Albert Luque (now retired)

James

http://english.ajax.nl/upload/915688_657_1188746514864-Ajax_-_Gron_Luque_.jpg

Albert Luque looked back with mixed feelings on his debut. ,,I enjoyed the stadion and the atmosphere, but I am not pleased with my performance. I have to get in better shape."

He started on the left in the 2-2 draw with FC Groningen. (I think this pretty much confirms the transfer!)

Albert Luque looked back with mixed feelings on his debut. ,,I enjoyed the stadion and the atmosphere, but I am not pleased with my performance. I have to get in better shape."

No doubt he'll start for Ajax the same way he's played for us on the occasional and fleeting apearances he gotten in our team.  But who wants to bet that once he's had 3 or 4 consectutive games at Ajax he won't start to look like the player he was before he came here?

No doubt he'll start for Ajax the same way he's played for us on the occasional and fleeting apearances he gotten in our team.  But who wants to bet that once he's had 3 or 4 consectutive games at Ajax he won't start to look like the player he was before he came here?

I'd be surprised if more than 1% of this forum knew what Luque was like before he came here.

Personally, he never caught my eye and I never heard anyone raving on about him. Ever. I'd bet a lot of people will say the same as well.

I'd be surprised if more than 1% of this forum knew what Luque was like before he came here.

Personally, he never caught my eye and I never heard anyone raving on about him. Ever. I'd bet a lot of people will say the same as well.

Yeah I'm sure most people here saw little Spanish Football and didn't know much if anything about Luque before he came here.  I'm no expert either, when I said "start to look like the player he was before he came here" I simply meant he'll look like a good player again.

Yeah I'm sure most people here saw little Spanish Football and didn't know much if anything about Luque before he came here.  I'm no expert either, when I said "start to look like the player he was before he came here" I simply meant he'll look like a good player again.

Whatever :lol: you obviously don't watch must Champions League either then.

Fucking hell man, it's late.

You said "who wants to bet that once he's had 3 or 4 consectutive games at Ajax he won't start to look like the player he was before he came here?" about Luque and then said that you're not an expert on him pre-NUFC either, much like myself.

My point is this: how can we compare him to the "player he was" when barely any of us had seen much/any of him before 2005?

Was he ever that great for Deportivo? He certainly wasn't an invaluable player for them, as his appearance record shows, if anything he was possibly their less-effective version of Laurent Robert who scored a few raspers for them and an important goal or two, but was quite probably as infuriating as fuck the rest of the time and offered little/nowt from open play.

From what I remember he has a goal ratio 1 in 4 or something throughout his career, which would be mocked for most other strikers/forwards.

Don't believe the hype, basically.

I beg to differ :razz:

About what?, that he'll look like a good player again given games?  I'm glad you disagree, makes it interesting to wait and see what happens :)

Changing your post. Not cool.

You beg to differ about what?  Be more specific, I don't know, janitors are always lazy bastards :D