CL Quarter finals

Guest smoggeordie

I, for one, cheer for the British teams in the Champions League, regardless of who they are. Though, I'm not too broken up when Man U lose.

I still find that odd.

Proud to be British, maybe?

I'm proud to be English, but i don't support other English teams.

I think i'm a bit old-fashioned, as discussed before. I think you should support the team from where you come/at least have a strong link to. So i can't get my head around supporting any team that doesn't fall into that category. Maybe i'm just odd. Well, more odd than normal, i mean.

I accept that like, but I just never know why people pretend they don't understand why other people do it.  I'm a bit like yourself, I don't like to support other British teams, just reminds me how s**** we are.

No, i genuinely don't understand. Like how i don't understand why someone would support a team where they don't come from as theur first team. I genuinely don't understand the mindset, its not rational to me, but hey ho.

Well, the only reason I could understand it is if somebody spent most of their life in one city, then had to move to another for work, family, school and the like. 

I, for one, cheer for the British teams in the Champions League, regardless of who they are. Though, I'm not too broken up when Man U lose.

I still find that odd.

Proud to be British, maybe?

I'm proud to be English, but i don't support other English teams.

I think i'm a bit old-fashioned, as discussed before. I think you should support the team from where you come/at least have a strong link to. So i can't get my head around supporting any team that doesn't fall into that category. Maybe i'm just odd. Well, more odd than normal, i mean.

I accept that like, but I just never know why people pretend they don't understand why other people do it.  I'm a bit like yourself, I don't like to support other British teams, just reminds me how s**** we are.

No, i genuinely don't understand. Like how i don't understand why someone would support a team where they don't come from as theur first team. I genuinely don't understand the mindset, its not rational to me, but hey ho.

Well, the only reason I could understand it is if somebody spent most of their life in one city, then had to move to another for work, family, school and the like. 

Thats a link i was talking about. I can understand that, or even if your parents moved somewhere else and they brought you up as a fan of the original team. But having no strong link and then becoming this superfan of another citys club, baffles me.

I'm English enough to care about England winning, but English clubs is something different. There's no sense in which Man U or Chelsea or whoever are representing me. I've worked in a few different countries and I've spent more time in, say, Lisbon than I have in Liverpool -- have more friends there and like the place better. In the time I was there I used to go to Sporting games (sometimes to Benfica, but I liked Sporting better --perhaps because of a natural aversion to teams that play in red and white). And, frankly, if any English team except us was playing Sporting, it's Sporting I'd want to win.

Not seen it (watching the cricket) but Scholes is the luckiest player in the world to have not been sent off a million times before. He is an awful tackler but he gets away with murder, IMO due to his manner. He just doesnt come across as being nasty.

PS: Come on the Roma.

only his fifth red card of his career.  can't believe its so few!

Chelsea / Valencia 1st half was great, espically Silva's goal.

I only saw one goal all night. Stupid channel hopping. :(

You should have put Match Choice on and the goal update red button thing would have popped up.

Chelsea / Valencia 1st half was great, espically Silva's goal.

I only saw one goal all night. Stupid channel hopping. :(

You should have put Match Choice on and the goal update red button thing would have popped up.

Oh, NOW you tell me. Thanks for nothing.

;)

Really hope United go through,if you think united fans are arrogent cunts,wait till you see Roma fans..

How man, you're a Newcastle Fan. We're United, they're ManUre.

Exactly,yet i keep forgetting that,mainly because here (in my country) keep calling them United... :blush:

Really hope United go through,if you think united fans are arrogent cunts,wait till you see Roma fans..

Calling them 'ManUre' is more embarrassing than 'United', to be honest.

Do you prefer Red Manc Scum then?

Do you prefer Red Manc Scum then?

Dirty Red Wankers?

These threads always bring up the same arguments.

So I'll say this again, people who get on their high horse because of others calling ManU, "United" is just as annoying.

Exactly,yet i keep forgetting that,mainly because here (in my country) keep calling them United... :blush:

What country is that?