Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

Just thinking:

If he were going to Chelsea and was undergoing a medical wouldn't everybody just say so?

If he were going to a plc then wouldn't that have to be announced to the SE first hence preventing Coppell from naming the club?

What would stop Coppell from naming the club?

He never says anything interesting. But that goes for most managers, tbh.

Guest fraser

If the acquisition were by a plc club, would the acquisition have to be announced by the plc club to the stock exchange first? If so that may preclude disclosure by Coppell.

Just thinking:

If he were going to Chelsea and was undergoing a medical wouldn't everybody just say so?

If he were going to a plc then wouldn't that have to be announced to the SE first hence preventing Coppell from naming the club?

Maybe it's somewhere unpronouncable like ŠK Aqua Turčianske Teplice.

Just thinking:

Maybe it's somewhere unpronouncable like ŠK Aqua Turčianske Teplice.

:laugh:

Guest sicko2ndbest

It says on the bbc that the transfer window opens on the last day of the season. Is this today or next Saturday?

If the acquisition were by a plc club, would the acquisition have to be announced by the plc club to the stock exchange first? If so that may preclude disclosure by Coppell.

Of course not, Coppell has no responsibility at all to any club talking to Sidwell.  Especially considering the fact his club won't even be involved in the transfer (sidwell will be a free agent).

Guest fraser

Of course not, Coppell has no responsibility at all to any club talking to Sidwell.  Especially considering the fact his club won't even be involved in the transfer (sidwell will be a free agent).

Nonetheless:

'"Steve has gone. I know exactly where he has gone to but I'm not allowed to say," said Coppell. '

It'll come out in the wash I suppose.

Guest posadageordie

Not good enough, regardless of who the manager is.

So shit he's going to Chelsea.

Will end up at Newcastle I tell thee ...

Didn't you say a joint press conference today? ;)

Couldn't fit the lad in the helicopter with Big Sam that's all. Will happen soon enough.

O0

Guest johnson293

More inside info from Anal today...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=we%2Dre-in-need-of-4-or-5-players%26method=full%26objectid=19112686%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Allardyce plans to talk to Reading's out-of-contract midfielder Steve Sidwell in the next couple of days.

But my information is that Sidwell, who told United he would be joining them, will now make a £50,000 a week switch to Chelsea.

Worst kept secret in football, and all that?????

More inside info from Anal today...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=we%2Dre-in-need-of-4-or-5-players%26method=full%26objectid=19112686%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Allardyce plans to talk to Reading's out-of-contract midfielder Steve Sidwell in the next couple of days.

But my information is that Sidwell, who told United he would be joining them, will now make a £50,000 a week switch to Chelsea.

Worst kept secret in football, and all that?????

Hilarious how he says 'my information is...', aye, you and the rest of the country Alan  :cheesy:

Guest SwissMagpie

Tomorrow he will say :"but the information of Sidwell coming to Newcastle are wide of the mark/pie in the sky"

For the 1 millionth time he will end up at Newcastle I tell thee ...

Sidwell is no fool. If he was ready to come here ahead of Chelsea while Roeder was in charge, there is no way in hell he will not come here if Sam shows him that he wants him and will have a first team place for him.

Sidwell to Newcastle is nailed on in my opinion.

Guest johnson293

Sidwell is no fool. If he was ready to come here ahead of Chelsea while Roeder was in charge, there is no way in hell he will not come here if Sam shows him that he wants him and will have a first team place for him.

Well if that true, its all the more reason to get shot of Parker, in my opinion - if indeed the bid and figures being bandied about from West Ham are anywhere near accurate.

Butt has shown more captain like qualities this season, and this week than Parker has done.... And its clear they can't play together.

Suppose we'll see what occurs!

Well if that true, its all the more reason to get shot of Parker, in my opinion - if indeed the bid and figures being bandied about from West Ham are anywhere near accurate.

Butt has shown more captain like qualities this season, and this week than Parker has done.... And its clear they can't play together.

Suppose we'll see what occurs!

Good point about Butt this week.

Isn't it amazing how quiet Parker has been since the season ended and even to some extent Shay Given.

With all that's gone on, only Butt and Harper have stood up and said something about it all.

Rather dissapointing really ...

Guest Knightrider

I haven't a clue what is happening with Sidwell but a move to Chelsea does seem rather odd, this is a player who left the Gunners willingly because he considered his chances of making it there, despite an obvious belief in his own ability, limited indeed. He could be moving for cash reasons if he is in fact heading to Stamford Bridge but he doesn't come across as someone motivated by money from what I can gather. Who knows...

according to Reading local paper Chelsea offered him a 4 year deal but he only wants a 2 year one.Now in Las Vegas and will wait until he comes back before making a decision.

HTT-Sorry but most Reading fans think it is a money thing-He does have a wife and child to consider.