Barton on his way to Toon?

stozo

Emre going?  Or you hope he is?  Why?

his disappearing act when we're against big clubs or losing?

the lack of actual end product?

Never/very rarely used properly in his time here. Could be so good for us and i really hope Sam gets the best out of him.

let me guess, you used to watch a lot of Italian league and Turkish internaitonal football, so you know just how fantastic he is.

:lol: :lol:

Erm, no mate. I've watched Emre the Newcastle United player for the past two seasons, and have managed to pick up that he is far better for us, and on the whole far more effective, when played in an advanced position - somewhere where he simply hasn't played enough. Rather than deep central mid or out on the left.

Hope that answers your query.

so you've seen him go missing agianst the big clubs, and when we were losing. And thats whose fault exactly?

Why are there so many Emre bashers about? In fact why are there people so willing to see the back of so many players, i.e Parker, Emre, Martins etc. Has anyone heard of squad building??

you build on strength, not medicority/weaknesses/potential.

So why would you not want them in your squad?? Which one of those 3 players that i have mentioned is mediocre?

parker.

You think parker is mediocre?? Now, i agree that he isn't the best of players, and has hada poor season, but to call him mediocre seems a tad OTT, its clear hes a good player, how he fits into te first team am sure would have a lot of bearing on his performances. The only type of players i would want to see leave would be the bad ones, the ones causing all the discontent, the ones who aren;t commited and the ones who aren't actually good players. But parkers is a good solid player to have.

Never/very rarely used properly in his time here. Could be so good for us and i really hope Sam gets the best out of him.

let me guess, you used to watch a lot of Italian league and Turkish internaitonal football, so you know just how fantastic he is.

Erm, no mate. I've watched Emre the Newcastle United player for the past two seasons, and have managed to pick up that he is far better for us, and on the whole far more effective, when played in an advanced position - somewhere where he simply hasn't played enough. Rather than deep central mid or out on the left.

so you've seen him go missing agianst the big clubs, and when we were losing. And thats whose fault exactly?

To say he 'goes missing' isn't really a very good observation, if he isn't in the game already. Which he very rarely was when Roeder played him - largely down to how he was utilised and the tactics used. Emre needs to be in a flowing, attacking, passing team, with him being in an advanced position penetrating the defense - not deep in a long, defensive team.

Why are there so many Emre bashers about? In fact why are there people so willing to see the back of so many players, i.e Parker, Emre, Martins etc. Has anyone heard of squad building??

So why would you not want them in your squad?? Which one of those 3 players that i have mentioned is mediocre?

parker.

You think parker is mediocre?? Now, i agree that he isn't the best of players, and has hada poor season, but to call him mediocre seems a tad OTT, its clear hes a good player, how he fits into te first team am sure would have a lot of bearing on his performances. The only type of players i would want to see leave would be the bad ones, the ones causing all the discontent, the ones who aren;t commited and the ones who aren't actually good players. But parkers is a good solid player to have.

in your opinion. from what i've seen, we could do without him.

To say he 'goes missing' isn't really a very good observation, if he isn't in the game already. Which he very rarely was when Roeder played him - largely down to how he was utilised and the tactics used. Emre needs to be in a flowing, attacking, passing team, with him being in an advanced position penetrating the defense - not deep in a long, defensive team.

so, surprisingly, its not his fault. he shouldn't have any responsibility to get into the game, or anything else. and th away games that he's never even seemed arsed?

oh, and if you accept he has not been involved, to the point of it not being his fault he has not turned up against the big teams, how can you claim to have seen enough since he's been with us to know what a great player he is??

Agreed, emre needs to play in the oppositions half, hes the type of player who dinks through balls from 20 yards out etc. He needs to be playing in a team that can be relenltess when applying pressure on a oppositiontemas defence.

parker.

in your opinion. from what i've seen, we could do without him.

Well, then who exactly would you want outside the first 11, i think your missing the point.

Parker = great squad player,

Parker= 'good' first team player. 

Second one is down to opinion.

To be honest, if i knew that my 1st team had the frst team talents to force Parker to the Bench or less, then that would be a measure of improvement to a squad. To say you rate him that poorly, that you would rather we get rid than accumalte, despite being aware of what he is capable of seems...well odd.

so, surprisingly, its not his fault. he shouldn't have any responsibility to get into the game, or anything else. and th away games that he's never even seemed arsed?

oh, and if you accept he has not been involved, to the point of it not being his fault he has not turned up against the big teams, how can you claim to have seen enough since he's been with us to know what a great player he is??

I wasn't freeing Emre of all the blame, but in my opinion - from what i've seen of him - he was another good player in our squad victim of Roeder's poor systems.

