Barton on his way to Toon?

stozo

Oh, and one thing Opta doesn't show is the area of the pitch these tackles are made.

The point of this argument is that Butt is not the only midfielder in our team who can defend

So feck off  :razz: :razz:

Parker has Highest Tackling rate and Highest Tackling Success rate- in the Premiership

Back this up with a link.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=256196&lid=1533&clid=&channel=Football+Home&title=Opta+Stats

Indeed, but what do you feel that proves? The stats only show the amount of tackles, not where they were made and the outcome of them (ball going to a team mate, out of play, to opposition etc)

I haven't posted before despite reading this site for 2 or 3 years so please bear with me if this ends up being a bit of a ramble as there have been a few things I have been wanting to say for a while.

I despair with everyone wanting to get rid of all of our players at once.  This rebuilding of the team is going to take some time - it doesn't have to happen within the next 2-3 months.  Allardyce needs to see some of these players in action to make a judgement.

At the moment, we now have a situation where we have only one decent recognised defender - the rest are at best squad players so this must be the priority.  Additionally, we have a problem with the forwards in that Owen is considered likely to go and there are rumours about Martins.  If this happens, we then have a major problem in that area of the team.

At present, the midfield is the least of our problems - we have talented players who are underperforming in that area and I would expect Allardyce to be able to put a better blend together of the players we have available.  I would also expect them to perform to a tactical plan rather than running around like headless chickens (well those than could be bothered to run in the first place).

I like Parker (awaits abuse) and feel he is much maligned.  Yes he can slow up play but IMO, I often see the problem being with the forwards who in the latter part of the season seemed to not make themselves available to receive the ball.  I think a good manager will improve his contribution to the team. 

Emre seemed to me to be a liability for the team during the winter months where he seemd to be on a mission to get sent off in every game - before and after the Everton game and the racism allegations.  I was puzzled at the time with what was going on there and would be interested to see how Allardyce handles his temperament.  But he is again a player who we know can perform (albeit not often enough).

I would be very interested to see how the players we have respond to the new manager and how he improves them and what kind of team he puts together.

If I was a player, I would also be excited about working with this particular manager in view of what his previous players have said about him and of what appears to be very different techniques to what they are used to in improving their fitness and their game.  Parker, Emre and Duff suffer from injuries too often.  (Could he work his magic on Luque or is that a lost cause?).

It was thought that Butt would join Keane down the road but he has said how eager he is to work with Allardyce and that Ferguson really rated him.  In his position, you would think that here is a chance for him to extend his career (a la Speed) and to enjoy a new and challenging training regime that will reinvigorate his whole game.  This could also apply to Solano.  Also with the latter, he has stated on many occasions his desire to go into coaching when he retires and working with Allardyce could be a real education for him.  (Hierro came to Bolton at the end of his career because he wanted to go into coaching and so wanted to learn from Allardyce).

Remember there is the January window when under-performing and unresponsive players can be moved on and often for higher fees than in the close season.  I think that would give the manager and players a fair understanding of what they can expect from each other.

If we have to sell a player or two to create some funds then so be it but we just cannot afford to get rid of everyone in one go.  We were 4-5 short last season as it was, we have just got rid of another 5 and the kids are all supposedly going on loan next year.  As it is at the moment, I reckon that barely leaves us with enough players for a 16  for a game.  I would like us to start adding players before we get rid because otherwise teams will see we are desperate and hold us to ransom (see the inflated fees we are always quoted for defenders).

(On a side issue, if Owen does want to go, I think the least he could do is to let the club know now.  The last thing we need is for this to drag on through the summer and for him to go in late August when we have no time to replace him.  However, I would have thought he might be even more sought after in January depending on eg. the injury situation with the top 4 clubs because he will not be cup-tied for Europe).

If players are unhappy and want to leave then so be it (I for one wouldn't blame Parker if he was desperate to go).  I personally would be happy to see Dyer leave but would be hugely irritated if he went on to perform well at another club because he is better managed.  However, I hope this is an opportunity for the players to give the club another chance and for the fans to give the players another chance.

I am looking forward to next season because I just don't know what to expect.  Unfortunately, a lot of other teams now find themselves in a similar position and whereas we were always the next best after the top 4 as a destination for players, I now feel that it would be difficult to choose between us, Villa, Spurs, West Ham, Everton and potentially City.  Wages may still sway a few towards us but I reckon West Ham will attract the mercenaries with Lucas Neill on a reported $60K a week.  However, I hope that the players we do sign do so because of the manager and the club.

I hope I have not rambled on too long.

I am looking forward to next season because I just don't know what to expect.  Unfortunately, a lot of other teams now find themselves in a similar position and whereas we were always the next best after the top 4 as a destination for players, I now feel that it would be difficult to choose between us, Villa, Spurs, West Ham, Everton and potentially City.  Wages may still sway a few towards us but I reckon West Ham will attract the mercenaries with Lucas Neill on a reported $60K a week.  However, I hope that the players we do sign do so because of the manager and the club.

Good point, that. The huge TV money plus the influx of billionaire owners is starting to create a more level playing field.

In a league where everyone has cash, things like whether players want to play for the manager at the club play a large part. I can't imagine any player particularly wanting to play for Roeder, but I could imagine SA swaying a lot. I'd also expect things like club facilities (training and other) to play a large part in persuading players to move, too (as well as the obvious lure of CL football, although that goes without saying).

Unfortunately, I also think that with a more level playing field, players will also get swayed by things like location, so you'll have people like Bent or Sidwell not wanting to leave London, and foreign players seeing London clubs as more attractive

Good point, that. The huge TV money plus the influx of billionaire owners is starting to create a more level playing field.

