Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Guys, Man United supporter here. I registered just to say that I am really sorry about Fergies comments. And most fans I know are quite embarrassed by them. I would have supported him if he had just aimed his tirade at Pardew; but calling your cub 'wee little' was totally unacceptable. Whats more, most united fans agree that Newcastle are anything but a small club, rather you are a fantastic club with a rich history. And even if it had been another small club, the comments were still way out of order. If tomorrow someone at Real Madrid or Barca were to call us 'small time' , I would be absolutely seething. So I can well imagine your consternation. I know it won't set it right, but I would like to apologize; I and most other united fans are not with fergie on this.

Another Man United fand here, and seething myself after seeing your snivelling post pixel. You don't speak for most other United fans so apologize by all means but don't make up rubbish like all Man United fans aren't with Fergie on this.

If you care to go onto Red Issue (Man United forum) for example you'll see most fans on there are applauding Fergie for giving it back to Pardew after his hypoctrical comments about referees.

I think the point Fergie was making was that if it was a manager of a different club with a smaller profile (Newcastle, Sunderland or whoever) then there wouldn't be all the national mock outrage and days and days of talking hypocritical s**** about it on the radio, in the papers etc.

You're not disappointed that your 70-odd year old manager isn't big enough to use more respectful language than "wee club in the North East" about a proper football club with good fans like ourselves?  Fair enough.  Adds up with my view of a lot of Man Utd fans tbh, that they're essentially arrogant tossers not worth getting in a conversation with.

Am I disappointed in his press conference? No, not at all. I found it amusing in the knowledge that it would wind you all up. I'm happy that he is sticking up for himself after a couple of days of over the top United/Fergie bashing in the press.

Pardew had no need to stick his size 9's into it in the first place really and Fergie is obviously not happy about that, it is over the top having a pop at your whole club but I found it funny rather than disappointing. If it was someone calling Sunderland a small club you'd all be pissing yourselves.

I was disappointed in his rant at the match though. Having said that while at the game it appeared to us in the Stretford End that the goal had been disallowed and then the ref changed his mind after your players had a go at the linesman.

I honestly believe the goal should never have been given but than I guess I have my red tinted specs on.

Pardew regularly says stupid things but he said absolutely nothing wrong in this instance. The Sunderland thing is smoke and mirrors, of course we'd be laughing, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be disrespectful.

Guest bimpy474

The goal was correct within the rules, most people probably don't agree with that rule though.

I do and i dont. If Cisse was nowhere near the ball then it should have stood, but when he is right behind the defender, down the line of the ball, a few yards in front of the GK, well the rules are correct but mental in some situations.

Guest Stoned Moses

The goal was correct within the rules, most people probably don't agree with that rule though.

A grey area with the offside rule as it is at the moment. The decision could easily have gone either way. No problem with it being given but Cisse in my opinion was interferring with play, if he wasn't there then Evans wouldn't have tried to play the ball out in the manner he did.

'national mock outrage' :lol:

Fergie's had his behaviour laughed off/supported by all corners of the media. There's only one back-page where i've seen Dean's report sarcastically juxtaposed with a picture of a rather beetroot lucking senile c***.

Do you not get talksport or 5live up there then?

Nar mate, we don't get that kind of technology north of Watford.

Guest Stoned Moses

Suffice to say this little episode has done zilch to improve my opinion of Manu fans. :lol:

Is there a devastated smiley anywhere?

I do and i dont. If Cisse was nowhere near the ball then it should have stood, but when he is right behind the defender, down the line of the ball, a few yards in front of the GK, well the rules are correct but mental in some situations.

If the defender playes the ball , he cant be offside- it dosent apply- was always thus.  Interfering dosent come into it- when a defender plays the ball, rather that the attacking team.

A grey area with the offside rule as it is at the moment. The decision could easily have gone either way. No problem with it being given but Cisse in my opinion was interferring with play, if he wasn't there then Evans wouldn't have tried to play the ball out in the manner he did.

It did. :lol: Fortunately the referee was familiar enough with the rulebook to ensure it ended up going the correct way.

