Allardyce confirmed as Newcastle manager - 3 year deal.

Paully

f****** over the moon, Sam is the man to bring us into a new era.

I'll be happy if he gets us in the top half of the table and 6pts from the f****** scum.  That's the prescription for a successful (attainable)

season, in my opinion.  Howay Big Sam!!!

Guest alex

For one reason or another you get a gut feeling about managers. Unlike the previous two, I'm pretty optimistic about Allardyce doing well here.

Guest Guinness

Just done a one on one interview on SSN stating that he hopes to have the vast majority of transfer activity complete by the 2nd July, yet another positive thing he's said today.

Arrives by helicoptor

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74153577.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932204034FA11B84B802940D31F8C6AAE1

Press conference

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74154120.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932204034FA11B84B847A670FE7FE7AB09

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74154225.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932204034FA11B84B810E46A1C6C18B9C8

Just done a one on one interview on SSN stating that he hopes to have the vast majority of transfer activity complete by the 2nd July, yet another positive thing he's said today.

First read it as 2nd June. :lol:

I particularly like a quote in the Chronicle that he feels part of his job is to "guide the chairman".

Sam's such a big personality, and FFS is in such a vulnerable position, that he will have to take Sam's advice which can only be good for the club. Hopefully a wage structure and attracting players who want to play for the club will be a large part of that advice.

He's good, but he's not that good :)

Guest Guinness

:lol: Would definately be his biggest ever challenge

Guest smoggeordie

Delighted.

Best thing is Freddys broken rib :lol:

Sam asked Freddy to crack open the war chest, Freddy thought he said wor chest.

Quality :lol:

This is more for those outside of Newcastle, ive seen about 2, maybe 3 other Toon fans in my local area of Newry. Say its the same where you are, if we start winning things and become part of a top 5 how will you react if all of a sudden there are more and more Newcastle fans, if we become a typical top 4 club and have our fans who only start supporting when we are going well. Will you judge them in such a way when say your in the pub watching the game with them? What if the glory hunter argument comes up, where does that leave us? We may get slated for being glory hunters or a typical top 4 supporter, how will you react to that?

Me personally i wouldnt give the new supports the time of day, my mates and people in my local know im a Newcastle fan and thats all that matters to me, if anyone calls me a glory hunter ill fuck them off telling them ive been a Newcastle fan my whole life and i couldnt give a shit what they think, because tbh most fans in Ireland (where i live) are glory hunting cunts themselves and i will be furious to be put in that category with them.

I'd welcome fellow supporters i think....not to be too touchy feely but the more the merrier in my opinion. As far as orignal toon fans / life long toon fans....i know how long i've supported them for, i know why i support them thats all that matters...If people called me a glory hunter...i'd just dismiss it...perhaps if they were friends i'd show them my old shirts etc....

This is a highly highly hypothetical situation tho eh? ;D

Guest johnson293

Has anything mentioned any compensation payable to Bolton, or has the wait until the season ended actually worked?

If we have got him without having to pay, then thats another bonus, and cracking piece of business by Shepherd.

Just hope Freddy lets Sam do what needs doing, and sticks to just signing the cheques.

MJ