Roeder Resigns (paid off tbh) - Official.

Nate

Guest nufc 4 life

i won't believe anything until is confirmed on the official site

agreed

Guest TheOrder

i won't believe anything until is confirmed on the official site

Thats rich coming from you.

Did Freddie say if he got this wrong he would go ?

I think maybe FS said that if you resign because you can`t take the pressure it wouldn`t look as if he had made the wrong choice and therefore have to resign himself to stay true to his word.

I don't think he said that, I think he said it was his most important decision as chairman.

Guest Christian Hayne

i really saulte glenn if this is true, he is a truly nice man, and its a shame he wasn't the right man for the job.. good luck glenn for the future!!!

Guest nufc 4 life

Sky Sports News understands that Glenn Roeder has resigned from his position as Newcastle manager with immediate effect.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd called an emergency meeting on Sunday to discuss the club's disappointing season, as talk of Roeder's possible exit intensified.

In the aftermath of the meeting, sources close to the club have informed Sky Sports News that Roeder has indeed handed in his notice.

A 2-0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers at St James' Park on Sunday was greeted by a crescendo of boos and calls for Roeder's head, as a disgruntled home crowd made their feelings clear.

Newcastle have been hampered all season by a succession of injuries to key men, most noticeably Michael Owen, but their 13th place in the Premiership has clearly not sat well with the club's board.

Sam Allardyce's recent departure from Bolton will do nothing to quell talk of the reasons behind Roeder's exit, given the fact that Shepherd has in the past been open in his admiration for the former Wanderers chief.

Newcastle have yet to make any official comment with regards Roeder's future

Did Freddie say if he got this wrong he would go ?

I think maybe FS said that if you resign because you can`t take the pressure it wouldn`t look as if he had made the wrong choice and therefore have to resign himself to stay true to his word.

I don't think he said that, I think he said it was his most important decision as chairman.

Someone else said they'd have had enough of Freddie though if Roeder failed.

I wish him luck for the future - a genuine fella who did a good job at the end of last season, but it was a bridge too far ultimately.

On the otherhand - I hope the likes of Bramble, Carr, Dyer follow him out of the club. It was his continued faith in these players that ultimately led to his downfall in part. C**ts the lot of them.  :rant:

Someone else said they'd have had enough of Freddie though if Roeder failed.

Don't hold your breath while waiting for confirmation, I'm sure somebody will have edited his post, bastard mod's.