Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Guest firetotheworks

It was class that year they got to the CL final against Barcelona (the first time recently) and all the glory hunters that I knew were adamant that they would beat Barca because they were apparently 'weak defensively' :lol: Everyone who knew football knew they were in for a lesson...a lesson that they never, ever learn.

Todays fergie comments sum the arrogance of Man Utd up. Whilst being angry, i take comfort in the hope that neutrals who didn't like them to start with, dislike them even more now.

We may be a "wee club", but it's the "wee club" that belongs to me. My local "wee club", not one i've latched onto because of success or stature. I love and am proud of this "wee club".

I believe Fergie's realized he was out of order, but in trying to defend himself has dug himself into a deeper hole.

Todays fergie comments sum the arrogance of Man Utd up. Whilst being angry, i take comfort in the hope that neutrals who didn't like them to start with, dislike them even more now.

We may be a "wee club", but it's the "wee club" that belongs to me. My local "wee club", not one i've latched onto because of success or stature. I love and am proud of this "wee club".

I believe Fergie's realized he was out of order, but in trying to defend himself has dug himself into a deeper hole.

Be a first if he has.

Guest bimpy474

Be a first if he has.

Aye, this is where the arrogance kicks in and filters down from him to his players and then to 100% of their fans.

Shit not having any decent comebacks when talking to a Man Utd fan, tbh :lol: Pointing at Barca/Real Madrid/Man City is a mackem style trick/only resort

Still, Stoned Moses is sadly out of touch with the reality of football if he can't even concede that Ferguson and Man Utd's players enjoy a virtual exemption from reprimand from the FA for their bullying behaviour that other clubs don't.

Parity would be Ferguson being at least warned and apologising, the same way Pardew did when he over-stepped the mark by pushing the lino against Spurs.

Challenging the referee with such vehemence sets a very bad example, and validates the actions of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney, who regularly will run the length of the pitch to crowd around and yell into the face of cowering referees - then escape dissent. Giggs can break up play in a very intentional (if not malicious way) and escape yellow cards all day long, and then there's Ferguson himself who can disparage Michael Oliver last week and then try to intimidate Mike Dean this week and suffer no repercussions. The corporate media-machine of Man Utd rolls on.

Yep, while Fergie and some Man Utd fans think the only reason they're getting stick over this is because they're a huge club, the exact opposite is actually true. the only reason they've gotten away with this is because of who they are. Anyone else and it would be a 4+ games touchline ban and a hefty fine. shows that bullying and intimidation works if you are a big enough bully.

Anyway i'm glad the old tosser made these idiotic comments because being under that sort of attack can galvanise a club and pull people together. And i'm sure that while DL has made respectful comments in public -  behind the scenes him, Pardew and Ashley will not be happy, which will only add to our motivation to do well. Especially Ashley as this kind of scrap is the sort of thing he thrives on.

David Craig spoke to Llambias:

- Have the greatest respect for Manchester United and the history of the club

- Very proud of our 'wee club'

- 50,000 fans every week and one of the biggest away followings in the PL

- Hope to emulate just a small bit of Man United's success in the rest of DL's time here

- Most people in the North East know that Alex Ferguson has a fondess for NUFC

- Hope to emulate just a small bit of Man United's success in the rest of DL's time here

cheers fella

Guest bimpy474

Possibly the only time i would applaud any thing he has said.

Just seen this. Fair f***ing play. :thup:

Guest malandro

Fuck that. The club have slashed the number of away tickets we get and made supporters pay £25 for a membership before they can buy a ticket for an away game. Two faced.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck that. The club have slashed the number of away tickets we get and made supporters pay £25 for a membership before they can buy a ticket for an away game. Two faced.

The membership thing was a result of the Darlington friendly crowd trouble. I can see the logic behind it but its far too much overkill. Just make people register their details when they purchase a ticket.

Can't blame Fergie for taking advantage of English football when we bend over and lube up with vaseline at the first mention of the great man's name. It was embarrassing enough watching the officials take his abuse during the game, so it's hardly any surprise that the FA followed up by going down on bended knee to pay tribute to the poisonous old cunt.

How did Ferguson ever help Pardew in his career btw? Never played at Man Utd or been part of their staff?

Probably thinks Obertan and Simpson constitute as "helping"

:yao:

Simpson wasn't even bought under Pardew.

No, seriously, has there ever been something between those 2 in history? Obviously they got on quite - if not very - well in the past but I can't remember about anything else really.