Unfortunately you're just cynical and think everyone's shit, anyway.

Answer me this, of all those game you saw us play against the big teams, was there a single attacking minded player who actually did shine out to you? Cos if it was the defenie minded players that seemed to have the better perfomrance, wouldn't that of been a relection of the game, i.e constantly defendng.  Surely that isn't what emr is good at??

Guest MaetihS

Answer me this, of all those game you saw us play against the big teams, was there a single attacking minded player who actually did shine out to you? Cos if it was the defenie minded players that seemed to have the better perfomrance, wouldn't that of been a relection of the game, i.e constantly defendng.  Surely that isn't what emr is good at??

If you base on this notion, we should get rid of Milner, Oba and all the attacking players as they are pretty much shit against the big teams.  Dun think Emre is the best player in the league or wat, but he is definitely one of our better players. thought he played as well as all other players against the big teams; as good or as shit is up to you but he is as good as the rest of the underperforming team. 

Answer me this, of all those game you saw us play against the big teams, was there a single attacking minded player who actually did shine out to you? Cos if it was the defenie minded players that seemed to have the better perfomrance, wouldn't that of been a relection of the game, i.e constantly defendng.  Surely that isn't what emr is good at??

Correct, Emre isn't any good at defending at all.

From reading stuff written by people who go to away games it seems he's no good at anything in away games and only does something in home games. Generally that is. Perhaps geordiesned will pipe up here since he goes to away games? Or anyone else? If this is true, then ultiimately Emre needs to go as well but I'd shift Parker first because he's just a liability and a big lead weight around how the team plays.

BTW the only midfield/attacker we have who can defend at all is Butt and there are some on here who wouldn't even select him. :)

Would like Viduka, don't fancy Barton though!

Why not? He's the nice guy of the family man  :lol:

He's just bashes kids and puts cigars out in trainee's eyes, its not as if he's a racist axe murderer or owt man  :lol:

Sadly, but supporters of clubs that actually win things will tell you this is irrelevant.

Carry on your moral crusade instead as long as you like.

Name me all the players in the Manchester United or Chelsea team that have been beating the shit out of their team mates over the past few years.

Name me all the players in the Manchester United or Chelsea team that have been beating the s*** out of their team mates over the past few years.

What makes me laugh is that according to some people, N'Zogbia should be hung from the Tyne Bridge for texting yet others want Barton at the club. :idiot2:

Emre might not be the best, but he's the best AM (only one) we've got. If he is to go then we'll need at least two replacements as its pointless having Owen/Martins/tbc upfront if you don't have someone who can supply the ball to them where they want/need it. The goals for total last season shows this.

Answer me this, of all those game you saw us play against the big teams, was there a single attacking minded player who actually did shine out to you? Cos if it was the defenie minded players that seemed to have the better perfomrance, wouldn't that of been a relection of the game, i.e constantly defendng.  Surely that isn't what emr is good at??

From reading stuff written by people who go to away games it seems he's no good at anything in away games and only does something in home games. Generally that is. Perhaps geordiesned will pipe up here since he goes to away games? Or anyone else? If this is true, then ultiimately Emre needs to go as well but I'd shift Parker first because he's just a liability and a big lead weight around how the team plays.

BTW the only midfield/attacker we have who can defend at all is Butt and there are some on here who wouldn't even select him. :)

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Butt's positional play and anticipation is very, very good imo.

And do you think he is the only one in our midfield who can defend?

Parker gets pulled out of position too much for me, chasing the ball everywhere like a park dog. Parker's good at tackling but he should think about what he's doing more. Emre harries but can't tackle. Zog is good at tracking back and intercepting a ball going to his opposite FB.

Essentially, Butt is the only one of the CM's who defends effectively imo.

Butt's positional play and anticipation is very, very good imo.

And do you think he is the only one in our midfield who can defend?

Parker gets pulled out of position too much for me, chasing the ball everywhere like a park dog. Parker's good at tackling but he should think about what he's doing more. Emre harries but can't tackle. Zog is good at tracking back and intercepting a ball going to his opposite FB.

Essentially, Butt is the only one of the CM's who defends effectively imo.

Cant agree.

If that was the case then how are you going to comment on this stats?

Parker has Highest Tackling rate and Highest Tackling Success rate- in the Premiership and at our club

-Nufc Opta Stats-

Tackling  Player  Tackles  Tackle Success rate%       

1  Scott Parker    162      79.0%       

2  Nicky Butt        93        66.7%

Also see this:

Nufc Opta Stats-

Passing  Player  Passes  Pass Success rate %       

1  Scott Parker  1,121      79.0%   

2    Nicky Butt  975              72.7%