Barton on his way to Toon?

stozo

There are people on here who watch ameobi week in, week out and think he's a good player. As the thinking person knows he's shite, how do you explain this?

Cue HTT to mention one good game that he had years ago in Europe to substantiate his claims that he's actually a premier league class player.

Well it's pretty obvious in my post but I'll highlight it below for you here....

There are always differing opinions on football and on players,

The general principle holds true. I've answered your question now perhaps you can explain to me the flaw in the general principle that watching games live allows for a more informed opinion? Note that I said a more informed opinion, not that someone is always right, because that's not possible and nobody makes that claim anyway no matter how much people want to believe they do.

I would prefer parker to butt as well to be honest. Yes parker has had a bad season but nicky butt has dropped some right clangers as well. I remember him giving the ball away every two seconds against pompey and a few other teams. Now I think butt has done very well this season but dont paint him to be fault free

Also the game against Fulham(away)where he literally gave the ball to the fulham striker who scored the first goal.That was shocking mistake and nevertheless people think Butt is much better then Parker

Like i said before on this board there are alot of football geniuses who actually dont know whats the shape of the football ball.

But they still think they know anything about football

Sad...

Like I said before, you've never seen these players perform. :idiot2: mackems.gif

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on an open forum, so fill your boots, I'll read your crap but I'll treat it with the disdain it deserves, being as it's based on no information at all.

There are always differing opinions on football and on players, but it's worth pointing out to you that only an arrogant fool ignores the views of dozens of members who watch the team week after week. The way you dismiss the views of those people who have far more information on which to base an opinion makes you a figure of fun, tbh. The opinion of these people carries far more weight than yours I'm afraid, being as it's based on first hand knowledge gained the only way it can be, by being at the match.

Im watching these players every week for your information.Maybe not live but still.and also watching players live every week doesnt make your opinion stronger and righter then mine because if all the people who are watching these games live are just football fans like you and dont understand the football game in his basics and main principles then their opinions are based on no football knolwedge at all.

George Bush can watch all the Newcastle games and after that probably his opinion will be competent too ah?

Like i said before im not pretending to know everything about football but at least im studying to become a football coach and im almost at the end of my education and after that i'll have the UEFA "B" license.

I doubt that alot of people on here have that.

So i guess my opinion is a little bit more competent then yours at least.

http://www.thefa.com/GrassrootsNew/FALearning/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2003/12/Becoming_a_coach.htm

http://www.bfcschool.com/licence/?Section=149

Guest leon b

This is slightly of topic but here is another midfielder we are being stongly linked with,towards the bottom it's states we've held talks.

i reckon he'd be a brilliant addition.

Alou Diarra (born July 15, 1981 in Villepinte) is a French footballer of Senegalese descent. He is a midfielder who currently plays for Olympique Lyonnais.

At Lens, he has become a first-team regular, and made his début for France; as of 18 June 2006, he has ten caps for his country. This included coming on as a second half substitute for Patrick Vieira in the 2006 World Cup Final against Italy, which France went on to lose on penalties 5-3. Following the World Cup, he was involved in rumours of a transfer to Italian side, A.S. Roma during the 2006 Summer Transfer window. However he finally went to Lyon to replace the departed Mahamadou Diarra who was sold to Real Madrid for £17,700,000.

On May 18th 2007, he flew to England to have talks with Tottenham and Newcastle United over a £4.5 million move.

This is slightly of topic but here is another midfielder we are being stongly linked with,towards the bottom it's states we've held talks.

Alou Diarra (born July 15, 1981 in Villepinte) is a French footballer of Senegalese descent. He is a midfielder who currently plays for Olympique Lyonnais.

At Lens, he has become a first-team regular, and made his début for France; as of 18 June 2006, he has ten caps for his country. This included coming on as a second half substitute for Patrick Vieira in the 2006 World Cup Final against Italy, which France went on to lose on penalties 5-3. Following the World Cup, he was involved in rumours of a transfer to Italian side, A.S. Roma during the 2006 Summer Transfer window. However he finally went to Lyon to replace the departed Mahamadou Diarra who was sold to Real Madrid for £17,700,000.

