Albert Luque (now retired)

James

You must be at least a little bit worked up considering the post above has gone through about 10 edits getting slightly nicer each time :D

Seriously though I think what threw me off was that your earlier reply (651) seemed to completely ignore the post it was apparently disagreeing with..  I was expecting a short reply about why you disagreed with my opinion that Luque would turn into a good player for Ajax.  Instead i got a post disagreeing with something in the post before the post you'd said you disagreed with :frantic:  So yes I understand the point, I always did, which is why I clarified what I meant a page ago.

Do you really not understand why I was editing my post so much, or are you taking the Michael? :laugh:

I was making a point re: editing posts and how it affects people replies.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You must be at least a little bit worked up considering the post above has gone through about 10 edits getting slightly nicer each time :D

Seriously though I think what threw me off was that your earlier reply (651) seemed to completely ignore the post it was apparently disagreeing with..  I was expecting a short reply about why you disagreed with my opinion that Luque would turn into a good player for Ajax.  Instead i got a post disagreeing with something in the post before the post you'd said you disagreed with :frantic:  So yes I understand the point, I always did, which is why I clarified what I meant a page ago.

Do you really not understand why I was editing my post so much, or are you taking the Michael? :laugh:

I was making a point re: editing posts and how it affects people replies.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If that was the case you did a terrible job of it.  To change someone's reply you'd have to actually change the point of your post.  Rather then modifying each phrase a bit so it says exactly the same thing but in a slightly different way..

But surely the post altering DID make you give a different reply?

Because you must have commented before seeing this bit:

(Right I'm finished editing the post now as it's DEAD LATE and I feel I'm flogging a dead walrus.)

Or, you're just a dumpling and you missed the point completely. Either way suits me fine. Game, set and match. Ithangyou.

(Right I'm finished editing the post now as it's DEAD LATE and I feel I'm flogging a dead walrus.)

Or, you're just a dumpling and you missed the point completely. Either way suits me fine. Game, set and match. Ithangyou.

get a room, you two. Then you can naked-wrestle properly.

Now THAT'S hypocrisy ;D

Surely this is more interesting than talking about Albert Luque!?

Now THAT'S hypocrisy ;D

Surely this is more interesting than talking about Albert Luque!?

anything is more interesting than that wanker, but editing posts? Surely you can do better than that.

Editing my own posts, not other people's, just in case there's any confusion.

I'd never dream of doing an "NE5" on someone.

Anyway, this tangent is getting very steep... we need someone to come and tell us that Luque will be fantastic at Ajax and that he was dreadfully mishandled here by all and sundry to relight the fire... or we need to wait until after the international break and hope for a Luque hat-trick in his next match to REALLY kick things off.

Anyway, this tangent is getting very steep... we need someone to come and tell us that Luque will be fantastic at Ajax and that he was dreadfully mishandled here by all and sundry to relight the fire... or we need to wait until after the international break and hope for a Luque hat-trick in his next match to REALLY kick things off.

Luque is the worlds best striker/winger/left player in a 433/bio-chemical scientific pioneer EVER. Fact.

Luque is the worlds best striker/winger/left player in a 433/bio-chemical scientific pioneer EVER. Fact.

Haddaway and shite, man. That's blatantly Laurent Robert.

Haddaway and shite, man. That's blatantly Laurent Robert.

I thought Robert was a waste of space/lazy cunt/kicker of puppies in their eyes???

Or was that Bellamy? Oh, i get all confused.

There's nothing in that sentence that should have changed my post Mr Janitor..  Anyway I agree with Northern Monkey, it would have been nice if my original posts could just have been taken for what they were.  Then we could be discussing wether the Luqinator will be good or s*** for Ajax, which is slightly less sad then the current discussion.

There's nothing in that sentence that should have changed my post Mr Janitor..  Anyway I agree with Northern Monkey, it would have been nice if my original posts could just have been taken for what they were.  Then we could be discussing wether the Luqinator will be good or s*** for Ajax, which is slightly less sad then the current discussion.

Agreed. Let's roll!

I hope Luque is fucking mint for Ajax as I have nowt against the bloke personally and it should provide some good craic on here if he is. I blame Souness and Roeder, personally.

Agreed. Let's roll!

I hope Luque is fucking mint for Ajax as I have nowt against the bloke personally and it should provide some good craic on here if he is. I blame Souness and Roeder, personally.

Luque never got the 400 consecutive games he needed to prove himself. tbh.

• 5 months later...

8 million euros!

Bench-Boy Luque Hits Out At Koster

Although Ajax splashed out no less than 8 million euros only last August to snatch Albert Luque from Newcastle United, the Spanish international has spent most of his time since on the bench. And he doesn’t like it one bit.

“I think that the coach has not given me a reason why I should not be playing for so long,” complained the 29-year-old forward to Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant. 

Tunnel brawl

The former Mallorca and Deportivo de La Coruña man has featured in 20 matches and scored four goals in the famous red and white shirt, but he played the full 90 minutes in only four of those games.

A groin injury and especially a tunnel bust-up with teammate Luis Suárez on November 11, during the 2-2 “Klassieker” at Feyenoord have been two of the reasons why.

“I’ve been a fringe player since the team lost for the first time with me in the starting XI (3-1 at home against Breda, on December 2). I’ve been sitting on the bench for the best part of the last two months and I only play briefly.” Luque went on.

It was indeed after that surprise defeat that Adrie Koster decided that the Spaniard and Suárez would not take the field together, because that would make Ajax too vulnerable at the back.

Unjustified decision

“Koster never told my anything. Our relationship is purely one of player and coach. I’ve been doing my best, I can’t do anything more. The coach decides," he continued.

"Should he find it necessary to give me an explanation, that would be OK. I’ve played out wide on the left for Deportivo in the UEFA Champions League, I’ve played behind the front two for Spain in a World Cup (in 2002) and I’m also capable of playing on the right or even as a centre-forward. I believe I can help my team in many ways.” 

“I think that his decision to drop me is wrong. I’ll try to grab any chance that comes my way to make it back into the team. I’ll fight back and I want to cause no problems to the squad. I’m not that kind of guy. After all, I have a contract until mid-2010.” Luque told PZC. 

Taking no responsability himself I see. The lad doesn't help himself does he.  8 milion euros seems a decent deal considering how shite he was for us. He was one of those players that would never work for us for whatever reason a bit like John Dahl but in reverse.