Bet this is what Fergie was screaming at the ref, fourth official and linesman, verbatim.

Guys, Man United supporter here. I registered just to say that I am really sorry about Fergies comments. And most fans I know are quite embarrassed by them. I would have supported him if he had just aimed his tirade at Pardew; but calling your cub 'wee little' was totally unacceptable. Whats more, most united fans agree that Newcastle are anything but a small club, rather you are a fantastic club with a rich history. And even if it had been another small club, the comments were still way out of order. If tomorrow someone at Real Madrid or Barca were to call us 'small time' , I would be absolutely seething. So I can well imagine your consternation. I know it won't set it right, but I would like to apologize; I and most other united fans are not with fergie on this.

Another Man United fand here, and seething myself after seeing your snivelling post pixel. You don't speak for most other United fans so apologize by all means but don't make up rubbish like all Man United fans aren't with Fergie on this.

If you care to go onto Red Issue (Man United forum) for example you'll see most fans on there are applauding Fergie for giving it back to Pardew after his hypoctrical comments about referees.

I think the point Fergie was making was that if it was a manager of a different club with a smaller profile (Newcastle, Sunderland or whoever) then there wouldn't be all the national mock outrage and days and days of talking hypocritical s**** about it on the radio, in the papers etc.

You're not disappointed that your 70-odd year old manager isn't big enough to use more respectful language than "wee club in the North East" about a proper football club with good fans like ourselves?  Fair enough.  Adds up with my view of a lot of Man Utd fans tbh, that they're essentially arrogant tossers not worth getting in a conversation with.

Am I disappointed in his press conference? No, not at all. I found it amusing in the knowledge that it would wind you all up. I'm happy that he is sticking up for himself after a couple of days of over the top United/Fergie bashing in the press.

Pardew had no need to stick his size 9's into it in the first place really and Fergie is obviously not happy about that, it is over the top having a pop at your whole club but I found it funny rather than disappointing. If it was someone calling Sunderland a small club you'd all be pissing yourselves.

I was disappointed in his rant at the match though. Having said that while at the game it appeared to us in the Stretford End that the goal had been disallowed and then the ref changed his mind after your players had a go at the linesman.

I honestly believe the goal should never have been given but than I guess I have my red tinted specs on.

Really?! Over the top?!

You only think it's over the top because he very rarely (if ever) gets held to account for his constant undermining of officials. One little comment from a fellow manager about this incident and look at the way he responds - with all the arrogance and spite that Man Utd have become synonymous with (outside your own little circles of course).

He was there because Evans was keeping him there. He was the one pushing Cisse forward.

I'd usually think this is just an other attempt for him to draw attention away from the incidents involving his players (RvP and Valencia) and onto him, but those comments are more childish and petty than anything he's said before.

which takes effort given the sheer amount of childish and petty things he's come out with even just this season.

Guest neesy111

He was there because Evans was keeping him there. He was the one pushing Cisse forward.

:thup:

Guest Stoned Moses

Shame this wee club took enough points off them last season to cost them the title.

I remember the days when you actually tried to win the title yourselves rather than being content with costing another team the prize. How the mighty have fallen - if that isn't a 'wee clubs' mentality then I don't know what is.

Thought you lot were better than that to be honest  :).

Shame this wee club took enough points off them last season to cost them the title.

I remember the days when you actually tried to win the title yourselves rather than being content with costing another team the prize. How the mighty have fallen - if that isn't a 'wee clubs' mentality then I don't know what is.

We're not content; we just find it funny.  Haha.

Guest Stoned Moses

Suffice to say this little episode has done zilch to improve my opinion of Manu fans. :lol:

Is there a devastated smiley anywhere?

:mancini:

:lol:

Very good  :D

Let's see how many dafties bite here.

Guest bimpy474

I liked this "wee club" last season mind.

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/231/captureiw.png

Guest Stoned Moses

We're not content; we just find it funny.  Haha.

I wouldn't worry about it, we aren't. It was lost at home to Everton and away to Wigan TBF.

You can't win it every year, I'm just happy we are still challenging despite the financial contraints we are under thanks to our lovely owners.