On May 18th 2007, he flew to England to have talks with Tottenham and Newcastle United over a £4.5 million move.

That's from Wikipedia.

Provide a link or i'll continue to assume that you've just written that. :)

I would prefer parker to butt as well to be honest. Yes parker has had a bad season but nicky butt has dropped some right clangers as well. I remember him giving the ball away every two seconds against pompey and a few other teams. Now I think butt has done very well this season but dont paint him to be fault free

Also the game against Fulham(away)where he literally gave the ball to the fulham striker who scored the first goal.That was shocking mistake and nevertheless people think Butt is much better then Parker

Like i said before on this board there are alot of football geniuses who actually dont know whats the shape of the football ball.

Sad...

Like I said before, you've never seen these players perform. :idiot2: mackems.gif

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on an open forum, so fill your boots, I'll read your crap but I'll treat it with the disdain it deserves, being as it's based on no information at all.

There are always differing opinions on football and on players, but it's worth pointing out to you that only an arrogant fool ignores the views of dozens of members who watch the team week after week. The way you dismiss the views of those people who have far more information on which to base an opinion makes you a figure of fun, tbh. The opinion of these people carries far more weight than yours I'm afraid, being as it's based on first hand knowledge gained the only way it can be, by being at the match.

Im watching these players every week for your information.Maybe not live but still.and also watching players live every week doesnt make your opinion stronger and righter then mine because if all the people who are watching these games live are just football fans like you and dont understand the football game in his basics and main principles then their opinions are based on no football knolwedge at all.

George Bush can watch all the Newcastle games and after that probably his opinion will be competent too ah?

Like i said before im not pretending to know everything about football but at least im studying to become a football coach and im almost at the end of my education and after that i'll have the UEFA "B" license.

http://www.thefa.com/GrassrootsNew/FALearning/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2003/12/Becoming_a_coach.htm

So having a coaching qualification means you know what you're talking about. OK, you must respect everything Glenn Roeder said and did then?  :razz:

Guest leon b

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alou_Diarra

Im not sure whether they are a reliable source, i heard the rumour and decided to have a search.

seem we may face stiff competition to get him but he's strong, tall and has plenty of aggression.

I think big sam is looking down the right avenues if true.

Im not sure whether they are a reliable source, i heard the rumour and decided to have a search.

seem we may face stiff competition to get him but he's strong, tall and has plenty of aggression.

Just about the least reliable source you can get mate, seeing as any anonymous person can edit it to say what they like. And they probably have.

Guest leon b

Damm (i got sucked in lol), cheers for the info mate.

to be honest im just itching to see us get some quality in, it's going to be a long old summer.

How long do you think we'll wait for signings? will sam build up his backroom staff first, both are very important for the long term future of our club.

Just about the least reliable source you can get mate, seeing as any anonymous person can edit it to say what they like. And they probably have.

I read it yesterday in one of the Sunday papers

I read it yesterday in one of the Sunday papers

...and where do you think those lazy shitehawks got it from?.... :rolleyes:

Sad...

So having a coaching qualification means you know what you're talking about. OK, you must respect everything Glenn Roeder said and did then?  :razz:

My point is that people who have played some organized football and after that studied about football management and coaching have more competent opinion about football matters then the ordinary football fan.

Yes,Roeder talked alot of shit but even then he knows more about football then you and me.

Guest Sniffer

First off, HTL, I've never said that watching a game on TV is better than being at the match. Or that TV provides for a more informed opinion on a players performance. I'd much rather be at a game than not but this isn't a perfect world.

Saying that, it depends on who is watching the game. IMO, there are clems on this forum that could go to SJP until the cows come home and they wouldn't have the faintest idea what was going on on the pitch. Those are the people who think ameobi is a canny player FFS.

It raises a point though. Taking you argument to it's logical conclusion,  how can anybody suggest a player that we should sign? Take Darren Bent. If you can't gain any perspective on a players ability from the TV, how can anybody suggest we sign him as he's a good player? It would have to be based on seeing him once a year at SJP unless you are a Charlton fan.  That's if he plays. What about Tevez? Seems like a good player but how many people have actually seen him live? And what if you did see him live in your one game at SJP and he was shite? Discount him? What about all these people who throw out these players that very few have heard of and even less people have seen and I'd bet nobody has seen them live. We can't even spell their names most of the time and can't pronounce them.

