CL Quarter finals

Guest smoggeordie

Really hope United go through,if you think united fans are arrogent cunts,wait till you see Roma fans..

How man, you're a Newcastle Fan. We're United, they're ManUre.

Exactly,yet i keep forgetting that,mainly because here (in my country) keep calling them United... :blush:

What country is that?

Bahrain,in the persian gulf

filled with Manure fans,i might be one of very very few people who support Newcastle,when wearing the team jersy usually get the "who the heck supports Newcastle" ...

Really hope United go through,if you think united fans are arrogent cunts,wait till you see Roma fans..

Exactly,yet i keep forgetting that,mainly because here (in my country) keep calling them United... :blush:

What country is that?

filled with Manure fans,i might be one of very very few people who support Newcastle,when wearing the team jersy usually get the "who the heck supports Newcastle" ...

Yeah, I can imagine.

My experience of watching Newcastle games on TVs in pubs and bars abroad is that if we're playing Man U or Arsenal or Chelsea, the place will be full of fans of that club, and I'll be the only one rooting for Newcastle. But if we're playing a "smaller" club, everyone will be "supporting the underdog", and we never seem to count as the underdog, so I'll still be the only one rooting for Newcastle.

My experience of watching Newcastle games on TVs in pubs and bars abroad is that if we're playing Man U or Arsenal or Chelsea, the place will be full of fans of that club, and I'll be the only one rooting for Newcastle. But if we're playing a "smaller" club, everyone will be "supporting the underdog", and we never seem to count as the underdog, so I'll still be the only one rooting for Newcastle.

Spot on. Makes you pretty much hate all other English clubs after a short while. The exception to that rule is if you are in San Francisco or New York City which both (for some odd reason) have a large Geordie contingent.

What country is that?

Yeah, I can imagine.

Aye,same here :lol:

Yet its just fantatic when we pull shocks such as our 1-0 win vs Liverpool this season,i was in my mates house with like 15 Liverpool fans watching the game with us,with me being the only Newcastle Fan,was fucking delighted when we won that one :D

What country is that?

Yeah, I can imagine.

Yet its just fantatic when we pull shocks such as our 1-0 win vs Liverpool this season,i was in my mates house with like 15 Liverpool fans watching the game with us,with me being the only Newcastle Fan,was fucking delighted when we won that one :D

2-1 you mean. Not a supafan, tbh.

I'm pondering making a jokey comment about the irony of reading Newcastle fans boasting about how few of you there are rather than how many for a change, but I think it might set Stevie off, so I'll desist.

What country is that?

Yeah, I can imagine.

Yet its just fantatic when we pull shocks such as our 1-0 win vs Liverpool this season,i was in my mates house with like 15 Liverpool fans watching the game with us,with me being the only Newcastle Fan,was f****** delighted when we won that one :D

2-1 you mean. Not a supafan, tbh.

Sorry mate,was also remembring when we defeated them 1-0 with that super Robert freekick..  :blush:

Good times..

Spot on. Makes you pretty much hate all other English clubs after a short while. The exception to that rule is if you are in San Francisco or New York City which both (for some odd reason) have a large Geordie contingent.

Yeah, last time I was in New York was in October 2000, not long after a League Cup game against Leyton Orient, which I'd been at. Me and one of the others I was with checked in to our Midtown hotel, and then nipped out for a beer in one of those Irish bars on 44th Street, or thereabouts. And I'm sitting in this place, telling my friend a story about something that had happened at the Orient game, and a guy a couple of tables away shouts out: "Hey, I was at that game too!" A Geordie (of Pakistani descent) who lived in NYC.

I'm pondering making a jokey comment about the irony of reading Newcastle fans boasting about how few of you there are rather than how many for a change, but I think it might set Stevie off, so I'll desist.

There are comparatively few overseas - comapred to various red shirted scum and Chelsea. Even fewer Villa fans. Although admittedly THE best pub to watch football in the US is owned by a Villan.

There are comparatively few overseas - comapred to various red shirted scum and Chelsea. Even fewer Villa fans. Although admittedly THE best pub to watch football in the US is owned by a Villan.

Mad Dog in the Fog in San Francisco? Been there. He doesn't own it any more, I don't think. Although I think there were two of them, maybe it is just one who has sold out.

I never found a single other Mag in Lisbon – and I would have spotted any, as there was only one Sky pub there at that time. (In Cascais, 40 minutes on the train from the city centre.)

I spent some time in Budapest, where there was one lad from Morpeth.

But, strangely, there was a bunch of lads from Szekesfehervar (Hungary's equivalent of Swindon) who turned up to watch the Arsenal FA Cup Final in full replica kit. They didn't speak a word of English but did manage a mangled version of "Toon! Toon! Black and white army!"

Mad Dog in the Fog in San Francisco? Been there. He doesn't own it any more, I don't think. Although I think there were two of them, maybe it is just one who has sold out.

Aye the Mad Dog - quality place. Shame if he's sold out.

Aye the Mad Dog - quality place. Shame if he's sold out.

He posts on one of our boards. Sure I remember him saying there that he had sold up. This was a while back.

Mate of mine (Villa fan) walked in there to find the entire first team squad and the newly signed Stan Collymore there having drinks whilst on a US pre season tour.

never met one newcastle fan in california, though i did meet a rabid alan shearer fan who spent her life savings on going to his testimonial. have seen quite a few newcastle shirts in LAX airport though.

not abroad obviously but london is full of geordies who have moved away for work. my uncle (scouser) says whereever he travels on his business he ends up bumping into geordies and scousers, his boss is from Gateshead for instance.

never met one newcastle fan in california, though i did meet a rabid alan shearer fan who spent her life savings on going to his testimonial. have seen quite a few newcastle shirts in LAX airport though.

not abroad obviously but london is full of geordies who have moved away for work. my uncle (scouser) says whereever he travels on his business he ends up bumping into geordies and scousers, his boss is from Gateshead for instance.

One place in London where I work sometimes has more Geordies on the staff than Londoners.

When I'm there, the Barley Mow in Duke Street is a great pub to watch Newcastle games. Full of Geordies. Unfortunately loads of scousers turn up there for Liverpool games, but otherwise it's free of rival supporter infestation.

One place in London where I work sometimes has more Geordies on the staff than Londoners.

When I'm there, the Barley Mow in Duke Street is a great pub to watch Newcastle games. Full of Geordies. Unfortunately loads of scousers turn up there for Liverpool games, but otherwise it's free of rival supporter infestation.

Sure they aren't Irish/Danish?

Barley Mow is a good one, when a big toon match is on it's absolutely heaving.

Yep.

A friend of mine was telling me the other day that they did a straw poll in his office (software developers in Birmingham) of the club with the most supporters in the office, and Legia Warsaw were second, they've got so many Polish programmers working there.

Yep.

You've done well, then. The Danish Red Shite are my favourites.

Although a pub i drink in up here is good - a management team of RS, and not a scouse accent to be heard.

Barley Mow is a good one, when a big toon match is on it's absolutely heaving.

There used to be another good place, in Covent Garden. I can't remember its name (had the word "green" in it) and it closed down shortly after I discovered it, but I had a really funny night there watching some cup game against Blackburn. The whole place singing "Geordie Boot Boys" and mocking a handful of Blackburn fans, one of whom got so wound up he went a bit mental and had to be pacified by the bar staff.