Reading (a) - Pre-Match Thread

Skirge

Guest Jonny4Toon

Even though i don't agree with it hell go for the 4-5-1 and leave Martins up front on his own again where he has got no goals from this season! :rant:

If I was in charge it would be:

HARPER, SOLANO, TAYLOR, ONYEWU, CARR, MILNER, EMRE, BUTT, N'ZOGBIA, MARTINS, CARROLL

SUBS: SRNICEK, BRAMBLE, DYER, PARKER, AMEOBI

Guest smoggeordie

Harper

Solano Taylor Bramble Carr

Dyer Butt Emre Milner

Martins Carroll

Subs

Krul

N'Zogbia

Parker

Owen

Ameobi

Given's got a good chance of being fit. If not, Harper can play, with Krul on the bench.

Back 4 versus Chelsea deserve to keep their place.

Likewise for midfield four, although with Parker fit, someone is bound to go. Roeder will bottle any decisions by "resting" Milner.

Martins will start. I think Reading will require a little experience to see off, so I'd keep Carroll out of the starting XI, and he'll probably only make the squad if Owen doesn't make it. Shola has come through two 70 min spells unscathed, and is probably the best man for this job.

My PES formation :D

Harper/Given

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Carr/Babayaro/Edgar

Parker      Butt      Emre

Owen        Luque    Martins

wich will never happen so i am guessing we will play:

Harper/Given

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Carr

Dyer  Parker  Butt  Milner

Ameobi  Martins

Subs:-

Harper/Pav

Ramage

N'Zogbia

Emre

Carroll

Sibreski

5 of those,Zoggy likley to be dropped,Depends on if Owen is fit o r not

Guest jazzfido

Winning formation

Harper

Nobby---Taylor---Gooch----Baba

--------------Parker------------------

Milner-------------------------Zoggy

---------------Dyer-------------------

---------Shola---Martins---

Sub:

Pav

Bramble

Owen

Butt

Emre

well our fullbacks will get a roasting from the Reading wingers  and they hammer the crosses in so 4-4-2 looks a better bet

they don't play through the midfield very much so we don't need 5 across the middle

Long balls from the back will be eaten up by their central defence

----------------Harper

Nobby---Taylor---Bramble----Baba

Milner    Parker    Dyer    The Zog

------------Ameobi ---Martins

Go down there and be positive about it, take the game to them..

----------------Given------------

Nol------Tayls------Bramble-----Baba

Dyer-----Butt--------Emre-------Milner

---------Owen------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Carr

Parker

Carroll

Shola

This certainly a must win game if we are to pip Blackburn for a place that will lead to Uefa Cup Football.

On Reading-  i have been hugely impressed with Steve Coppel side this season, there strength is the service from Wide with the runner of Hunt on the Left and the delivery of Seol on the right who will look to provide in swinging crosses, stopping the consistent service to Kevin Doyle is key.

On Newcastle- it will be interesting to see who and how Glen Roeder will decide to play with the return to fitness of Michael Owen, Ameobi and Parker and the likes of N'Zogbia and Babayaro both knocking on the door for a place in the team.

- Providing fitness the return of Michael Owen and our Captain Scott Parker should be a huge boost to our side.

- I've stated before that i believe Onyewu and N'Zogbia should both get runs in the side, Onyewu next to Steven Taylor can be a dominant partnership strengh and and ariel wise the game at home to Liverpool particularly stand out when they have been partnered, but they really need a run as a partnership for the maybe "future partnership" to flourish.

- With Charles N'Zogbia when the injury to Damien Duff happened thats when Roeder should of started Charles run in the side in his best position Left Wing not in the Centre away to Portsmouth hopefully Charles will start in his best position against Reading.

- For me its a perfect opportunity on Monday to drop Kieron Dyer somebody i rate highly and massively value his ability he offers to our team but he has been woeful in his last two games at St James a shadow of himself having him dropped to the bench and using him as a impact player and fresh legs could be just what we need something we haven't had all season to change games with impact players coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes with the return of Michael Owen to partner Obafemi Martins up top it could give Glen Roeder the opportunity to use Dyer in this role.

- My thoughts on who i would start, pairing Steven Taylor and Onyewu it gives us a partnership that is dominant ariely and both have great strengh we will need that with the amount of balls from wide from Reading, Parker will need to double up when Reading's Wingers are running at our full backs and also stopping the forward runs of Sidwell, Emre will have a huge part setting up moves with his passing its inportent he starts through the middle, the pace of N'Zogbia on the Left should give a ageing De La Cruz something to worry about and the delivery from the right off Milner should provide the service in the box for Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins to thrive.

Harper

Solano  Onyewu Taylor  Babayaro

Milner Parker Emre N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Subs;

Krul, Carr, Butt ,Dyer on for Owen 65 minutes, Ameobi

Prediction- Reading 1 v 3 Newcastle Owenx2, Martins

Guest smoggeordie

This certainly a must win game if we are to pip Blackburn for a place that will lead to Uefa Cup Football.

On Reading-  i have been hugely impressed with Steve Coppel side this season, there strength is the service from Wide with the runner of Nicky Hunt on the Left and the delivery of Seol on the right who will look to provide in swinging crosses, stopping the consistent service to Kevin Doyle is key.

On Newcastle- it will be interesting to see who and how Glen Roeder will decide to play with the return to fitness of Michael Owen, Ameobi and Parker and the likes of N'Zogbia and Babayaro both knocking on the door for a place in the team.

- providing fitness the return of Michael Owen and our Captain Scott Parker should be a huge boost to our side.

