Well done Freddy!

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wait till you get taken over.

You'll get what we got with Ellis, 12 months of endless threads arguing over his legacy - "nah, he was a cunt", "but he did some good things, he made the trains run on time" etc

Wait till you get taken over.

You'll get what we got with Ellis, 12 months of endless threads arguing over his legacy - "nah, he was a cunt", "but he did some good things, he made the trains run on time" etc

:lol:

1.He didnt give money to Roeder in January

2.He sacked Roeder in the perfect time

3.He bring the right man into the club

4.He appointed the right man in the perfect time

5.He supports the new manager 100%???We will have to wait to see about that.I hope Shepherd will stand behind him 100% and give him full control over the club and also to give him solid transfer kitty for the summer.

Is this the bloke you have called a 'fat pig' on countless occasions?

People do have short memories

indeed they do, in fact weren't you calling him 'fat pig' yesterday nufc06?

He is still fat pig...

He made alot of mistakes in the past.Mistakes that cost this club alot.His mistakes transformed this club from top 4 team to mid table team atm.His mistakes still stands.

But im open minded person so i cant call black to the white.

When something right is done for the club im admiting it.

This time Shepherd did great job.Hopefully he will back his manager 100% O0

Well Done Fat Fred!!

and i saw the press confrence on the Sky web,it seems that Freddy had a hell of a fart

I said the same thing to my mate, he properly lent over with a pained expression on his face didn't he? ha ha

5.He supports the new manager 100%???We will have to wait to see about that.I hope Shepherd will stand behind him 100% and give him full control over the club and also to give him solid transfer kitty for the summer.

...add to that the £1mil payoff for Roeder and the £9mil escape clause for Owen and he's still got a good way to go to get in my good books.

...add to that the £1mil payoff for Roeder and the £9mil escape clause for Owen and he's still got a good way to go to get in my good books.

Im not saying he is perfect but he handled the current situation magnificently

aye, he did good on this particular occasion, i don't believe anybody can criticize him even if Sam turns out a failure.. i just hope that in Sam we'll have a competent manager who is capable of standing his ground in front of the chairman and the players, which would be a fresh change from Roeder's spineless approach to everything..

Guest Urban Fox

Sam accepted the job and to show his delight, he gave fred a playful hay-maker to the ribs

Guest Andrew Flintoff

For crying out loud is it any wonder we get called fickle? Give him a bit of credit yes, but "appreciation thread"? I bet you same people were singing Shepherd out last week. Make your bed, then lie in it. Stop changing your mind every five minutes.

For the record, I'm a Shepherd in man. Simply because there's nobody going to take it over.

For crying out loud is it any wonder we get called fickle? Give him a bit of credit yes, but "appreciation thread"? I bet you same people were singing Shepherd out last week. Make your bed, then lie in it. Stop changing your mind every five minutes.

For the record, I'm a Shepherd in man. Simply because there's nobody going to take it over.

Don't see anything wrong with giving credit where its due tbh. Would rather people acknowledge when someone has done something good than be completely blind like we often see when people like Bramble or Shola have a good game.

Fair play to Fred, he's made a decent choice this time and if it doesn't work out I, for one, won't be giving him shit for picking the wrong bloke. With one proviso though, and that is that he must allow Sam the freedom to do things his way. No interfering Fred, no quibbling over whether or not we really need that Bulgarian foot masseur, no asking Sam if he really wants to buy that Outer Mongolian centre-half you've never heard of and wouldn't he really rather sell off SJP and offer whatever we can get for it for Wayne Rooney, none of that stuff. You stick to what you're... ...erm... ..."good" at and leave the football to Sam, he knows what he's doing and it finally appears that you might be getting there too, don't mess it up now when you're doing so well.

Come on Fred, we know think hope you can do it.

;)

I can't believe people are appreciating him like. Its like when we signed Owen. Some people are getting blinded by this all of a sudden. I'm absolutely ecstatic that we've got Allardyce, and the timing. Well done for once Fred. You've only got another 56 good things to do now for you to match your amount of good things you've done with bad things.

I'm happy to give him credit here. He's gotten his man in quickly so he'll have a full summer to do what he feels needs to be done.

The real test will be over time, though. Will he continue to do the right things?

We shall see, though I'm hopeful.

Guest Knightrider

If Sam turns out to be a success, then he'll get my full credit, until then he has a lot of begging still to do.

The real question thats on everyones lips is simply how long this thread takes to descend into farce?

He has made some howling mistakes in the last 10 years but there were strong arguments 'a priori' for him making those. A lot of people agreed that Souness was an ok choice when he was appointed, far from perfect but adequate. The logic could be seen. For me that was his worse decision by far, then appointing Roeder was his second worse. The Souness decision was one which many thought 'hmm not sure about this but he could sort out the discipline problems'. Personally i was livid and argued incessantly with a Rangers fan at work who loved him. I could see the logic though and thats the key point to understand in top level business decision making. Was there a sound rationale for the decision? If not, then you're an idiot and making poor decisions. Make your own mind up tbh.

We hear today that one of the reasons that Allardyce came was because the 'chairman always backs his managers' and yet there are still people on here claiming he is evil personified cloaked in a Greggs Corned beef pasty. Surely thats a good commendation of him as a chairman? (forget the personal stuff, its irrelevant)

Everyone's entitled to their view though but you have to admit that he has done us proud in the last couple of weeks in getting the right man, in the face of competition from others, when he had to be decisive and act quickly. 

Guest Knightrider

Who the fuck agreed Souness was an OK choice Chez? (except Freddy himself)

As for doing us proud? Behave :lol:

The real question thats on everyones lips is simply how long this thread takes to descend into farce?

He has made some howling mistakes in the last 10 years but there were strong arguments 'a priori' for him making those. A lot of people agreed that Souness was an ok choice when he was appointed, far from perfect but adequate. The logic could be seen. For me that was his worse decision by far, then appointing Roeder was his second worse. The Souness decision was one which many thought 'hmm not sure about this but he could sort out the discipline problems'. Personally i was livid and argued incessantly with a Rangers fan at work who loved him. I could see the logic though and thats the key point to understand in top level business decision making. Was there a sound rationale for the decision? If not, then you're an idiot and making poor decisions. Make your own mind up tbh.

We hear today that one of the reasons that Allardyce came was because the 'chairman always backs his managers' and yet there are still people on here claiming he is evil personified cloaked in a Greggs Corned beef pasty. Surely thats a good commendation of him as a chairman? (forget the personal stuff, its irrelevant)

Everyone's entitled to their view though but you have to admit that he has done us proud in the last couple of weeks in getting the right man, in the face of competition from others, when he had to be decisive and act quickly. 

excellent observations.

The manager is the most important person in the club, and for that reason, as I think Allardyce is the man for us, it will be interesting how the previous anti-Shepherd posters change their mind and what their reasons would be, when in fact he's the same chairman as he always was, he - or they - will just have just this time hopefully made the right decision, which in football, is pretty damn difficult.