How could you watch an England game and say fucking hell, Steven Gerrard or Wayne Rooneywas brilliant. Would you have to say, although I only saw it on the telly I thought........?????

First off, HTL, I've never said that watching a game on TV is better than being at the match. Or that TV provides for a more informed opinion on a players performance. I'd much rather be at a game than not but this isn't a perfect world.

Saying that, it depends on who is watching the game. IMO, there are clems on this forum that could go to SJP until the cows come home and they wouldn't have the faintest idea what was going on on the pitch. Those are the people who think ameobi is a canny player FFS.

It raises a point though. Taking you argument to it's logical conclusion,  how can anybody suggest a player that we should sign? Take Darren Bent. If you can't gain any perspective on a players ability from the TV, how can anybody suggest we sign him as he's a good player? It would have to be based on seeing him once a year at SJP unless you are a Charlton fan.  That's if he plays. What about Tevez? Seems like a good player but how many people have actually seen him live? And what if you did see him live in your one game at SJP and he was shite? Discount him? What about all these people who throw out these players that very few have heard of and even less people have seen and I'd bet nobody has seen them live. We can't even spell their names most of the time and can't pronounce them.

How could you watch an England game and say fucking hell, Steven Gerrard or Wayne Rooneywas brilliant. Would you have to say, although I only saw it on the telly I thought........?????

very good point tbh

HTL and grandfather NE5 think that if i havent watch a newcastle game live my comments and posts about players are shit and i dont have the right to comment about this players

At the same time if we were linked with player like Leo Messi for example those same people will say that we should try to sign him because he is great player and great talent with great technique but nevertheless im sure that they never seen him play live.

Why Joey Barton is a fine young man

Peter Kay, the chief executive of Sporting Chance, on the other side of an ‘errant’ player

“Uninitiated, young men will burn down the village just to feel its warmth.” African proverb

Recently, Joey Barton was involved in what the newspapers called “yet another chapter in the misdemeanours of the troubled young man”. “How many more chances are we to offer him?” they asked as “experts” were brought in to fathom the Manchester City midfield player’s thought processes. One article even desecrated his whole family.

I was left wondering if they were debating the life of the same young man that I had been working with for the past 20 months. I am told that this is the price one pays for being a professional footballer, castigated without recourse, labelled and condemned, your family as well.

Football is a strange sport, which has a strange way of preparing young men for the pressures that being exposed to the limelight in a professional career entail. It tells those with often limited education that they are great. Their families tell them the same thing and their friends believe it because everyone else has been saying it.

They are put through the academy system, after which their services are either dispensed with in a short, blunt conversation, or they are handed the club blazer, the keys to a sponsored car and a contract that will earn them thousands of pounds per week. Then, as they leave the office, they are reminded: “By the way, you’re a role model now.”

Some young men receive superb mentoring from academy directors and coaches, others from their own families, or, when they embark on their professional career, from their managers. This helps them define their own moral codes. Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, for example, is a master of initiating young men into maturity.

But not all managers have the experience and natural aptitude of Ferguson, while not all young men respond to this mentoring.

In the world of testosterone-charged adolescents, one of the qualities needed is the will to win. That comes from an anger from within. Whether it’s tennis or tiddlywinks, winning is everything.

If the role models have not been there during this time, how can we expect these young men to change patterns of behaviour that have worked for them for so long within a nanosecond of them signing professional papers?

We seem to think we can sprinkle magic dust on them that enables them to think of others, do the right thing, be humble and become emotionally articulate, yet since reaching puberty they have found out that displaying any of those characteristics is deemed “weak” and, therefore, unacceptable.

Sporting Chance Clinic was started by another once errant young man called Tony Adams in 2000. Three years earlier, the Arsenal captain had announced that he was an alcoholic. At first he had to fund the project from his own pocket, which he did willingly until the Professional Footballers’ Association stepped in to provide funds. The FA and FA Premier League have since started to contribute, too.

Adams’s mission was to provide the programmes of treatment, the environment and the expertise that would have helped him at the time of his announcement, when nothing similar was available.

