Fact about Arsenal's side yesterday

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, because UEFA always do the right thing. Have a word, man.

This rule isn't exactly new potatoes, either, it's in FM07 already. O0

...according to this board it not only isn't neccessary....No one has even given it a second thought...And most of you thought I was in cuckoo land..Saving it up you see. blueyes.gif ;)

I am win. :angel:

You cannot lump me in with that lot, man, howay. My posts were down the middle.

I'm claiming the win for the middle ground here, as usual. Grey > Black/White.

Yes, because UEFA always do the right thing. Have a word, man.

This rule isn't exactly new potatoes, either, it's in FM07 already. O0

...according to this board it not only isn't neccessary....No one has even given it a second thought...And most of you thought I was in cuckoo land..Saving it up you see. blueyes.gif ;)

I am win. :angel:

You cannot lump me in with that lot, man, howay. My posts were down the middle.

I'm claiming the win for the middle ground here, as usual. Grey > Black/White.

Your posts were interesting and you were looking of solutions...You know I like your posts. :)

We should be taking some of these West African lads and make them "English", it's the only way forward.

I wouldn't want to see a drastic fall in the quality of football to satisfy a rule like this. It would mean us having to play the likes of Ramage week in week out.

Oh behave! You love Peter really.

I like the way Parky has carried his hollow argument through five pages. Really, what is your point?

mackems.gif

It will be interesting to see what effect the UEFA ruling does have, not that it effects us a great deal at present with the number of English/British players we currently have on our books. It will certainly be interesting to see if Wenger starts bringing in more domestic players now. Keep your eye open.

Technically, as well, 25 people voted for change as opposed to 18 who said nothing should be done.

Here the INTER SQUAD.....

4 Javier Zanetti 28 1 1 11 4 0 15 0 1 0

5 Dejan Stankovic 25 2 5 35 3 5 31 0 9 0

8 Zlatan Ibrahimovic 23 1 15 40 14 3 31 0 6 2

13 Sisenando Maicon 22 4 0 9 1 5 15 0 7 1

23 Marco Materazzi 21 1 5 5 1 0 26 0 9 1

2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba 19 3 0 5 1 0 16 0 7 0

18 Hernán Crespo 18 5 10 23 6 2 8 0 3 0

14 Patrick Vieira 18 0 1 7 4 2 40 0 6 1

11 Fabio Grosso 17 1 2 11 2 1 6 0 1 0

7 Luis Figo 15 10 0 15 3 2 29 0 2 0

16 Nicolas Burdisso 14 5 2 5 0 1 25 0 5 0

15 Olivier Dacourt 14 4 0 6 1 0 14 0 5 0

19 Esteban Cambiasso 12 2 3 13 3 0 7 0 0 0

25 Walter Samuel 12 6 3 4 0 0 18 0 4 0

6 Maxwell 11 4 1 6 0 1 8 0 2 0

10 Adriano 11 9 4 40 9 7 29 0 1 0

21 Santiago Solari 8 8 1 13 4 2 4 0 1 0

9 Julio Cruz 6 5 5 15 4 1 15 0 1 0

1 Francesco Toldo 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

20 Alvaro Recoba 3 4 0 11 2 0 1 0 0 0

77 Marco Andreolli 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0

91 Mariano Gonzalez 1 8 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0

8 Scherer Andrade Maxwell 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

79 Fabian Carini 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

46 Dennis Esposito 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

57 Attila Filkor 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

91 Daniel Maa Boumsong 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

57 Ibrahim Maaroufi 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

50 Ibrahim Maroufi 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I kid you not the only Italian players are in bold.... :nope:

...and that's the WHOLE SQUAD. >:(

Haven't Inter basically always been a team full of foreigners? To change that would be to lose the tradition of the club.

Imagine how much more overvalued English players would become if this minimum home grown stuff comes to fruition.  The mind boggles.

Exactly. Also, isn't there a rule about only being allowed to sign English youth players who live within a certain radius of your club? If so the London clubs would have a bit of an advantage.

Here muppets and yes I mean all of YOU.. ;)

Despite objections from the Football Association, UEFA have ruled that by the 2008 season, clubs playing in European competitions must field at least eight home-grown players in their 25-man squad.

Of the eight, four will have had to be trained by the club's own academy and a further four trained within the same national association. UEFA are also pressing for the ruling to be enforced in domestic competitions, although that is yet to be agreed by national associations.