- i've stated before that i believe Onyewu and N'Zogbia should both get runs in the side, Onyewu next to Steven Taylor can be a dominant partnership strengh and and ariel wise the game at home to Liverpool particularly stand out when they have been partnered, but they really need a run as a partnership for the maybe "future partnership" to flourish.

- with Charles N'Zogbia when the injury to Damien Duff happened thats when Roeder should of started Charles run in the side in his best position Left Wing not in the Centre away to Portsmouth hopefully Charles will start in his best position against Reading.

- for me its a perfect opportunity on Monday to drop Kieron Dyer somebody i rate highly and massively value his ability he offers to our team but he has been woeful in his last two games at St James a shadow of himself having him dropped to the bench and using him as a impact player and fresh legs could be just what we need something we haven't had all season to change games with impact players coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes with the return of Michael Owen it could give Glen Roeder the opportunity to use Dyer in this role.

- my thoughts on who i would start, pairing Steven Taylor and Onyewu it gives us a partnership that is dominant ariely and both have great strengh we will need that with the amount of balls from wide from Reading, Parker will need to double up when Reading's Wingers are running at our full backs and also stopping the forward runs of Sidwell, Emre will have a huge part setting up moves with his passing its inportent he starts through the middle, the pace of N'Zogbia on the Left should give a ageing De La Cruz something to worry about and the delivery from the right off Milner should provide the service in the box for Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins to thrive.

Harper

Solano  Onyewu Taylor  Babayaro

Milner Parker Emre N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Subs;

Krul, Carr, Butt ,Dyer on for Owen 65 minutes, Ameobi

Prediction- Reading 1 v 3 Newcastle Owenx2, Martins

Love it when people decide the substitutions pre match :lol:

Did no one see how shit Owen was at the World Cup - coming back from injury the first time? Add another ten months onto that.

I'd rather he was left on the bench and eased back in, for the good of the man himself and the team.

Btw, Gallowgate End - i think you're good for these pre-match, pick-yer-line-up threads - i don't especially agree with your points but you make the effort to elaborate and express them properly. But howay man, there were 8 fullstops in that great long post there. And they weren't even relevant seeing as they were bullet points. ;)

...................Harper..................

......Tayls..Bramble..Gooch.......

Nol............Butt................Milner

................Parker......................

......Owen..............Martins.........

.................Carrol........................

xD

Or Do a manure...

................Harper

Parker..Tayls..Bramble..Carr

...........Butt....Milner..............

Owen..Shola..Carrol..Martins

omg Parker & Emre mackems.gif

[/HTL]

;)

Seriously though, i'd play that but with Butt instead of Parker. I reckon Roeder will drop Emre though, and play the same team otherwise. :(

omg Parker & Emre mackems.gif

When the f*** will some people learn?

No doubt at all, just like Jenas, when Parka eventually pisses off all of those who would select him week in, week out will claim they always knew he was s****.  :idiot2:

It absolutely beats me that someone who can have a decent season like Butt has had can continually be touted for the bench by the usual suspects. God, I reckon these lot would crawl through 3 miles of broken glass to get a sniff of where Parka's s*** comes from. Honestly, anybody still going for a CM of Parker/Emre needs a brain transplant.

Chronicle are saying that Parker misses out, Nicky Butt is doubtful and Milner is still in pain with stitches in his leg but he should play tonight. Apparently Owen will partner Martins up top, with Ameobi on the bench and that's about all.

If Butt makes it, I'd expect the same midfield as we saw against Chelsea, along with the same defence, but if he doesn't I suppose we'll see Emre/Dyer in the middle with Milner/N'Zogbia on the flanks.

The big news is obviously up front, but it's not 100% nailed-on, Oliver has put his neck on the line if he's not sure like.

Harper

Solano - Taylor - Bramble - Bab

Emre - Butt

Milner                        Zog

Martins

Owen

Probably the shortest midfield/forwards line-up in the EPL.

By the looks of things, it'll be....

GK - Harper

RB - Solano

LB - Carr

CB - Bramble

CB - Taylor

RM - Dyer

LM - N'Zogbia (Milner if fully-fit)

CM - Butt

CM - Emre

CF - Martins

CF - Owen

Srnicek; Onyewu, Milner (N'Zogbia if Milner fully-fit), Sibierski, Ameobi

With the news on injuries etc i'll change my line up to:

-------------Harper-------------

Solano---Taylor---bramble---Carr

Dyer----Butt-----Emre------Milner

----------Owen ---Martins------

I would bring zoggy on for the worst out of dyer and milner in the second half and also give shola a run out later on aswell.

BTW Gallowgate End Who is Nicky hunt?

We have a left mid fielder called Steven Hunt and a left back called Nicky Shorey.

Nicky Hunt plays for Bolton, he must have got them mixed up.

BTW Gallowgate End Who is Nicky hunt?

We have a left mid fielder called Steven Hunt and a left back called Nicky Shorey.

Aye your right and its Stephen Hunt...

Are you a Reading season ticket holder, and what do you expect Steve Coppel to go with against Newcastle United tonight?

By the looks of things, it'll be....

GK - Harper

RB - Solano

LB - Carr

CB - Bramble

CB - Taylor

RM - Dyer

LM - N'Zogbia (Milner if fully-fit)

CM - Butt

CM - Emre

CF - Martins

CF - Owen

Srnicek; Onyewu, Milner (N'Zogbia if Milner fully-fit), Sibierski, Ameobi

Would be reasonably pleased with that team. For all I've slated him over timme Carr hasn't been as much of a disaster at LB as he could have been - so far at least. Makes a bit of sense to stick with the same back 4.