The right man is now available Freddy, what do you do?

Guest Knightrider

5. Roeder has done a decent job of stabilising a team on the slide but imo isn't up to the task of taking the team any further and should the right man be available we should snap him up. Whether Allardyce is that man is open to debate as the last time i looked Allardyce and Bolton had won as much as we have in the last 37 years.

Allardyce has been there 8 years and his net spend is less than what we paid for Babayaro!

What has he ever won?

What did Shearer win in his career? Did it equal his ability as a player?

He won the Premiership Title with Blackburn.

Is the correct answer.  ;D mackems.gif

So he has less to show than someone like Phil Neville? Yes pissing myself too!

Guest Gemmill

He'll keep Gooch for his throw in ability. Hoy it into the box packed with bodies.

We should have been making a lot more use of that while he was here though.  Although it's very clear that set pieces and tactics and the like are not something we waste our time with in training.

He'll keep Gooch for his throw in ability. Hoy it into the box packed with bodies.

We should have been making a lot more use of that while he was here though.  Although it's very clear that set pieces and tactics and the like are not something we waste our time with in training.

Not while Terry Mac has the cards out. :lol:

Big Sam clearly loves big men. He will strain his neck training our lot.

It's actually shocking when at home games you see the difficulty we have in keeping possession for more than a couple of touches after one of our throw-ins. It's worth kicking for the corners against us.

Big Sam clearly loves big men. He will strain his neck training our lot.

Tone lowered. ;)

Guest Gemmill

It's actually shocking when at home games you see the difficulty we have in keeping possession for more than a couple of touches after one of our throw-ins. It's worth kicking for the corners against us.

Aye it's pathetic, has been for years.  I would sooner the opposition had the throw-in and we could concentrate on getting it back off them, than we had it and relinquished possession to them.

5. Roeder has done a decent job of stabilising a team on the slide but imo isn't up to the task of taking the team any further and should the right man be available we should snap him up. Whether Allardyce is that man is open to debate as the last time i looked Allardyce and Bolton had won as much as we have in the last 37 years.

Allardyce has been there 8 years and his net spend is less than what we paid for Babayaro!

What has he ever won?

Phil Neville is a very under rated and versatile team player.

Can and has played right across the back 4 and as a holding player in midfield to very good effect.

Different type of player to Shearer, but still a vital cog in a team.

Arguement about winning stuff is about as manager not as player.

My arguement is that Allardyce is touted as being the right man to appoint to acheive success for us when he hasn't acheived success (in terms of trophies) for anyone else and therefore in that respect has no better credentials than Roeder has.

I remember the lad next to me (not you) once saying to me 'why are we shite at thrurns?" Took me a few moments to realise what he had said  :lol:

What has he ever won?

Can and has played right across the back 4 and as a holding player in midfield to very good effect.

My arguement is that Allardyce is touted as being the right man to appoint to acheive success for us when he hasn't acheived success (in terms of trophies) for anyone else and therefore in that respect has no better credentials than Roeder has.

Quite a blinkered view though don't you think? How long was McLaren manager at Middlesborough? He won more trophies in his stint there than SBR did with us. Allardyce has built Bolton into a very good squad who know how to play against the best teams in the league, have great fitness and training programmes and thanks to him are around European qualification places. All without really spending anything. Roeder has got what? 3 team relegated and hasn't been in his jobs long enough to build anything at all. Just because both haven't won anything its stupid to say that makes them the same!

Souness has a few trophies behind him but I don't see many premiership clubs breaking their backs to get him in.

What has he ever won?

Quite a blinkered view though don't you think? How long was McLaren manager at Middlesborough? He won more trophies in his stint there than SBR did with us. Allardyce has built Bolton into a very good squad who know how to play against the best teams in the league, have great fitness and training programmes and thanks to him are around European qualification places. All without really spending anything. Roeder has got what? 3 team relegated and hasn't been in his jobs long enough to build anything at all. Just because both haven't won anything its stupid to say that makes them the same!

Never said they were both the same, just stating a fact that Allardyce has never won anything and therefore has the same credentials as Roeder who also has never won anything.

Given time and patience to build a team Roeder may prove himself with us (i don't think he'll get time and i don't think he's capable either even if he did) or he may crash and burn, who knows?

Allardyce might come here, be given oodles of cash to spend and waste it on shite and also crash and burn.

I was going to say, if #2 is correct (which I've heard from a few people) you can hardly blame Allardyce for walking away.

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view. it isn't correct.

Guest Gemmill

What has he ever won?

Never said they were both the same, just stating a fact that Allardyce has never won anything and therefore has the same credentials as Roeder who also has never won anything.

That's bollocks really though isn't it?  There are managers all over the country that haven't won anything, but there are still degrees of separation in their respective abilities.  You don't just lump them all in the same category because they haven't won anything.

I was going to say, if #2 is correct (which I've heard from a few people) you can hardly blame Allardyce for walking away.

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view. it isn't correct.

HP?

HP?

saucy  ;D

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view. it isn't correct IMO.

FYP

Guest Gemmill

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view. it isn't correct IMO.

FYP

Don't start editing his posts ffs. :lol:  It caused an international incident last time.

Without wanting to pick a fight or anything, this is one subject you have been consistently adamant about - no ifs, buts, maybes, imo etc. May I ask what you are basing this on? I'm obviously not party to any exclusive information either way, but if you are party to any such information, do you care to share?

What has he ever won?

Given time and patience to build a team Roeder may prove himself with us (i don't think he'll get time and i don't think he's capable either even if he did) or he may crash and burn, who knows?

Allardyce might come here, be given oodles of cash to spend and waste it on shite and also crash and burn.

The few times Bolton have let him have a bit of pocket money he has done very well imo.

Without wanting to pick a fight or anything, this is one subject you have been consistently adamant about - no ifs, buts, maybes, imo etc. May I ask what you are basing this on? I'm obviously not party to any exclusive information either way, but if you are party to any such information, do you care to share?

The source i heard this rumour from originally said it came from Phil brown who was Allardyces assistant at the time at Bolton.

Not saying i know either way but it seems unlikely. When FS was appointing floor managers or middle managers in his non-football business am sure he wouldnt have got the employees in to do the interview. Makes no sense. That doesnt mean it isnt possible just unlikely imo.