Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2001/05/08/valencia_leeds/

Leeds United: 1-Nigel Martyn; 18-Danny Mills, 29-Rio Ferdinand, 21-Dominic Matteo, 3-Ian Harte; 4-Olivier Dacourt, 23-David Batty, 19-Eirik Bakke, 10-Harry Kewell; 9-Mark Viduka 17-Alan Smith.

wow. they had a fantastic team back then. Too bad its not like that anymore :lol:

fantastic team that got themselves relegated, and now only Ferdinand can say he has gone on to better things

Yes, Dacourt playing for Roma and then winning the league with Inter was a real step down

Kewell might have won the Champions League with Liverpool but he still pines for Elland Road

Even Viduka achieved more at Boro than he did at Leeds- UEFA Cup runners up and League Cup winner compared to no medals at Leeds

wrong tbh

Guest alex

i live  1 street away from mark vidukas parents, i often used too see him as a junior running around when he lived at home.

I bumped into him not long ago at the local bakery buying bread and we had a good chat like we always do. I joked and said for him to join newcastle as he knows im a massive united fan, and he said that their are several offers his looking at.

Valencia, genoa, man united, pompey, and castle were all clubs chasing the big striker. Now in Australia it's all massive news front and back page news he will be joing my beloved newcastle. I'll have to congratulate him on his wise decision, and ask him for some tickets when i head to the uk on my six week visit of newcastle.

All the best mark, he is brilliant. His stats goal per game is one of the best in the premiership. league games only 369, goals 201 league only.

Champion bloke and   a very down to earth person. 

The toon will be very suprised, for a big man their is nobody in the world with foot skills like mark viduka. Very deadly.

they love him at the riverside just check this out:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBpYV1ZpyUI

[no youtube clips please]

I thought you lived in Sydney Blaydon.

anyone got any idea if this signing is going to be finalised soon? (if infact it is happening).

or is everything hinging on Allaydyce coming back from his holidays and Fat Fred eating his way out of hospital.

Guest Ridzuan

I think Big Sam is back from his holiday and Im very sure that this deal will go through sooner rather than later.

said this morning (think on Footy365), that Allardyce's is back on Monday.

Was back this Monday.

This deal most likely won't be completed though for a atleast a week as Viduka is currently back in Australia.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2001/05/08/valencia_leeds/

Leeds United: 1-Nigel Martyn; 18-Danny Mills, 29-Rio Ferdinand, 21-Dominic Matteo, 3-Ian Harte; 4-Olivier Dacourt, 23-David Batty, 19-Eirik Bakke, 10-Harry Kewell; 9-Mark Viduka 17-Alan Smith.

wow. they had a fantastic team back then. Too bad its not like that anymore :lol:

fantastic team that got themselves relegated, and now only Ferdinand can say he has gone on to better things

Yes, Dacourt playing for Roma and then winning the league with Inter was a real step down

Kewell might have won the Champions League with Liverpool but he still pines for Elland Road

Even Viduka achieved more at Boro than he did at Leeds- UEFA Cup runners up and League Cup winner compared to no medals at Leeds

wrong tbh

Danny Mills went from getting fuck loads of money for not playing particularly well, to getting fuck loads of money for not playing at all. Thats a step up in anyone's language!  :cheesy:

And, unlike Viduka, he did actually win the league cup.

Who cares whether Viduka won some pointless pot? He's still a quality player and he'll show this next year. Haven't City fans anything better to talk about? Like will the new City owner force Ranieri to ditch pre-match pasta for Thai greeny curry with noodles?

Apparentely the hold up is Viduka been down under at the moment.

Aye, probably. If the sources are accurate, i can imagine it'll be a "Thanks for the offer, i'll go and mull over it while i'm on holiday..." sort of scenario. Still confident we'll get him, though.

Guest sittingontheball

I hope we get him. He can be the new Micky Quinn. Minus the tache of course.

I wonder what would have happened if that deal had gone through at the beginning of last season.  Milner had a good year, but I think we'd have finished higher with Viduka instead of Sibi and Rossi. Maybe Shola could have had his op earlier too.

Guest Invicta_Toon

We really must go all out to get Viduka, heaven forbid that he might have to move house, not that he's a lazy fat wanker not bothered about the team he plays for, its all aboot the kids man

We really must go all out to get Viduka, heaven forbid that he might have to move house, not that he's a lazy fat w****** not bothered about the team he plays for, its all aboot the kids man

Is there some asylum seekers you can rob in your Kent hovel instead of being here?  YAFWYNT NH CW

Do Birmingham really need any more f****** strikers? Bendtner, Campbell, Forssell, Cole, McSheffrey, Jerome. They can piss off. I want Viduka.

Bendtner is at Arsenal with a brand new 5 year deal.

Forssell is a perma crock.

Andy Cole will be leaving.

McSheffrey will be on the left wing.

Campbell is more of a mascot for them.

Guest Triglett

He's a talented fuck, but don't you worry that he'll get lazy once he's got the security of a well paid, long term deal? I guess it's less of a risk if he's on a free, but I'd still be wary. To me, he's exactly the kind of signing you usually associate with Newcastle, the only difference being that Fat Sam might make a difference this time.

Viduka is 31 years old, there is no way he's gonna go to Birmingham

They are offering a 3yr contract on big wages. At 31 he might decide security comes ahead of glory. This is the same guy who signed for boro after all.