Turk on Trial (Left Back)

Ayerso

Newcastle have handed a trial to Olympiakos' Turkish left-back Erol Bulut.

Bulut, 32, will be a free agent upon the expiry of his Olympiakos contract in June and is hoping to impress Glenn Roeder sufficiently to earn a permanent contract.

Bulut travelled to the North East of England on Tuesday and is expected to remain with The Magpies until 10th April.

The player underwent a preliminary medical on Wednesday morning and will officially commence his trial period on Thursday.

And, after falling out of favour with his Greek employers, Bulut admitted he jumped at the opportunity.

"I wanted to stay with Olympiakos but I had no chance to play football there," Bulut is quoted as saying in Greek daily FOS.

"I didn't get the chance to show what I could do. I hope to prove my worth and stay at Newcastle, who are one of the biggest clubs in the Premiership."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=458833&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Magpies+hand+trial+to+Turk&channel=football_home&

Young, one for the future. Fits in with Roeders quota perfectly :D

Still, left back is much needed! Recognise the name but can't say I know anything of him...

Edit: If it is true it would probably suggest we are skint given the fact that its one of our poorest areas!

If its who i think it is then he aint anything special. How come Roeder didnt want Sol because he was to old yet since then he has got Sib and now handed a trial to this Turk. Day by day Roeder is making himself look more like a twat.

Guest NIToon

Don't know much about him but he would need to be s**t hot, LB has been one of our weakest areas for a while now.

The other weak positions of course being the rest of the defence

Second Turk we've had on trial this season.  BOOM BOOM.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

???

PS. Some fat old Turk who can't be judged without a trial won't be the answer to our left back problems.

Second Turk we've had on trial this season.  BOOM BOOM.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

???

PS. Some fat old Turk who can't be judged without a trial won't be the answer to our left back problems.

Considering his contract expires in the summer, meaning he's no good to us now.

That's the way forward lads! Bring in someone who has about 2 years left in their career, is inexperienced and there are far better people on frees this summer!

Cracking job Rat face!

Guest Gemmill

I think I'll reserve judgement until I see whether he's any good tbh.  At the minute we have zero left backs worthy of the title at the club, so I've got no problem with getting one in who's 32.  Might free up some cash in the summer, or alternatively we might still sign a left back and keep this fella as backup.

Has anyone actually seen him play?

I think I'll reserve judgement until I see whether he's any good tbh.  At the minute we have zero left backs worthy of the title at the club, so I've got no problem with getting one in who's 32.  Might free up some cash in the summer, or alternatively we might still sign a left back and keep this fella as backup.

Has anyone actually seen him play?

I've never seen him play, but i do know he's shit, fat... and that Roeder is a rat faced twat(!)

I know not a lot of people are impressed with Roeder at the moment, me being one of them! However, people keep goign on about the under 25 thing...I'm sure Roeder didn't mean he would never sign anyone over this age. I think what he meant was that large amounts of money shuldn't be spent on these kinds of players.

For example Campbell was on a free but he would have commanded significantly  high wages especially if he knew we were interested in him.

I have no doubt we will be looking at bringing in a top left back. if we are looking at the likes of this guy it will mean that Babayaro won't evem be kept around as backup.

It's such a shame Roeder has made a mess of things lately because it actually looks like we were prepared to sort out the squad nice and early this summer.

Oh well...

I know not a lot of people are impressed with Roeder at the moment, me being one of them! However, people keep goign on about the under 25 thing...I'm sure Roeder didn't mean he would never sign anyone over this age. I think what he meant was that large amounts of money shuldn't be spent on these kinds of players.

For example Campbell was on a free but he would have commanded significantly  high wages especially if he knew we were interested in him.

I have no doubt we will be looking at bringing in a top left back. if we are looking at the likes of this guy it will mean that Babayaro won't evem be kept around as backup.

It's such a shame Roeder has made a mess of things lately because it actually looks like we were prepared to sort out the squad nice and early this summer.

Oh well...

No he said he'd not be signing ANYONE over 25.

His words, not mine.

pathetic

What is?

If we sign him it will be even more pathetic

The last thing we need is some 32years old turk,who cant even be regular in the Greek league

great,just great

Guest Gemmill

Jesus Christ, talk about negativity.  People would walk past the bloke in the street and not know who he is, but they've already decided he's shit :lol:

Jesus Christ, talk about negativity.  People would walk past the bloke in the street and not know who he is, but they've already decided he's s*** :lol:

He played for Eintracht Frankfurt,Adanaspor,Panionios,Bursaspor so he must be world class player :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

pathetic

What is?

If we sign him it will be even more pathetic

The last thing we need is some 32years old turk,who cant even be regular in the Greek league

great,just great

There's a good chance he's better than Babayaro and he'll certainly demand less wages, why have you decided he's not even good enough to be a squad player before seeing him?

Guest Gemmill

Jesus Christ, talk about negativity.  People would walk past the bloke in the street and not know who he is, but they've already decided he's s*** :lol:

He played for Eintracht Frankfurt,Adanaspor,Panionios,Bursaspor so he must be world class player :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

And you've never seen him play for any of those teams.  Why not wait until you HAVE seen him?  He's only on trial and he's free ffs - in other words, if he's shit we don't have to keep him, if we do keep him, he doesn't cost a penny.