In a league where everyone has cash, things like whether players want to play for the manager at the club play a large part. I can't imagine any player particularly wanting to play for Roeder, but I could imagine SA swaying a lot. I'd also expect things like club facilities (training and other) to play a large part in persuading players to move, too (as well as the obvious lure of CL football, although that goes without saying).

Unfortunately, I also think that with a more level playing field, players will also get swayed by things like location, so you'll have people like Bent or Sidwell not wanting to leave London, and foreign players seeing London clubs as more attractive

Surely that's always been the case though?

As for level playing fields - it's only level if we're ALL owned by billionaires!  :lol:

Answer me this, of all those game you saw us play against the big teams, was there a single attacking minded player who actually did shine out to you? Cos if it was the defenie minded players that seemed to have the better perfomrance, wouldn't that of been a relection of the game, i.e constantly defendng.  Surely that isn't what emr is good at??

Correct, Emre isn't any good at defending at all.

From reading stuff written by people who go to away games it seems he's no good at anything in away games and only does something in home games. Generally that is. Perhaps geordiesned will pipe up here since he goes to away games? Or anyone else? If this is true, then ultiimately Emre needs to go as well but I'd shift Parker first because he's just a liability and a big lead weight around how the team plays.

BTW the only midfield/attacker we have who can defend at all is Butt and there are some on here who wouldn't even select him. :)

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

Answer me this, of all those game you saw us play against the big teams, was there a single attacking minded player who actually did shine out to you? Cos if it was the defenie minded players that seemed to have the better perfomrance, wouldn't that of been a relection of the game, i.e constantly defendng.  Surely that isn't what emr is good at??

From reading stuff written by people who go to away games it seems he's no good at anything in away games and only does something in home games. Generally that is. Perhaps geordiesned will pipe up here since he goes to away games? Or anyone else? If this is true, then ultiimately Emre needs to go as well but I'd shift Parker first because he's just a liability and a big lead weight around how the team plays.

BTW the only midfield/attacker we have who can defend at all is Butt and there are some on here who wouldn't even select him. :)

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

Sad.

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

I was referring to you. Parker's got no shining attributes whatsoever.

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

Another football genius...

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

You think Parker is a good player?

What do you liek the best? His long-range, foul-guaranteeing sliding tackles, or his pointless, ball-losing twisting and turning in the centre of the pitch.

Personally, my favourite is his inability as captain to inspire, lead or influence the team.

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

What do you liek the best? His long-range, foul-guaranteeing sliding tackles, or his pointless, ball-losing twisting and turning in the centre of the pitch.

Personally, my favourite is his inability as captain to inspire, lead or influence the team.

Yes he is a good player.

This season he was poor but the majority of our players were shit as him.

Why dont we all judge him next season when/if he plays under Allardyce?

If he is shit then i'll admit that im wrong and i'll apologize to everyone for saying that he was good

OK

I'm willing to judge him again after Sam's tried to sort him out, but he's got nothing about him to tell me he can be an imposing centre-mid, whether it be of an attacking nature or of a defensive nature.

Don't think he's a bad player, he's not hopeless, he's just mediocre.

I would have to say that this part "His ball losing twisting" is crap he does a lot of ball twisting and that winds me up but he rarely gives the ball away doing it. He just needs some guidance thats all

I would have to say that this part "His ball losing twisting" is crap he does a lot of ball twisting and that winds me up but he rarely gives the ball away doing it. He just needs some guidance thats all

Watching him hault our counter-attacks is painfully annoying. We lose the ball eventually.

I would prefer parker to butt as well to be honest. Yes parker has had a bad season but nicky butt has dropped some right clangers as well. I remember him giving the ball away every two seconds against pompey and a few other teams. Now I think butt has done very well this season but dont paint him to be fault free

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

I know. I'm aware of your thoughts on Parker.

Pretty much spot on tbh.

Yes, I am.

He has no idea, never having seen him play.

I would prefer parker to butt as well to be honest. Yes parker has had a bad season but nicky butt has dropped some right clangers as well. I remember him giving the ball away every two seconds against pompey and a few other teams. Now I think butt has done very well this season but dont paint him to be fault free

Also the game against Fulham(away)where he literally gave the ball to the fulham striker who scored the first goal.That was shocking mistake and nevertheless people think Butt is much better then Parker

Like i said before on this board there are alot of football geniuses who actually dont know whats the shape of the football ball.

But they still think they know anything about football

Sad...

Also the game against Fulham(away)where he literally gave the ball to the fulham striker who scored the first goal.That was shocking mistake and nevertheless people think Butt is much better then Parker

Like i said before on this board there are alot of football geniuses who actually dont know whats the shape of the football ball.

But they still think they know anything about football

Sad...

Like I said before, you've never seen these players perform. :idiot2: mackems.gif

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on an open forum, so fill your boots, I'll read your crap but I'll treat it with the disdain it deserves, being as it's based on no information at all.

There are always differing opinions on football and on players, but it's worth pointing out to you that only an arrogant fool ignores the views of dozens of members who watch the team week after week. The way you dismiss the views of those people who have far more information on which to base an opinion makes you a figure of fun, tbh. The opinion of these people carries far more weight than yours I'm afraid, being as it's based on first hand knowledge gained the only way it can be, by being at the match.

Guest Sniffer

There are people on here who watch ameobi week in, week out and think he's a good player. As the thinking person knows he's shite, how do you explain this?

Cue HTT to mention one good game that he had years ago in Europe to substantiate his claims that he's actually a premier league class player.