The clinic is fulfilling Adams’s dream on a daily basis.

It was here in the autumn of 2005 that a 23-year-old Barton embarked on a seven-day programme of behavioural management, “anger management” as the experts in the media would have it. Contrary to general belief, he has continued the work since.

My relationship with Joey started then and there has not been a week that has passed since in which we haven’t “checked in” with each other, discussed our working days or chatted about some event or other, he seeking my counsel on a particular matter, or me seeking his.

We have spent time at his house, at mine, on the golf course, in a restaurant or perhaps on one of the several visits he has joined me on to a school or remand centre. So I look at Joey with respect and honour him for how far he has come in 20 months. Since his week-long residential stay at Sporting Chance, Joey has matured into a man of huge quality, integrity and sensitivity.

He embarked on the programme we set up for him with total commitment. He attended an open meeting of a self-help group when he did not need to because he is not an “alcoholic”. He was deeply moved by what he heard. In 20 months he has drunk alcohol only on two occasions, feeling that his career and ambitions need total commitment. He had become aware that he had choices.

He had a little episode in front of the FA disciplinary committee for baring his bottom at a group of Everton fans but he accepted the fine, apologising for his behaviour and thanking the committee for a fair hearing.

He was then supposedly involved in an altercation in a taxi, where he allegedly caused damage to a glass partition, but no evidence of this was found. Joey walked away from the situation. He was stone cold sober.

The recent training-ground incident is a continuing legal issue.

Joey is a pretty honest and straightforward man, as the Times interview in December, when he criticised England players for bringing out books after their poor showing in the World Cup, shows. He sometimes speaks without caring about the possible ramifications, although this is an area he has been looking at improving. His recent declaration that he would not pay to see City play was perhaps ill-timed, with the season-ticket deadline approaching, and his observations regarding several foreign players at the club undoubtedly produced a response.

But Joey is full of pride and passion, gives his all to the team and cares deeply when they are beaten. He boils with frustration and anger when he judges that others are not committing the same energies as he to the cause. He is a human being, not a saint, and makes mistakes. He will probably carry on making mistakes, as most people do in life. But he is more aware now and awareness is integral to what we teach.

However, it seems that whenever Joey “makes a mistake”, his past is relentlessly dredged up, dissected and he is again vilified. This produces an automatic reaction of self-preservation: his defences go up and the monosyllabic responses he gives basically send out the message that he does not want anyone near him. More often than not in these cases, the opposite is true and the person concerned wants to talk about how they’re feeling.

On three occasions, I have witnessed him walk away from situations where he and his family have been abused. We have discussed afterwards how good it felt to do “the mature thing”. Such huge steps forward are not reported by the press.

He has embarked on a relationship in which he has had to show his vulnerability – not something that he was taught to do as a young teenager

At 14, he went to live with his grandmother and without her solid set of values, love and affection, I do not think that Joey would be where he is today. At 15, he was released by Everton. He grew up in Huyton, a learning ground where, if a person raises their hand to hit you, you make sure they do not get the chance – and that they do not get up in the near future.

It takes a pretty strong character to turn that kind of teaching on and off like a tap and react to similar threats by walking away.

For Sporting Chance, he has taken on the responsibility of being patron for The Tamsin Gulvin Fund, which supports people with problems but without the financial wherewithal to get them treated. He attends our annual fly fishing competition, even though he hates fly fishing, to raise funds for the Trust.

He attends schools and remand centres with me to talk about his upbringing, the mistakes he has made and how young people can change the way they do things. We were in Cumbria delivering the last of five sessions in a day and were running late. I had to get him back to Manchester to see the Arctic Monkeys. When I said that we had to go, he refused until those in the group had had a chance to ask questions. He has taken the time to talk with several people who might be “troubled”, and then they have subsequently phoned me for support.

These facts do not appear when the headlines focus on the “errant Barton”.

Getting selected for England was a big day for him. I spoke to him as he was driven to Manchester to join the squad. We talked of everything he had worked for coming to fruition, how the changes in his lifestyle had contributed massively to this day, and we also talked of his fears.

