Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

Don't shoot the messenger, but I read on another forum that he is on his way to NUFC. Apparently it will be announced tomorrow, and Sam Allardyce will be the manager for the Reading game. I will wait with baited breath. :undecided:

I wonder if this is the reason why someone bought all those shares on Friday. Just guessing.

If that happens i'll buy a hat (don't own one) and eat it.

aye. no chance that will happen.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I read on another forum that he is on his way to NUFC. Apparently it will be announced tomorrow, and Sam Allardyce will be the manager for the Reading game. I will wait with baited breath. :undecided:

I wonder if this is the reason why someone bought all those shares on Friday. Just guessing.

the he will be a manager for the Reading game is enough to get you shot tbh

DON'T GET OUR HOPES UP, THEY WILL COME CRUSHING DOWN SOONER OR LATER

No expectations, no disappointments i say..

anyone else expecting a press release from fat fred denying all this tomorrow???

If more than one morning paper carries the link, expect something around 10am.

almost as predictable as Oliver saying we won't be interested in him in tomorrow's chronicle........  after the journal says we will be in the morning!

Newcastle to have a manager lined up before sacking the current one? Since when has sheppard ever been that forward thinking? Someones having a laugh.

He does think forward,he always does that, During breakfast he thinks about what he's having for lunch,and during lunch he thinks about what he is having for dinner

Not to mention the fact that he always forward think about what is he going to have as a snack..

Guest smoggeordie

If that happens i'll buy a hat (don't own one) and eat it.

I'll also buy a hat and raise you a monocle.

Tbh, you deserve shooting for posting that, regardless.

Guest makemeacupoftea

tbh, shut up

Why did he leave so suddenly though? Still no answer to this and I doubt we'll get one from tomorrow's press conference or indeed anytime soon.

Now, I know this is speculation and conjecture...but then the whole thread is speculation and conjecture...so really, is it out with the realms of possibility that Sam's hand has been forced - not by the leaking of the news of his intention to go at the end of the season but because perhaps his position at BRFC has become untenable...possibly due to the allegations made by the recent BBC Panorama programme (which incidentally didn't come up with any really substantial evidence it has to be said) and the Stevens Enquiry?

Perhaps Sam's getting out before he's slung out? As I said, purely speculation and I'm not making any unfounded allegations - just posing a question really...

As regards Sam being here in place for the Reading game tomorrow night...nothing is impossible with Freddie Shepherd. Nothing.

Although I'll probably be joining Dave in his hat eating antics tomorrow.

Why did he leave so suddenly though? Still no answer to this and I doubt we'll get one from tomorrow's press conference or indeed anytime soon.

Now, I know this is speculation and conjecture...but then the whole thread is speculation and conjecture...so really, is it out with the realms of possibility that Sam's hand has been forced - not by the leaking of the news of his intention to go at the end of the season but because perhaps his position at BRFC has become untenable...possibly due to the allegations made by the recent BBC Panorama programme (which incidentally didn't come up with any really substantial evidence it has to be said) and the Stevens Enquiry?

Perhaps Sam's getting out before he's slung out? As I said, purely speculation and I'm not making any unfounded allegations - just posing a question really...

As regards Sam being here in place for the Reading game tomorrow night...nothing is impossible with Freddie Shepherd. Nothing.

Although I'll probably be joining Dave in his hat eating antics tomorrow.

I'll bring some salt and pepper..

tbh, shut up

Get you!

From the Mail:

Off in a hurry - Sam's rapid exit paves the way to Newcastle

by IAN LADYMAN -

Last updated at 23:12pm on 29th April 2007

Sam Allardyce yesterday brought forward his resignation as Bolton manager and is now a strong candidate to take over at Newcastle United this summer.

A day after Sportsmail revealed that Allardyce would stand down at the end of the season, the 52-year-old quit under pressure from the Lancashire club. Sammy Lee is expected to take charge for the remaining two games.

Now Allardyce is the front-runner to replace Newcastle’s Glenn Roeder this summer, only 14 months after turning down the job at St James’ Park. He has not committed himself to anything and is aware of interest from Manchester City, who are almost certain to part company with Stuart Pearce this summer.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd offered the job to Allardyce after sacking Graeme Souness in February 2006, only for his prime target to turn it down at the last minute.

That still rankles with Shepherd, who has also expressed private concerns recently that unsubstantiated allegations in the Panorama ‘bung’ investigation have put some people at the club off Allardyce. Shepherd has publicly insisted that Roeder will be his manager next season and the two have discussed transfer budgets.

Nevertheless, Shepherd maintains an admiration for Allardyce’s work during his eight years at Bolton. Allardyce himself is known to prefer a job in the north west, where his wife Lynn is settled, and would be interested in the post at City.

