Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

To be fair to Oliver, and it's not in my nature to be fair to the xenophobic wanker, a number of the nationals, particularly the Times iirc, were saying Sidwell to NUFC was signed and sealed a long time before he was.

don't you fucking dare defend him.

I dont want rational thoughts MATE, I want Oliver bashing. Now Fix That Post. NOW.

Ballack

Lampard

Mikel

Essien

Makelele

Diarra

Sidwell

6 players fighting for 3 positions. On paper, that completes Jose's target of 2 players for every position.

Honestly think this move has been done with a view to shipping him out a season or two later for a decent profit. The theory being that that way, both the player and Chelsea end up winners:

- Sidwell gets a few winners medals that he probably wouldnt get elsewhere so something nice for him to look at when he retires. Probably an England callup in a useless friendly because he plays for one of the big boys now. Gets good coaching so will improve slightly, gets to look good in the odd games he gets selected. Will no doubt recieve a nice wage and large signing on fee, which sets him up nicely when it comes to negotiating his wage at the next club.

- Chelsea get decent backup for a season or two, sign a domestic player which is always popular with the fans and another step away from the Arsenal style all-foreign-eleven, get to make a nice profit as his value will probably slightly inflate when as mentioned he gets the odd runout for England, or gets to look good in the odd games he plays (or even better, if he gets a run in the side).

Or maybe he is seriously going to get a realistic shot at first team football there. Ballack to be sold, Essien to be played as a right back, etc etc.

If he is farmed out on loan the FA really need to start doing somehting about Chelski, it stinks ofd buying players just to stop other clubs gettign them, Sidwell must just be another greedy player because surley he knows he is never going to break into that first team..

Guest teepee

maybe sam wasn't interested.... i think he might be looking for a bigger player, someone very good in the air, someone in the gary speed mould.

I cannot see how he will get many games at Chelsea next season. They already have an overload of midfielders, but saying that Ballack and Lampard may move on and Makelele(Sp?) is getting on a bit. If they all stay though then I see him behind all except possibly Diarra!

I suppose it is possible he could have been signed to cover missing personnel during the ANC but that's once every 2 years.  I thinks he's made a big mistake putting Chelsea infront of a club that would offer regular first team football. 

Chelsea may pay him more but he wouldn't be poor irrespective of where he went.

can't blame him for signing for Chelsea.. he probably wants to live the high life

True, I can imagine how much a struggle life would be on the £25k a week Reading were offering :lol:

If they get rid of all these players (Lampard, Ballack, Makelele etc..) do people honestly think Sidwell will be their replacement? :lol:

I found the Makelele replacement theory particularly amusing - one of the truly great defensive midfielders in the EPL to be replaced by... Sidwell?

If they get rid of all these players (Lampard, Ballack, Makelele etc..) do people honestly think Sidwell will be their replacement? :lol:

I found the Makelele replacement theory particularly amusing - one of the truly great defensive midfielders in the EPL to be replaced by... Sidwell?

Or Lampard, an attacking midfielder who gets around 20 goals a season :lol: