Benny Benitez: One blunder after another.

Parky

... I still don't feel sorry for the gypsy, thieving, bin-dipping scousers.

I don't "feel sorry" for the pathetic, shoe-waving desperadoes who make up part of your audience when another season comes crashing down in despair, as they all have since the 1950s. But I don't let what joy you may scrape consume me. I think a lot of you do though, and I don't think such bitterness towards superior teams has helped your cause through the years. It can't all be down to poor managers and bad luck, not with the raw materials consistently at your disposal. Need I remind you that a signing you made in 1996 is still more costly than our biggest of all time (though that will likely change this summer)?

who is bitter tonight?

I'm not bitter. I am simply suggesting that certain people would be better off channeling their energy towards what is potentially a very fine club of their own rather than making hideous comments about teams & - worse - people from other cities.

course you are, any real football fan would be spitting blood after losing a big final, no shame in that. and for the record i was sad to see liverpool lose so it's not neccessarily true that a discussion about benitez's tactics is always going to be borne out of bitterness.

Exactly.

Frank - I only felt sorry for Liverpool once I saw Milan celebrate. I just cant stand Stevie G, he was going to fuck off till Liverpool won the CL last time. Also once again we are in the summer & this tosser is talking about another contract, every summer he is either off or getting a new deal. I am glad Liverpool fans sing "WE ALL DREAM OF TEAM OF CARRAGHER's" rather than that snake in the grass Gerrard's name.

Guest Knightrider

I love it how other fans get all defensive when we have a go at them and their clubs (as rival fans on here have shown) yet when the boot is on the other foot with the whole "you've never won fuck all" or "fat beer monsters" etc. we just laugh or nod in agreement, get over yourselves man Frank :lol:

Guest Knightrider

I don't want to hear any more nonsense about Kuyt either. :lol:

He's shit tbh, so glad we stepped aside and allowed Liverpool to sign him. He's a foreign Kevin Davies.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiNdulRGy9wAEyejzbkF/SIG=12t52bnr6/EXP=1180044253/**http%3A//www.sitegigs.nl/wildlifelands/Foto/Cuba/Horse%2520and%2520Cart.jpg

Dirk in action!!!

He's shit tbh, so glad we stepped aside and allowed Liverpool to sign him. He's a foreign Kevin Davies.

Pretty much and to give him the lone role........The mind boggles...He is so slow.

The wild chair throwing golf club swinging Welshman would have caused frights I'm sure.

He's s*** tbh, so glad we stepped aside and allowed Liverpool to sign him. He's a foreign Kevin Davies.

He cost £10 million right?

Yikes. I mean he is alright but yikes!

Guest Knightrider

Some Liverpool fan, in all seriousness, just told me Benitez' tactics were the best he's ever seen. :lol:

To be fair, tactically I'd say he's the best in the Premiership and one of the best in Europe and once again, this is a small blot on an otherwise excellent copybook from Rafa who will no doubt go on to win at least one more CL whether it be with Liverpool or another club. He got it wrong tonight but you can't win them all.

"Rafa Benitez sent scouts out around the world looking for a new striker to replace Michael Owen and hopefully win Liverpool the title. One of the scouts informs him of a young Iraqi striker who he thinks will turn out to be a superstar. The Liverpool manager flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to Anfield. Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to Manchester United with only 20 minutes left to play. The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on he goes. The lad is a sensation, scores 5 in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool. The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star. When the player comes off the pitch he phones his Mum to tell her about his first day in English football. "Hello Mum, guess what?" he says, "I played for 20 minutes today. We were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won. Everyone loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his Mum, "Let me tell you about my day."

"Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and beaten, and your brother has joined a gang of looters, all whilst you were having a great time."

The young lad is very upset.

"What can I say Mum, but I'm SO sorry."

"Sorry!" says his mum, "It's your fault we moved to Liverpool in the first place!"

"Rafa Benitez sent scouts out around the world looking for a new striker to replace Michael Owen and hopefully win Liverpool the title. One of the scouts informs him of a young Iraqi striker who he thinks will turn out to be a superstar. The Liverpool manager flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to Anfield. Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to Manchester United with only 20 minutes left to play. The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on he goes. The lad is a sensation, scores 5 in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool. The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star. When the player comes off the pitch he phones his Mum to tell her about his first day in English football. "Hello Mum, guess what?" he says, "I played for 20 minutes today. We were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won. Everyone loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and beaten, and your brother has joined a gang of looters, all whilst you were having a great time."

