Big thanks to Newcastle fans. Signed: Glenn Roeder

Guest SLK

Guest SLK

Glenn Roeder has admitted recent results were not good enough at Newcastle United prior to his resignation on Sunday.

Roeder called time on his Magpies tenure last weekend after their fifth consecutive home Premiership game without scoring resulted in a 2-0 loss to Blackburn.

The former West Ham boss was desperate to bring success to the North East outfit and has now expressed his gratitude to Newcastle fans following his departure.

"Our fans didn't deserve the results we had," he told the Daily Mirror. "They are the best fans in the country and I wanted to bring success.

"I'm a huge Newcastle fan. I would like to have been the person to oversee the changes so urgently required.

"I wish the new manager the best, but most importantly, I want to convey my sincere thanks and affection to all Newcastle fans.

"They have always been an inspiration to me both during my playing and managerial career. It was a great honour to be their manager."

Thanks Glenn...You did your best and I'm proud of what you achieved last season for us...Thanks again and good luck...No hard feelings...

Guest elbee909

Glenn Roeder has admitted recent results were not good enough at Newcastle United prior to his resignation on Sunday.

Roeder called time on his Magpies tenure last weekend after their fifth consecutive home Premiership game without scoring resulted in a 2-0 loss to Blackburn.

The former West Ham boss was desperate to bring success to the North East outfit and has now expressed his gratitude to Newcastle fans following his departure.

"Our fans didn't deserve the results we had," he told the Daily Mirror. "They are the best fans in the country and I wanted to bring success.

"I'm a huge Newcastle fan. I would like to have been the person to oversee the changes so urgently required.

"I wish the new manager the best, but most importantly, I want to convey my sincere thanks and affection to all Newcastle fans.

"They have always been an inspiration to me both during my playing and managerial career. It was a great honour to be their manager."

Thanks Glenn...You did your best and I'm proud of what you achieved last season for us...Thanks again and good luck...No hard feelings...

I'm sure when he reads this thread he'll feel a lot better.

Ho took on a thankless task that no fker else wanted, to be then shat on by our underfire Chairman, credit to you Gloenn for taking it on in the first place!!

We need to start a "Roeder back to the Academy" campaign

Cunt was blaming us for a defeat a few games ago.

Ho took on a thankless task that no fker else wanted, to be then shat on by our underfire Chairman, credit to you Gloenn for taking it on in the first place!!

We very much do not.

nobody cares anymore

And Roeder never said anything like:I did alot of mistakes during my time as a manager or something like this

He was blaming everyone except himself

nice gesture - and i really think he means it

I can't believe that nice guy routine still works on some people. I think he's trying to come off as a nice guy - like Crumpy Gunt says, he was blaming us for a defeat a few games ago.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out Glenn...

Guest TheOrder

so he was making the previous stuff up? Either way, he's full of shite at some point.

Get to fuck, Roeder,you cretin.

Says the grumpy bloke from an internet forum :(

Too nice to be a manager imo.Obviously not respected by players,he was fine when he had no choice in ter,s of team selection but was awful when he did.The softly softly approach in direct contrast to Souness' rod of iron eventually was his downfall.Think that he genuinely does love NUFC though and hope he succeeds in whatever he does now.

so he was making the previous stuff up? Either way, he's full of shite at some point.

Get to fuck, Roeder,you cretin.

Says the grumpy bloke from an internet forum :(

And?

Woudl you rather i perpetuated an absolute myth about him being a nice fella, and that he did his best?

Dont be so stupid.

Guest justin99.

Too nice to be a manager imo.Obviously not respected by players,he was fine when he had no choice in ter,s of team selection but was awful when he did.The softly softly approach in direct contrast to Souness' rod of iron eventually was his downfall.Think that he genuinely does love NUFC though and hope he succeeds in whatever he does now.

Top Post

Guest yoshi

so he was making the previous stuff up? Either way, he's full of s**** at some point.

Get to f***, Roeder,you cretin.

He's crap a manager but I don't doubt his sincerity towards the club. Give him a break. You got what you want, he's no longer manager, so is it too hard for you to just be bit more gracious?

Still, it's the club's loss - thought he was doing a fine job at the Academy. Shepherd should have appointed a proper manager right from the start, rather than taking the risk with Roeder.