Spending spree: Chelsea's imports have made a big impression

The new rule will be introduced from the 2006-07 season with clubs needing to include a minimum of four home-grown players in a squad. That number will be increased to six the following season and eight in 2008-09.

No we can't see a problem.....What you on about? Blah blah Henry blah.... mackems.gif

END OF THREAD

Not quite. I think you'll find "home-grown" means players they have developed themselves, but these do not have to be English if the club's English, French if it's French etc. Arsenal are way ahead of the pack here, and they'll still have a multinational squad.

Despite objections from the Football Association, UEFA have ruled that by the 2008 season, clubs playing in European competitions must field at least eight home-grown players in their 25-man squad.

Of the eight, four will have had to be trained by the club's own academy and a further four trained within the same national association. UEFA are also pressing for the ruling to be enforced in domestic competitions, although that is yet to be agreed by national associations.

The new rule will be introduced from the 2006-07 season with clubs needing to include a minimum of four home-grown players in a squad. That number will be increased to six the following season and eight in 2008-09.

No we can't see a problem.....What you on about? Blah blah Henry blah.... mackems.gif

END OF THREAD

Not quite. I think you'll find "home-grown" means players they have developed themselves, but these do not have to be English if the club's English, French if it's French etc. Arsenal are way ahead of the pack here, and they'll still have a multinational squad.

Good point but if you go throught the thread you'll see that my main concern also was the grass roots game...ie..

"New proposals from UEFA to encourage European football clubs to select homegrown talent may not prevent the fielding of all-foreign teams under European law. European football’s governing body unveiled plans for a quota system, which many hoped would encourage clubs to nurture and play young local talent. UEFA announced that from 2006/07 clubs competing in its competitions would have to include at least four homegrown players in a squad of 25. Two club-trained and two association-trained players, aged 15-21, who have trained at that club for a minimum of three years. UEFA has stressed the proposals are not designed to place emphasis on a player’s nationality but rather to strengthen the football academies of clubs and restore, “the link between club and community.” "

I think this will also go some way to resolving the English players issue but won't be a solution as you say. I can't see clubs transporting 15 yr old away from homes in the Basque region etc.. ;)

Surely one of the reasons English players are so overpriced is because of the lack of them?

lack of them that have good quality.... i presume that? right dave?

Yes. If we were bringing more good English players through then surely they wouldn't be so rare, and thus so expensive?

Surely one of the reasons English players are so overpriced is because of the lack of them?

lack of them that have good quality.... i presume that? right dave?

?

Yes. If we were bringing more good English players through then surely they wouldn't be so rare, and thus so expensive?

I think the problem is very very deep why English talent becoming so rare. I thought the basic problem why English very rare is not because of the rule of that allowed foreign player to come to British by easily. But for me it concern on the quality of the younger development at very young age which have relation with how good of the quality of the academy on england. So British cannot just blame the fault on the rule about how much foreign players at EPL which applied now at British. But the Academy quality in England must be asked also... are they as good as the quality of the Academy in foreign country?

This one of the reason also why British failed to export their youngster also... because their quality wasn't sufficient enough...

Speaking of FM, in Spain don't they have some foolishness that means they can't have X number of non EU member players in real life?

I NEED MY AFRICANS AND ARGENTINIANS GOTDAMNIT!

3 Non EU players which prevented Messi from gaining a regular place in Barca's starting line-up earlier as he had to wait for his Spanish citizenship coming through

English players should get off their lazy arses and go and do what every other nationality does, go abroad. If they did then it would actually genuinely improve the English national team.

All that forcing the clubs to play inferior English-qualified players will do is make both our club and national sides worse than they already are, it benefits no-one.

If more of them went abroad then they would benefit enormously from it, they'd be exposed to different football styles and cultures as well as having to actually grow up as a person and all. The national team couldn't help but benefit from this and we might even end up with a team that aren't an embarrassment for once.

This'll never happen like, English footballers seem to be happy to see their career go down the shitter at a lower-league club because they're either too stupid, too lazy, or too much of a pussy, to learn another language and go abroad.

English players should get off their lazy arses and go and do what every other nationality does, go abroad. If they did then it would actually genuinely improve the English national team.

All that forcing the clubs to play inferior English-qualified players will do is make both our club and national sides worse than they already are, it benefits no-one.

If more of them went abroad then they would benefit enormously from it, they'd be exposed to different football styles and cultures as well as having to actually grow up as a person and all. The national team couldn't help but benefit from this and we might even end up with a team that aren't an embarrassment for once.