But with the City of Manchester Stadium currently the scene of a complex takeover saga, Allardyce knows it would be risky to wait and see if he is favoured by whoever — if anybody — buys the club.

Allardyce, who has not given up hope of one day getting the England job, decided to bring forward the announcement about his future yesterday after Sportsmail leaked news of his plans.

Bolton chairman Gartside will hold a press conference this morning and describe the split as amicable.

But it is understood Gartside was so unsure of Allardyce’s intentions that he phoned City chairman John Wardle last Thursday to ask if he intended trying to poach his manager.

Bolton are expected to replace Allardyce with his assistant Lee, who said: "I have always been ambitious and I have been very, very fortunate because I have worked under some very good people, learning my trade.

Scroll down to read more:

"I haven’t managed before but I would like to one day, although it’s for other people to make that decision. Sam knew I had aspirations when I came here. I have not been digging away in any shape or form.

"I have been here to help him and assist and he has certainly broadened my horizons and has certainly broadened my education with regard to coaching."

He never did sue the BBC, did he?

Hmmm.

Not to my knowledge, at least...curiouser and curiouser...

nah, he didn't. just refused to give any interviews to the BBC. not a big loss.....

Does anyone genuinely believe that Shepherd will get rid of Roeder? I mean genuinely... not basing the idea on hope.

I really would love it so much if he was replaced with Allardyce, it would be such a good move. But i honestly just can't see it happening.

Sam Allardyce yesterday brought forward his resignation as Bolton manager and is now a strong candidate to take over at Newcastle United this summer.

A day after Sportsmail revealed that Allardyce would stand down at the end of the season, the 52-year-old quit under pressure from the Lancashire club. Sammy Lee is expected to take charge for the remaining two games.

Now Allardyce is the front-runner to replace Newcastle's Glenn Roeder this summer, only 14 months after turning down the job at St James' Park. He has not committed himself to anything and is aware of interest from Manchester City, who are almost certain to part company with Stuart Pearce this summer.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd offered the job to Allardyce after sacking Graeme Souness in February 2006, only for his prime target to turn it down at the last minute.

That still rankles with Shepherd, who has also expressed private concerns recently that unsubstantiated allegations in the Panorama bung' investigation have put some people at the club off Allardyce. Shepherd has publicly insisted that Roeder will be his manager next season and the two have discussed transfer budgets.

Nevertheless, Shepherd maintains an admiration for Allardyce's work during his eight years at Bolton. Allardyce himself is known to prefer a job in the north west, where his wife Lynn is settled, and would be interested in the post at City.

=============================================================================================

And...

Newcastle, meanwhile, have yet to make a decision on Glenn Roeder’s future as manager. Allardyce rejected the job in 2004, but is certain to be among the contenders if Roeder is dismissed. The Tyneside club have also shown interest in Sven-Göran Eriksson, the former England head coach, as revealed by The Times this month. Senior Newcastle officials last night distanced themselves from a bid for Allardyce’s services.

Sources close to Allardyce have indicated that he would be interested in the Newcastle job and also that of City, in the event of a takeover, but also that, as with Alan Curbishley’s resignation at Charlton Athletic a year ago, he would welcome a period away from the game if the right opportunity does not arise

=============================================================================================

The poor Mackems get promoted but once again WE will be all over the back pages & in the headlines of papers.

Does anyone genuinely believe that Shepherd will get rid of Roeder? I mean genuinely... not basing the idea on hope.

I really would love it so much if he was replaced with Allardyce, it would be such a good move. But i honestly just can't see it happening.

Hope is all I/we have at the moment, But i am almost certin that Roeder will be our manager next season :(

He never did sue the BBC, did he?

Hmmm.

Not to my knowledge, at least...curiouser and curiouser...

nah, he didn't. just refused to give any interviews to the BBC. not a big loss.....

That's not the point we're hinting at, though. BBC broadcasts program containing loads of allegations against Sam.

Sam denies them angrily, says he's going to sue the BBC for this slander etc etc. Several months later, no hint of legal action. Hmmmm.

Good manager, mind.

Sounds like you need one of these, too...

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/hmmmmmm.jpg

Guest TheOrder

Anyone think If we lose/draw the last the three games, and finish 15th/16th, Allardyce will be rubbing his hands?

I don't think we could take having another worst placed finish.

There's hardly a club/manager/agent out there who hasn't taken a bung in all reality...No one gives a s***.

If a manager was making transfer decisions based on his own personal financial gain, rather than the good of his club, then the supporters of that club have every right to be very annoyed.

It is widespread, but the allegations against him were pretty hefty. The fact he didn;t take any action is a bit worrying.

But as you said, it doesn't really matter in the wider picture, if he keeps his club's fans happy.