Through being an England squad player he tasted professionalism throughout the whole squad and the set-up. He experienced the food, the preparation, the organisation and the total desire and will to win, from everyone from the head coach to the kit man. He was with like-minded souls. Then three days later it was back to Carrington and although he respected Stuart Pearce, it was light years away from what he had just sampled. You could see the frustration in his demeanour. Joey sets extremely high standards for himself and this is one of the attributes that make him the talent he is; however, it is also his nemesis.

Like any self-respecting street fighter, when he feels threatened or cornered, he resorts back to the behaviour that served him when he was young. Fists up and f*** off! Behaviour ingrained in our make-up take time and effort to change; he is doing the effort bit, he just needs time.

Wherever he ends up playing next season, be it City or another Barclays Premiership club, they will be getting a man of immense personal qualities.

Didn't say you did, tbh.

very good point tbh

HTL and grandfather NE5 think that if i havent watch a newcastle game live my comments and posts about players are shit and i dont have the right to comment about this players

At the same time if we were linked with player like Leo Messi for example those same people will say that we should try to sign him because he is great player and great talent with great technique but nevertheless im sure that they never seen him play live.

Struggling with English again.

1. I don't think you haven't seen Newcastle 'live.' You've said you don't go to matches 'cos you live in Bulgaria, or somewhere.

2. I don't think your comments are shit because you don't go to matches. I think your comments are shit because they are just shit.

3. I've never said you don't have a right to comment, in fact, I've said quite the opposite.

4. It is you who post comment that the opinion of many on this forum is garbage. What was it you said again, something about people not knowing the shape of the football, such is their stupidity. My opinion on that is that the general level of understanding of football on this forum isn't bad, it's just that you would drag the average down alarmingly if this could be measured.

Tell me what you don't understand about any of those 4 points and I'll try harder to explain it again.

Guest smoggeordie

OMG we're after Tevez

From Wikipedia:

In April 2007, the Argentine picked up the Player of the Year Award from club magazine Hammers News and also received the Hammer of the Year award from West Ham United. In May, he inspired West Ham to a 3-0 win over relegation rivals Wigan, and then scored a brace and set up a Mark Noble volley the following week against Bolton Wanderers. The papers[attribution needed] heralded the latter performance, calling him West Ham's "saviour", since this result took West Ham three points clear of the relegation zone with one game remaining.

In West Ham's final game of the season against Manchester United on 13 May 2007, Tévez secured the club's Premiership status, by scoring in the 1-0 away victory over season's champions Manchester United tapping the ball past Edwin van der Sar at close range. The match was played at the same time as the Sheffield United against Wigan Athletic match. This ended with Wigan winning 2-1, so a loss to Manchester United would have resulted in West Ham's relegation.

Tévez admitted that he is set on leaving West Ham to join one of Europe's leading clubs in the summer.On 19th May he flew to Newcastle to open talks on a £30,000,000 deal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tevez

;)

*Prime example about who can edit Wikipedia.

very good point tbh

Struggling with English again.

1. I don't think you haven't seen Newcastle 'live.' You've said you don't go to matches 'cos you live in Bulgaria, or somewhere.

2. I don't think your comments are shit because you don't go to matches. I think your comments are shit because they are just shit.

3. I've never said you don't have a right to comment, in fact, I've said quite the opposite.

4. It is you who post comment that the opinion of many on this forum is garbage. What was it you said again, something about people not knowing the shape of the football, such is their stupidity. My opinion on that is that the general level of understanding of football on this forum isn't bad, it's just that you would drag the average down alarmingly if this could be measured.

Tell me what you don't understand about any of those 4 points and I'll try harder to explain it again.

4.people who have played some organized football and after that studied about football management and coaching have more competent opinion about football matters then the ordinary football fan.

And 99% of the people on this board are football fans

I put in a very itneresting article about Barton's progress in his behaviour and the efforts he has been making but it got lost back there somewhere. Having read the article I must say I am a lot more receptive to him coming to Newcastle should we show any interest, especially bearing in mind the man we will have in charge.

Would like Viduka, don't fancy Barton though!

Why not? He's the nice guy of the family man  :lol:

He's just bashes kids and puts cigars out in trainee's eyes, its not as if he's a racist axe murderer or owt man  :lol:

:lol: that is true