This'll never happen like, English footballers seem to be happy to see their career go down the shitter at a lower-league club because they're either too stupid, too lazy, or too much of a pussy, to learn another language and go abroad.

This... this... correct also... that's why i choose neither of the above... you cannot blame the rule... because every englishman also get fair chance also to compete on abroad... it is not impossible also that Serie A will full of Englishman if they want to do that and capable of doing that also.

Guest Invicta_Toon

END OF THREAD

I notice you didn't link this Parky. Could that be because it's bollix?

p.s. what is meant by home grown? iirc Shola moved here when he was eight, he could be playing for an African team right now if he were'nt hanging out for an England cap. Where does that put your developing the national team argument? In the shit that's where

END OF THREAD

p.s. what is meant by home grown? iirc Shola moved here when he was eight, he could be playing for an African team right now if he were'nt hanging out for an England cap. Where does that put your developing the national team argument? In the shit that's where

Erm, it's the 2006-07 season this season and unless I've missed something, no such rule exists.

Surely restrictions of this kind would be flagrantly against EU law, not to mention everything it stands for?

Guest Invicta_Toon

END OF THREAD

Erm, it's the 2006-07 season this season and unless I've missed something, no such rule exists.

Surely restrictions of this kind would be flagrantly against EU law, not to mention everything it stands for?

Parky in making shit up shocker

Here's the link to Parky's story. It's two years old:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/02/04/sfnbos04.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/02/04/ixfooty.html

And here's what David Dein had to say, further down the same story:

Arsenal deputy chairman David Dein has criticised the proposals, and believes it will lead to clubs recruiting players at a younger age to satisfy regulations.

"It's a scaling-down process. We've got the best league in the world and you tamper with it at your peril," he said. "There will be a great danger that clubs will bring younger-aged players, and their families, to the country so they have three years to make them `homegrown' players."

END OF THREAD

Parky in making shit up shocker

The link was old cause that is when it was first proposed and Uefa have been consulting since especially with the EU and EU emloyment law wallahs...

"Oh look the link is old"! Followed by copious dribbling with head to one side. ;)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

European Parliament Calls On Commission To Clarify Legal Status Of Professional Football

The European Parliament has called on the European Commission to ‘clarify the legal status of football’ after adopting a report titled ‘On the future of professional football in Europe’, drafted by Ivo Belet (EPP-ED, BE).

The report asks the Commission to specify ‘under which conditions legitimate and adequate self-regulation is supported’. The report also backs UEFA’s club licensing system; calls for football to establish agreement on a collective insurance system; asks the Commission to investigate the adoption of collective sale of TV rights; supports UEFA’s home-grown player rule.

European Commissioner, Jan Figel, is currently consulting on a White Paper on sport, due to be published this summer. Sporting federations are concerned that attempts to define sport’s relationship to EU law could undermine their decision-making autonomy (See World Sports Law Report, Volume 04, Issue 10, October 2006).

The European Commission has launched a public consultation on its planned White Paper on sport. Click here to give your view.

There could be legal challenges especially from Little Paris (The team formerly known as Arsenal). :cheesy:

http://www.e-comlaw.com/sportslawblog/template_archives.asp?chosenYear=2007&chosenMonth=3

Back in yer boxes. Aye. :laugh:

Free trade in goods and services, is the fundamental principle upon which the EU was founded. The problem for you here Parks is that footballers get paid to play, (ie they provide a service) therefore it is highly unlikely that the EU would pass a law which effectively denies them the same right that the rest of us get as EU citizens to be able to work anywhere within the EU. If this law was passed, it would be challenged and overturned in the European Court, and rightly so.

Free trade in goods and services, is the fundamental principle upon which the EU was founded. The problem for you here Parks is that footballers get paid to play, (ie they provide a service) therefore it is highly unlikely that effectively denies them the same right that the rest of us get as EU citizens (ie to be able to work anywhere within the EU). If this law was passed, it would be challenged and overturned in the European Court, and rightly so.

I don't give a monkeys about the EU....So no I've never seen it as a problem. It's a good idea and imo there should be a way of applying some aspects of it. Anyway we're technically not talking about stopping anyones right to work. IMO half of EU law is junk and needs to be challenged....

Infact you'll find the U.K. is not even signed up to the full treaty and we do as we please in other areas where our law still has precedence.

END OF THREAD

Arnesen is stepping on the gas at Chelsea though.  They've signed 3 foreign kids in the past 10 days or so, Gael Kakuta from Lens being the latest.