Barton on his way to Toon?

stozo

1 thing we lack is a goal scoring midfield player, For £3m he's worth a gamble. If he starts getting bad press or attacks another player then just put him up for sale. Bellamy wasnt much different yet there are fans who wished he never left so why not give Barton a chance?

Barton and Parker in midfield together... I'm sure Owen & Martins will be salivating over the prospect.

Again, i would like to see him here as a replacement for the captain, not a partner.

Don't agree.

It seems alot of people don't seem to recognize Joey Barton effectiveness as a forward going midfield player if you look at it statistically he has got 7 goals this season and 5 assists and last season he got 6 goals and 6 assists something this club has lacked for some time since Rob Lee.

On your point about helping Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen, Joey Barton can by not only his ability to support the front two with the amount of forward runs he makes but also by providing like he has in the past 5 assists this season and 6 assists last.

I agree HTL point about Barton being a better forward going player but thats not our Captain best role his best role is breaking up the play and winning back the ball for the team this is proven by the Opta Stats this season as he has not only had the highest tackling rate this season in the whole of the Premiership but also the 2nd highest tackling success rate in the Premiership.

-Back to Joey Barton- the Vital thing if Big Sam does want him is that he can back up signing the bad personality that comes with Joey Barton by getting 3rd, 4th, 5th like Sir Bobby did with the similar personalities in the dressing room (Bellamy), if he can't then signing him could prove to course big problems.

I know what Barton is capable of going forward, but he certainly isn't the creative midfielder we're crying out for.

Barton and Parker in midfield together... I'm sure Owen & Martins will be salivating over the prospect.

Again, i would like to see him here as a replacement for the captain, not a partner.

Don't agree.

It seems alot of people don't seem to recognize Joey Barton effectiveness as a forward going midfield player if you look at it statistically he has got 7 goals this season and 5 assists and last season he got 6 goals and 6 assists something this club has lacked for some time since Rob Lee.

On your point about helping Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen, Joey Barton can by not only his ability to support the front two with the amount of forward runs he makes but also by providing like he has in the past 5 assists this season and 6 assists last.

I agree HTL point about Barton being a better forward going player but thats not our Captain best role his best role is breaking up the play and winning back the ball for the team this is proven by the Opta Stats this season as he has not only had the highest tackling rate this season in the whole of the Premiership but also the 2nd highest tackling success rate in the Premiership.

-Back to Joey Barton- the Vital thing if Big Sam does want him is that he can back up signing the bad personality that comes with Joey Barton by getting 3rd, 4th, 5th like Sir Bobby did with the similar personalities in the dressing room (Bellamy), if he can't then signing him could prove to course big problems.

I know what Barton is capable of going forward, but he certainly isn't the creative midfielder we're crying out for.

Don't agree.

Yeh we shud sgin Karka!

Barton although an absolute cunt would improve out team dramatically.

6 goals, 4 assists. One of them a penalty. And the team is built around him, and he takes the penalties and all the other set pieces.

Btw, his 4 assists this season:

-Corner for Dunne at home to Middlesbrough

-Break from midfield and shift to Corradi at home to Fulham

-Interception and thru-ball for Mpenza away to Middlesbrough

-Thru-ball for Beasley away to Fulham

So if you want to do the double over Fulham and Boro, he's your man :laugh:

Seriously tho, he's nowt special. Just a decent player with a bit of pace and a good engine so he can join the attack (even in our ultra-defensive team). Some people here are seriously overrating him...they need to take a look at our goalscoring record this season :jesuswept:

why bother with him? hes not nearly good enough to justify all the shit that comes with his signing.

Can't see him taking the piss out of Newcastle like he's done with City, he's had a long leash there, and knows he can get away with sky blue murder as he's their best player and a fans fav when he's on form.

Also 'The Head' would be too scary too mess with tbh.  O0

Very good player, but a big risk unless we get him fairly cheap.

It's not just that he has a bad temper, in the same way as Rooney or whoever. He seems to have a vicious streak and when bother erupts, he goes out to hurt as much as possible. It all seems to go much further than a punch-up.

6 goals, 4 assists. One of them a penalty. And the team is built around him, and he takes the penalties and all the other set pieces.

