Reading (a) - Pre-Match Thread

Skirge

They're recapping the 3-2 home game on the Radio (Martins' penalty, etc.)... I forgot how mint that Emre goal was at the end!

One of the few highlights of the season at home.

I'm off to watch it: HOWAY THE LADS!

I would have thought Solano would be the choice. We play him at the back because "He's done it for his country many times" but we don't let him captain us in the absence of the 4 or so ahead of him even though he's captained his country...

The result is more important than how Owen plays. The main thing is that he gets throught the game and gets some of his match confidence and sharpness back. Personally I wouldn't have started him.

I would have thought Solano would be the choice. We play him at the back because "He's done it for his country many times" but we don't let him captain us in the absence of the 4 or so ahead of him even though he's captained his country...

Does it really matter, mate?  Maybe Roeder did it to give Dyer a boost of confidence or maybe Nobby had it, but thought Dyer should wear it.  After all, who better to "smack" the players around on the pitch? 

Guest chiu2k

Can't believe Dyer is captain ahead of Taylor, Harper and Nobby.

Disgraceful. Generally I'm supportive of Roeder but that is a bad move imo.

Is it a move to show he will not be sold in the summer?

Does it really matter, mate?  Maybe Roeder did it to give Dyer a boost of confidence or maybe Nobby had it, but thought Dyer should wear it.  After all, who better to "smack" the players around on the pitch? 

I can't be bothered to get into a debate about whether the captain matters or not but I'm pretty sure 80%+ would rather have seen Nobby captain than Dyer, mainly due to the many times Dyer has disgraced the club (and that includes possible fictional stories that are taken as fact such as burning notes etc)

I do think though that it's a move to show he's wanted here and that he won't be leaving, and it doesn't matter too much because he's captained us before so it's not totally random.

Guest Geordiesned

ARRRGGGHHH!!! Why does he feel the need to have a pop at Martins when commenting on Owen's comeback?? What a fucking twat faced cunt he is!