Steven Taylor for Captain?

Guest haseeb
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nobby Solano might make a good captain. Everyone (ie the players) seems to like him from an outside point of view, hes often seen lecturing players and telling them what to do on the pitch, hes one of the few who everyone passes to when they get the opportunity to do so (ie confidence in his ability), he seems to be a calming influence when hes in the side, hes an experienced/good player, as well as one who has been a loyal servant to the club.

Butt or Shay Given could be decent options. Taylor is definately going to be our captain one day.

Alternatively, we could just sign Woodgate, and make him our captain. Even if he gets injured, its not a big deal at least because then the manager normally chooses who the captain will be for the match, ie whether Woodgate is fit or not, itll stop the likes of Parker, Butt, Taylor, etc, being made club captain, and hence undroppable from the first team when in truth none of them are really good enough to have that status with us.

Nobby Solano might make a good captain. Everyone (ie the players) seems to like him from an outside point of view, hes often seen lecturing players and telling them what to do on the pitch, hes one of the few who everyone passes to when they get the opportunity to do so (ie confidence in his ability), he seems to be a calming influence when hes in the side, hes an experienced/good player, as well as one who has been a loyal servant to the club.

Butt or Shay Given could be decent options. Taylor is definately going to be our captain one day.

Alternatively, we could just sign Woodgate, and make him our captain. Even if he gets injured, its not a big deal at least because then the manager normally chooses who the captain will be for the match, ie whether Woodgate is fit or not, itll stop the likes of Parker, Butt, Taylor, etc, being made club captain, and hence undroppable from the first team when in truth none of them are really good enough to have that status with us.

blueyes.gif

I would choose Nobby over all of those lot. He actually understands the game - added bonus of him taking the majority of free kicks.

My biggest gripe with most captains (like the David Beckham England fiasco as a good example) is that they were chosen because they are the most skilled or valuable asset to the team. Bullox - they need to be able to understand the game and be able to both play well (not necessarily the best) and watch how everyone else is doing and adjust those around them to make the team better during the course fo the game. I believe Nobby is one of the very few players we have that can do this and with him at RB even more so.

I would vote Taylor for captain. Come threw our rankings, has a top personality, and is villing to offer his life for Newcastle. One of our most commited guys, and has a great talent. He seems like a leader, and i believe he can motivate the rest.  Parker looks past it, he looks like butt did before he went to birmingham.

Still too young to be a captain...What kind of message you are sending to Solano, Butt and Given if a kid like Taylor is given the armband !!!

Guest Ridzuan

I like the sound of appointing him as the captain but I still think it is too soon for him.Wait till he is in mid-20s before we decide to whether we should give it to him.

What worldclass player ( if we get any ever again ) would respect a kid ? I think in order for a captain to actually work out on the pitch the whole squad has to look up to him.

Aye very true, and I do not think they all will look upto Taylor..

Guest Gemmill

twice feigning stomach injury to avoid giving away a penalty leads me to believe he isn't captain material somehow

Good logic.

Guest Gemmill

The fat c*nt Steven Carr for Captain  :knuppel2:

Nice username mate. :lol:

Is somebody taking the piss? :D

:lol: Aye, f*ckin big time!!  :lol:

Out of who?

• 2 months later...

Added a poll TT.

Cheers.

Well i'm delighted for him. A little early on but lets hope it makes a man out of him.

Good luck Taylor, you are going to need it, but i'm sure you've got what it takes.

Guest WalkervilleMag
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2782117/2/istockphoto_2782117_spying.jpg

If it is true then I hope hes only a stand-in captain for pre-season as hes far too young and not the brightest of lads to be captaining the team over a whole season.

I forsee this as only temporary. I'll wait until after the window shuts before making any more judgements though...