Albert Luque (now retired)

James

NEWCASTLE have escaped a £1.6 million bill – after a Spanish judge ordered Deportivo La Coruna to pay the money to Albert Luque.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/2008/02/17/toon-s-luq-holds-over-1-6m-bill-50081-20485388/

fkin  greedy ba$tard. I`m happy that we dont have to pay it but I feel a bit sorry for Deportivo. They`re in a bad financial way and ave been struggling badly in the Spanish league in recent seasons.His contract surely must stipulate who had to pay...? Hope he continues to rot in the Ajax reserves

• 1 month later...
Guest Deep456

Whenever I see Luque on youtube sends a shiver down me. The problem was Newcastle and not the player. He would have become the world's bset player if he did not get the injury at the start of his Newcastle career.

Whenever I see Luque on youtube sends a shiver down me. The problem was Newcastle and not the player. He would have become the world's bset player if he did not get the injury at the start of his Newcastle career.

You really know nothing

Guest shearer_united

There was more to it than injury.

There was also a reason why he was rarely a starter. Its about other things that happened including during training and most probably due to his personality(arriving late to training, not playing well during training, etc) and having a bad relationship with the managers.

I agree, its brought a tear to my eye every night for many months. This guy IS the best in the world, he just hasnt shown it yet, and he was massively underpaid at NUFC.

I agree, its brought a tear to my eye every night for many months. This guy IS the best in the world, he just hasnt shown it yet, and he was massively underpaid at NUFC.

I agree, he makes ronaldo look crap to be honest

Underpaid and overworked iyam

Guest Deep456

The thing is your all basing your opinion on his Newcastle career where he was overlooked, got nasty injuries and simply had problems coming to terms with the way he got treated by managers. If any of you had watched him during his time at depor, you would of realised he was very similar to "Torres (in terms of technique)" at the time. Even on his debut vs Man.United he was fucking class. After he had his injury, he lost 2/3 yards of pace and simply wasn't good enough but he never got given a chance.

I'm sorry like, he was NOT 'fucking class' on his debut against Man Utd. He did ok and missed a sitter near the end. And that's what I thought at the time too, rather than something based on what happened afterwards. I accept he had some bad luck with injuries and so on in his time here but he didn't help himself either.