Btw, his 4 assists this season:

-Corner for Dunne at home to Middlesbrough

-Break from midfield and shift to Corradi at home to Fulham

-Interception and thru-ball for Mpenza away to Middlesbrough

-Thru-ball for Beasley away to Fulham

So if you want to do the double over Fulham and Boro, he's your man :laugh:

Seriously tho, he's nowt special. Just a decent player with a bit of pace and a good engine so he can join the attack (even in our ultra-defensive team). <b> Some people here are seriously overrating him...they need to take a look at our goalscoring record this season </b> :jesuswept:

more due to the sh*t around him...

Yeh we shud sgin Karka!

Barton although an absolute cunt would improve out team dramatically.

Yes, because 'Karka' is the only creative midfielder in the world.

I've said i think we should sign Barton, but a midfield pairing of him and Butt doesn't inspire much. Perhaps if we do switch to 4-3-3 they could both fit in, alongside someone else providing the 'spark' we lack.

Guest Toon83

Allardyce always gets the best out of the supposed bad boy players knowone else will touch, look at what he's done with Diouf, Anelka and Nolan to some extent.

Joey Barton is a really good player when he isnt having fights with his teammates, and Allardyce IMO will sort him out putting his focus on football and nothing else, and maybe a move out of Manchester could do him good.

£3-5m would be a excellent deal for me, a Barton and Emre/Parker/Butt midfield partnership with Duff/N'Zogbia (left) and Milner (right), and a forward line of Owen/Shola and Martins/Carroll sounds good to me

We just need to sort out the defence with maybe three new signings at the back, keep Tayls and Nobby and get in another three.

Viduka would be awesome aswell, the player oozes class and Allardyce will get another two-three years out of him ala Speed

At £3m, i think Barton could be worth a gamble. There are few better man-managers than Sam Allardyce, and Barton has so much potential to be a good attacking force. As the Doc says, he's got a great engine - and he can score goals. His stats this season haven't been particularly impressive (better than Parker's), but his head has been all over the place, as have his team. Man City haven't scored goals cos they've got shit strikers.

Anything more than £3m though, and i think it's a bit steep.

But - if we're on about getting a penetrating attacking midfielder, i'd absolutely love Arteta. But that's just too unlikely. Sam can bring Nolan with him for me... something like 50 goals from midfield for Bolton. That's what we need. That largely depends on price, though.

As for Viduka, class act. Basically, he's saved Boro from relegation this season. Boateng's said so himself. They really are a crap team - but Viduka has just got class. He's just the sort of player we need... but i'm not going into this again. Just too good to turn down on a free, regardless of big wages.

Knight, Xavier and Ljungberg... Jesusweptus.

Guest Petay

For 3 million yes, for 5 no tar.  I'd like to see us go for D'Alessandro he was pretty good for Pompey last season and I think would cost the same or less than Barton

Im sure if we sign him Big Sam will get the best of him soon enough

Also he will handle his personality problems pretty quickly

I think he would be good replacement for Nicky Butt.

Guest Petay

For 3 million yes, for 5 no tar.  I'd like to see us go for D'Alessandro he was pretty good for Pompey last season and I think would cost the same or less than Barton

Aint he a winger thou?

I'm pretty sure he played through the middle for Pompey, where he has played for other teams I have no idea, I just really liked the way he attacked through the middle and supported the strikers.  He played a big part in Pompey staying up.

Aint he a winger thou?

I'm pretty sure he played through the middle for Pompey, where he has played for other team I have no clue, I just really liked the way he attacked through the middle and supported the strikers.  He played a big part in Pompey staying up.

He played that role in Germany as well.

Guest Petay

He's the last person I want at the club, surely we could do better than him and with less baggage than that c*** has

Barton or D'Alessandro?

He's the last person I want at the club, surely we could do better than him and with less baggage than that c*** has

Barton or D'Alessandro?

Well thats easy to answer, D'Alessandro!

1. There is no pressing need to replace Butt, there are far more urgent weaknessess to be fixed.

2. If we did replace Nicky Butt then according to a fair few members of this forum the ideal player is already at the club. Apparently.

Don't want Barton. Simple as that.

1. There is no pressing need to replace Butt, there are far more urgent weaknessess to be fixed.

2. If we did replace Nicky Butt then according to a fair few members of this forum the ideal player is already at the club. Apparently.

Don't want Barton. Simple as that.

I dont want him too.

I think we should aim for someone more creative midfielder but as we all know Big Sam style of play i wouldnt be surprised if Barton is on top of his wanting list.