Berbatov to Man Ure

Skirge

Guest Ridzuan

Jol just said that Berbatov is happy at Spurs.Nevertheless,it wouldnt surprise me if Man Utd still make a bid for him in the summer,but I doubt any move will happen.

I would like this to happen. Spurs would be £30m better off though, which is a pity...

I wouldn't. I like Berbatov and wouldn't like to have to change my opinion to that he's shite just cos...you know. Its the rules. :uglystupid2:

I'd like to see him play for Barcelona.

I don't think he's the kind of player they need actually, they already have Rooney playing a pretty similar role. With what looks like Saha's departure they are more in need of a player who plays more up top like Huntelaar to latch onto things. The again Man Utd are blessed with goals from all over the park so you never know.

I would like this to happen. Spurs would be £30m better off though, which is a pity...

Jol has been quick to ocme out and say how happy Berbatov is at Spuds and he wnats to stay.

Fergie is meant to be after three new players but the three targets are beleived to be Berbatov, Sidwell and Bale.

With 30m Spurs will buy alot of players :weep:

Hopefully they'll take Dyer off our hands then!

Dyer & Duff for £7m each, maybe Parker as well for £9m or even Owen for £15m.

After which, £27.5m will buy a lot of players!

Better the money come to us than us paying Dyer tbh ;D

After which, £27.5m will buy a lot of players!

Better the money come to us than us paying Dyer tbh ;D

totally agree, but those who think we'll get any more for Dyer have never watched him, or any actually talented players, for the past 8 years.

Jol has been quick to ocme out and say how happy Berbatov is at Spuds and he wnats to stay.

Fergie is meant to be after three new players but the three targets are beleived to be Berbatov, Sidwell and Bale.

Surely its Hargreaves and not Sidwell.

Surely its Hargreaves and not Sidwell.

Not after Byern have whacked a £20mill price tag on him..

Berbatov, Hargreaves and Pedersen

Berbatov will go nowhere this summer, there is no pressure to sell as there was with Carrick.

Next summer?  Depends on how Spurs perform, whether Berba signs a new contract etc.  I wouldn't rule it out next summer but not this. 

Guest teepee

i dont think he is leaving either.

but imagine berbatov with rooney playing off him and ronaldo and giggs raiding the flanks - fuckiing hell

Berbatov will go nowhere this summer, there is no pressure to sell as there was with Carrick.

Next summer?  Depends on how Spurs perform, whether Berba signs a new contract etc.  I wouldn't rule it out next summer but not this. 

I dunno, any player can move for the right price.  You honestly wouldn't bite for $30mil? 

See your point, though.  No pressure on Spurs to sell. 

Aye, imagine this.

Van Der Saar

Neville        Ferdinand        Vidic          Heinze

Hargreaves

Carrick

Ronaldo                                            Pedersen

Rooney

Berbatov

Rotating Scholes, Giggs and Smith between them. Pretty awesome to be fair. I understand Scholes and Giggs have been awesome but Fergi will be looking long term now.

Guest Triglett

I don't think the club will sell, and more importantly, Berbatov doesn't want to leave. He's a modest player from a modest background, and money really doesn't seem to be a motivating factor for him. Neither is playing in the Champions League. I also think it's important to note that he stayed loyal to Leverkusen years after their obvious decline in the Bundesliga, while he says he rejected a late offer from United because he'd already committed to Spurs and was impressed by our perseverance to get him...speaks volumes about his character.

I also can't see Utd splashing out something like £30m on one player. Especially if they're squabbling over a £2-3m difference in their valuation of Hargreaves.

I dunno, any player can move for the right price.  You honestly wouldn't bite for $30mil? 

I said in a previous thread that Levy wouldn't sell less than £30m, probably not go for £35m either.  Not that he's worth that, I reckon around £22m currently, but it sends out all the wrong signals if we did sell, selling club, no ambition etc.  Carrick had only 2 years left and wanted to go, Berba (with options to extend) has 4 and says he's happy at the present time. 

If we started to go backwards, he would be gone soon enough.

I don't think the club will sell, and more importantly, Berbatov doesn't want to leave. He's a modest player from a modest background, and money really doesn't seem to be a motivating factor for him. Neither is playing in the Champions League. I also think it's important to note that he stayed loyal to Leverkusen years after their obvious decline in the Bundesliga, while he says he rejected a late offer from United because he'd already committed to Spurs and was impressed by our perseverance to get him...speaks volumes about his character.

I also can't see Utd splashing out something like £30m on one player. Especially if they're squabbling over a £2-3m difference in their valuation of Hargreaves.

Agree with most of what you said, but the bit in bold is reaching a bit far.  A player of his caliber should aspire to be playing regular CL football. 

I said in a previous thread that Levy wouldn't sell less than £30m, probably not go for £35m either.  Not that he's worth that, I reckon around £22m currently, but it sends out all the wrong signals if we did sell, selling club, no ambition etc.  Carrick had only 2 years left and wanted to go, Berba (with options to extend) has 4 and says he's happy at the present time. 

If we started to go backwards, he would be gone soon enough.

You could buy a couple of players called ambition with 30mil in the bank.  Hard to be labeled a selling club when you'd use the money to buy other quality players.  You're hardly a club like Wigan.