Reading (a) - Pre-Match Thread

Skirge

If Emre doesn't play CM tonight, after his terrific display against the worlds best midfield, I'll be livid tbh.

Harper

Solano Taylor Bramble Carr

Dyer Butt Emre Milner

Owen Martins

That's how it will and should be.

Its interesting Roeder has played both Emre and Milner out of position on the Left and not tried Dyer coming in off the Left yet such is his obsession playing players out of position.

I think its very important James Milner starts in his best position which is Right Wing, after all he has got most of his 8 assists from the Right and enjoys his relationship with Solano passes getting him in a good position to deliver from the right.

Also i think its important that Emre plays throw the middle continuing on from his performance against Chelsea in this role.

Roeder must play N'Zogbia in his best position tonight that is Left Wing.

I really hope we dont see another Tactical f*** up like away to Portsmouth just a few weeks ago where Roeder had to change back to 4-4-2 at Half Time and playing N'Zogbia in a un familiar role first half.

I dont like to criticizes Roeder but a repeat of his own mistakes in his tactics and selections away to Portsmouth can not be repeated.

Owen won't start, he'll get about half an hour.

Martins and Dyer will start up front.  Then no doubt somenoe like Milner or N'Zogbia will be the one to get subbed, Dyer will go into their position and Owen up front with Martins.

Harper

Solano      Taylor    Bramble      Carr

Butt

Emre

Milner                                      Dyer

Martins

Owen

The only difference i can see to this side is that Dyer and Milner may be switched.

Guest raydetmold

Harper  , solano , taylor  , bramble , carr , dyer , butt , emre ,

Howay then, who starts, who does'nt..

-------------Harper

Nol----Tayls------Bramble---Baba

Dyer----Parks-----Emre------Milner

-------Carroll-----Martins

BENCH

Pav

Carr

Butt

Zoggy

Owen

Id be happy to see that.

milner , owen , martins

People selecting the Emre-Butt partnership are forgetting that Parker is returning. Parker is going to play.

And, if Milner isn't completely fit, it gives Roeder the perfect excuse to accommodate all centre-mids. Cos he's a plank.

Dyer --- Butt --- Parker --- Emre

If Milner doesn't start, that'll be the line-up. Bet your life.

Harper

Taylor  Gooch  Bramble

Solano                                    Milner/Zoggy

Butt Emre

Owen            Martins

Shola

People selecting the Emre-Butt partnership are forgetting that Parker is returning. Parker is going to play.

And, if Milner isn't completely fit, it gives Roeder the perfect excuse to accommodate all centre-mids. Cos he's a plank.

Dyer --- Butt --- Parker --- Emre

If Milner doesn't start, that'll be the line-up. Bet your life.

Parker failed a fitness test and didn't travel according to the Chronicle. Millions dead in betting scandal

Well they also say Butt and Milner are struggling, so I'm not sure what'll happen. Carr's played in defensive midfield before as part of a 5 but probably not in a 4, I expect it'll be Emre/Dyer if Butt is out, with Milner right and Zog left. If Milner's out too then I can only assume Nobby will be pushed on and the back 4 will be switched around, there's far too many if's and but's to guess the team really.

Harper

Milner Bramble Taylor N'Zogbia

Butt

Solano    Emre

Luque

Owen    Martins

...with Owen & Martins up front it's essential we pack the midfield with creative players capable of picking a killer pass; Solano, Emre & Luque can all do so.  Regarding the full-backs, i think Reading will run the aging Carr and Solano ragged. They get the ball to the flanks and put it in the box, no great positioning nor knowledge of the role is required to face them - the young legs of Milner and N'Zogbia would be far better suited to the task of tirelessly chasing down their wingers. Anyway, when defending, the triumvirate of Butt, Solano & Emre could cover as defensive midfielders, we wouldn't exactly be overrun. Depending on the scoreline the full-backs should be able to support attacks too, as long as Butt stays within our half.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Harper

Solano Taylor Bramble Carr

Milner Butt Emre Nzogbia

Owen Martins

Pav Dyer Gooch Shola Bbyo

I'd be an interesting center midfield if Butt was injured. Hopefully Dyer/Emre and not N'Zogbia/Emre. Still, both of those combinations are very attack-minded and could be good for support for Owen and Martins.

Yorkie was it you, who, within days of registering, announced you had a mate called Greame who told you O'Neill had taken the job? I remember thinking "if this isn't true, this guy will be demoted to Taylor27" To be fair to you, you've redeemed yourself IMO. Sort of.