter finals

Guest smoggeordie

The Guardian are claiming that the Roma fans charged the glass barrier to taunt the Man U fans after the goal, and the Mancs took the bait and charged back. So, the police viciously beat on them.

Not like the police were itching to lay a beating, aye.  Cunts. 

Would love it if Manure flopped out of the CL, slipped up in the league to Chelski and lost the FA Cup.  I couldn't think of a better ending to their season. 

Edit(For GleeJon):  ...and us staying up.  It's a fuckin' given, tbh.  ;)

Would love it if Manure flopped out of the CL, slipped up in the league to Chelski and lost the FA Cup.  I couldn't think of a better ending to their season. 

Add us staying up.

That would be class though Gejon makes an excellent point.

:buck2:

I, for one, cheer for the British teams in the Champions League, regardless of who they are. Though, I'm not too broken up when Man U lose.

I still find that odd.

Proud to be British, maybe?

I'm proud to be English, but i don't support other English teams.

I think i'm a bit old-fashioned, as discussed before. I think you should support the team from where you come/at least have a strong link to. So i can't get my head around supporting any team that doesn't fall into that category. Maybe i'm just odd. Well, more odd than normal, i mean.

I, for one, cheer for the British teams in the Champions League, regardless of who they are. Though, I'm not too broken up when Man U lose.

I still find that odd.

I think i'm a bit old-fashioned, as discussed before. I think you should support the team from where you come/at least have a strong link to. So i can't get my head around supporting any team that doesn't fall into that category. Maybe i'm just odd. Well, more odd than normal, i mean.

I accept that like, but I just never know why people pretend they don't understand why other people do it, yes it may not be your local team, but we're all under the British umbrella. It may mean less you, but it doesn't to others, and it's nowt to do with being old fashioned.  I'm a bit like yourself, I don't like to support other British teams, just reminds me how shite we are.

I still find that odd.

Not odd at all, I agree 100%.  I support all my local pro sporting teams over anyone else. 

Yeah, it's just a different culture over here. We all really feel connected to our roots, and we don't grow up in an atmosphere of contempt for the other clubs. So, it's not as hard for me to hope that the other British clubs do well in a competition that Newcastle isn't in.

But back to the footy:

In spite of the loss, I think Man Ure are in a better position to go on than Chelsea are. You have to win at home. Man Ure survived and I think they'll have confidence in the next round. I just can't believe that a player with the experience of Scholes is still so sloppy with his tackles. How often does this happen?

I still find that odd.

I accept that like, but I just never know why people pretend they don't understand why other people do it.  I'm a bit like yourself, I don't like to support other British teams, just reminds me how shite we are.

No, i genuinely don't understand. Like how i don't understand why someone would support a team where they don't come from as theur first team. I genuinely don't understand the mindset, its not rational to me, but hey ho.

[quote author=Northern Monkey link=topic=38139.msg767794#msg767794 date=1175719648

No, i genuinely don't understand. Like how i don't understand why someone would support a team where they don't come from as theur first team. I genuinely don't understand the mindset, its not rational to me, but hey ho.

There is so little about passionately supporting a sports club that can be described as "rational" though.

I still find that odd.

I accept that like, but I just never know why people pretend they don't understand why other people do it. I'm a bit like yourself, I don't like to support other British teams, just reminds me how shite we are.

Yes it may not be your local team, but we're all under the British umbrella. It may mean less you, but it doesn't to others, and it's nowt to do with being old fashioned. If anything, the old fashioned way was getting behind your fellow countrymen, let's be honest.  Whereas now it's all divisions and hatred over petty fucking sports.

[quote author=Northern Monkey link=topic=38139.msg767794#msg767794 date=1175719648

There is so little about passionately supporting a sports club that can be described as "rational" though.

Very true, mate, i just don't get why anyone would choose to support a team from bloody miles away, that they have no link to.

I've always been eternally grateful i wasn't born in Blyth! (not just for footballing reasons, in fairness).