"Sorry!" says his mum, "It's your fault we moved to Liverpool in the first place!"

I remember this. Was a couple of seasons ago right?

The young lad was quality. Where did he end up again?

Guest Knightrider

I remember this. Was a couple of seasons ago right?

The young lad was quality. Where did he end up again?

Last seen dipping bins and trying to flog wheel trims to feed his smack habit, tragedy really.

An attacking 3 consisting of Zenden, Pennant and Kuyt are not good enough to win the CL but they were a deflection away from doing so.

Finnan looked like he was injured/knackered so I can understand that substitution although he coulda flung Bellamy on RW and put Pennant as a WRB....

Tactically pretty sound but his substitutions were very poor

An attacking 3 consisting of Zenden, Pennant and Kuyt are not good enough to win the CL but they were a deflection away from doing so.

Finnan looked like he was injured/knackered so I can understand that substitution although he coulda flung Bellamy on RW and put Pennant as a WRB....

Tactically pretty sound but his substitutions were very poor

he shouldn't have started with zenden, pennant and kuyt. he probably had some secret mastermind tactical reason for doing so, rather than playing his strongest team.

For me - no doubting Benitez is an excellent tactician, but he got it wrong tonight. Seemed more worried about stopping Milan (and Kaka) than trying to win the game. Had he gone with a 352, then Liverpool may have had more success. Kaka could have still been man-marked, Gerrard would have been in his preferred position, and Kuyt would have had some support. Instead, lots of posession, with few chances. Dida had little to do in the scheme of things - mind saying that, the same could be said For Reina.

With regards to the Liverpool fan - you sound suspicously like a condescending Manc. Not all of us on here revell in seeing Liverpool lose tonight, so pull your wings in a bit, eh ?

I'm no great lover of Liverpool, but I have no gripe with them either.

Why hasn't anyone told Franky to stick it where the sun don't shine yet? Fucking go find another place to cry. You lost. Your manager did fuck up. And I'm fucking happy because it's fans like you who piss me off the most. Fuck off with your patronising shit and appreciate the fact that what you currently have, won't last. At least I fucking hope so anyway.

wonder if Frank woke up crying this morning... sad twat should go n spread his shittalk to his fellow scouse twats, rather than immediately coming on another teams board. fuckin sad cunt.

Starts totally def even though a better manager would have surmised they had the voodoo over Milan.

Team instructed to use Pennant for first 'out' ball, he carries on by wasting cross after cross if he isn't coming inside.

A hesitant Milan for most of the first half and Mascherano not told to move up a bit.

Gerrard confused in no mans land role.

Brings on Keweeeel who hasn't played for 30 years. When it should have been a striker.

Crouch on too late.

Benitez Clueless.  :nope:

And by the looks of the first half they could have won this. blueyes.gif

Good post, Parky. Describes it exactly how it was. Benitez = idiot. He threw it away. Bringing on Kewell actually made me laugh out loud.

Some Liverpool fan, in all seriousness, just told me Benitez' tactics were the best he's ever seen. :lol:

To be fair, tactically I'd say he's the best in the Premiership and one of the best in Europe and once again, this is a small blot on an otherwise excellent copybook from Rafa who will no doubt go on to win at least one more CL whether it be with Liverpool or another club. He got it wrong tonight but you can't win them all.

:cheesy:

Couldn't be arsed to read this whole thread but if we get a manager who gets us to two champions league finals in 3 years we would be dancing in the streets!

I am sure the Liverpool fans are gutted they have him in charge!

Couldn't be arsed to read this whole thread but if we get a manager who gets us to two champions league finals in 3 years we would be dancing in the streets!

On the contrary they love him. :lol:

On the contrary they love him. :lol:

Theres a shock, a manager that wins them trophies and takes them to finals! They have such low standards those scousers!

It was there to be won last night, they know that and it'll hurt...........should have gone two up front before half-time when they had AC pinned. Pennent is no great shake but he had their left-back everytime, shame he can't cross properly.

Still a cracking manager though.