Owen and Shola come back

sempuki

Something tells me they'll only make the bench at best for the Chelsea game. Here's hoping they're available to start a couple of games before the season is out.

Yeah, lets hope Shola is available to make Martins look like he can control the ball like a Brazilian.

mackems.gif

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73866470.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934AEA4ECF4B436E777F41E6A627616C66

Taken this morning

Hes pumped those leg muscles up a bit, going for the Martins look..

It was his left knee that he did wasnt it?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73866470.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934AEA4ECF4B436E777F41E6A627616C66

Taken this morning

Hes pumped those leg muscles up a bit, going for the Martins look..

It was his left knee that he did wasnt it?

Right.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/0C91348E-6139-46B6-A27F-FFA685C9E0E0/88779/Owen_L.jpg

Did as much damage to it crawling off the pitch as the actual injury tbh.

Knew he was too injured to play in any worthwhile England matches so made it just bad enough so he didnt have to play too many Newcastle games this season.

tbh!

Guest smoggeordie

From the chronicle

Michael Owen has admitted that he cannot wait to get back scoring goals for Newcastle United.

And his manager Glenn Roeder believes that when he does come back, United's £17m man will be in "great shape".

That's the good news The Chronicle can report today as Owen seems to be just nine days away from a likely comeback against Chelsea at home a week on Sunday.

Speaking for the first time since he played and scored against Gretna on Tuesday, Owen said today: "I felt really sharp, but to be honest I always felt that I would be.

"It was great to be out there and good to score, although I suppose it wasn't what people would call a typical Michael Owen goal.

I have, though, been with Shola Ameobi a lot in recent months and it was super to see him score as well on Tuesday.

"Now I just cannot wait to start scoring goals again for Newcastle United."

Roeder always feared that he would be without Owen for the whole season, and the United boss has paid tribute to his England man and his rehabilitation expert John Green for the fact that the goalscoring striker will be back in action soon.

After completing United's preparations for tomorrow's game at Portsmouth, Roeder told me today: "I have worked very closely with Michael for the last three or four months and I can vouch for the amount of hard work both he and John Green have put in.

"It was the same as Kieron Dyer, and at times I have watched as Michael has been flat out on his back gasping for air, but it has all worked.

"For I would say that Michael is a couple of inches broader in his shoulders now, and the top half of his body is very strong.

"He is certainly in better physical shape than he was when he joined us from Real Madrid.

"Not only that, but the right hamstring, which has given him a lot of trouble in the past. has now been strengthened and, like Shola Ameobi, he is in great shape.

"Just having Michael and Shola out there with us has given everyone at the club a lift, and there has been a real buzz around the training ground."

Roeder's parting shot before he left for the south coast was: "Let's not forget that Michael Owen has scored seven goals for this football club in just 10 starts, and if you equate that over a full season you are talking about around the 30 mark."

Guest Invicta_Toon

"It was the same as Kieron Dyer, and at times I have watched as Michael has been flat out on his back gasping for air, but it has all worked.

Ah Terry Mac's patented sex-therapy regime :lol:

From the chronicle

Michael Owen has admitted that he cannot wait to get back scoring goals for Newcastle United.

And his manager Glenn Roeder believes that when he does come back, United's £17m man will be in "great shape".

That's the good news The Chronicle can report today as Owen seems to be just nine days away from a likely comeback against Chelsea at home a week on Sunday.

Speaking for the first time since he played and scored against Gretna on Tuesday, Owen said today: "I felt really sharp, but to be honest I always felt that I would be.

"It was great to be out there and good to score, although I suppose it wasn't what people would call a typical Michael Owen goal.

I have, though, been with Shola Ameobi a lot in recent months and it was super to see him score as well on Tuesday.

"Now I just cannot wait to start scoring goals again for Newcastle United."

Roeder always feared that he would be without Owen for the whole season, and the United boss has paid tribute to his England man and his rehabilitation expert John Green for the fact that the goalscoring striker will be back in action soon.

After completing United's preparations for tomorrow's game at Portsmouth, Roeder told me today: "I have worked very closely with Michael for the last three or four months and I can vouch for the amount of hard work both he and John Green have put in.

"For I would say that Michael is a couple of inches broader in his shoulders now, and the top half of his body is very strong.

"He is certainly in better physical shape than he was when he joined us from Real Madrid.

"Not only that, but the right hamstring, which has given him a lot of trouble in the past. has now been strengthened and, like Shola Ameobi, he is in great shape.

"Just having Michael and Shola out there with us has given everyone at the club a lift, and there has been a real buzz around the training ground."

Roeder's parting shot before he left for the south coast was: "Let's not forget that Michael Owen has scored seven goals for this football club in just 10 starts, and if you equate that over a full season you are talking about around the 30 mark."

Anyone know how the goal was?

Something like a bending finish into the bottom corner from the edge of the box, i think was kinda how it was described. Kinda like Dyer's vs Arsenal was how i'd pictured it.

I heard it labelled as a "dipping shot on the run" from 25-yards, but that could be wide of the mark.

Something like a bending finish into the bottom corner from the edge of the box, i think was kinda how it was described. Kinda like Dyer's vs Arsenal was how i'd pictured it.

I heard it labelled as a "dipping shot on the run" from 25-yards, but that could be wide of the mark.

There's something in that response that tells me you're an Alan Oliver fan!