Derek Boateng

Decky

Guest Peter.Sthlm

....but isn't he Essien's partner in the Ghanian mf? :lol:

That says more about Ghana than Boateng doesn't it?

I think they're developing into quite a good side.

That doesn't mean all players have the quallity to play at the highest level.

By the way.... The mackem player, Tobias Hysén, was probably the best player in the Swedish league during his spell at DIF. Last season he wasn't even regular in the Championship. He had two really good seasons at Djurgården and when we played Juventus in the CL he was fantastic. There was alot of rumours about him ending up in a big European club but he ended up in Sunderland and that says alot about the lack of quallity in our domestic league. Boateng on the other hand didn't even prove himself in our highest league under a long period of time before he left and therefor I can't see him becoming more than a decent back up it in the Premiership.

With that said I do belive Hysén could become a good player in the Premiership so maybe Boateng could develope into a good player for the Premiership but I really doubt it. AIK supporters really overrated him when he was here. I do agree with you that he played good in the WC but the tempo in the WC is much lower than in the Premiership.

That doesn't mean all players have the quallity to play at the highest level.

By the way.... The mackem player, Tobias Hysén, was probably the best player in the Swedish league during his spell at DIF. Last season he wasn't even regular in the Championship. He had two really good seasons at Djurgården and when we played Juventus in the CL he was fantastic. There was alot of rumours about him ending up in a big European club but he ended up in Sunderland and that says alot about the lack of quallity in our domestic league. Boateng on the other hand didn't even prove himself in our highest league under a long period of time before he left and therefor I can't see him becoming more than a decent back up it in the Premiership.

With that said I do belive Hysén could become a good player in the Premiership so maybe Boateng could develope into a good player for the Premiership but I really doubt it. AIK supporters really overrated him when he was here. I do agree with you that he played good in the WC but the tempo in the WC is much lower than in the Premiership.

Good post and I agree he is a long shot, but at something around £1m well worth the gamble.

Btw your point regarding tempo is a good one, but I feel this affects Spanish and Italian players far more than African background players.

I would take him for the 1m price that is supposedly the deal. I mean after all a player coming from Swedish league can be a major hit. I mean Ljungberg, Larsson, Zlatan and Afonso Alves (which now plays for Herenveen and scored 34 goals this season, hes in the Brazilian squad to face England). I would easily take him for 1m its worth the risk and he cant be all worse then the 2m we payed for Amdy Faye.

We might as well just wait for the bloke to arrive to see how he does. Don't write him oof just yet. You only have to look at the likes of Chimbonda to understand that there are good players who are hidden in some pretty remote places.

2006 WC

Ghana 2 usa 0

Ghana 2 Czech Republic 0

He played 45 minutes in both matches, dropped against Italy and played the final 30 min against Brazil (Round of 16)...

He's an alright player, don't think he'll make it in the Premiership though

Looks like Sam rates him. Can't do any worse than backpass Parker.

Classic case,

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=40825.0

the only people who know anything about him say he's not good enough for the PL.

If we sell Parker and Dyer, then sign this guy plus an AM, i dont think we'll be any better off. We need to flog Dyer n Parker, and buy 2 midfielders who are better than Emre and Butt.

If we're after africans then we should sign Boka.

Good shout.

Think we should get Kingston in, heard nothing but good reports about him in Scotland and seems a very dynamic player and a bit of a cult hero to boost. The Russian club that owns him only want about 500k for him which would be worth a gamble in anyones book.

Good shout.

Think we should get Kingston in, heard nothing but good reports about him in Scotland and seems a very dynamic player and a bit of a cult hero to boost. The Russian club that owns him only want about 500k for him which would be worth a gamble in anyones book.

Because our last superstar signing from Scotland turned out well. In my opinion we shouldn't go anywhere near someone who hasn't proven himself in a decent league yet.

Good shout.

Because our last superstar signing from Scotland turned out well. In my opinion we shouldn't go anywhere near someone who hasn't proven himself in a decent league yet.

Difference is our last signing from Scotland cost £8m, was brought in as a key player at the heart of our defence and was managed by Souness!

Good shout.

Hahahahahaha!

Good shout.

Hardly costing £8m is he? Should we wait untill he proves himself and the the price becomes extorinate?

The Ghana midfield is usually Essien, Appiah, Muntari and Kingston who are all very good players.

Saying this fella is Essien's midfield partner is wide of the mark. Never really heard of him.

The Ghana midfield is usually Essien, Appiah, Muntari and Kingston who are all very good players.

Saying this fella is Essien's midfield partner is wide of the mark. Never really heard of him.

Apologies for the dig in the article....What I meant was Parker is totally unsuited to your club as he is ours.

Good shout.

Hardly costing £8m is he? Should we wait untill he proves himself and the the price becomes extorinate?

It's not like were exactly short of cash now is it. If we are aiming for the CL in the next few years we should not be going for this type of player. When did you last see one of the top 4 signing a player with his sort of background.

Also it seems utterly bizarre Sam would want a new DM when we have Butt and Parker who we know are very capable DM and most likely miles better than this guy from Hearts and that Boateng.

Sam showed at Bolton that you can only take a team of cheap imports so far before you hit a brick wall.

Will people never learn!?!

How many big-name players have we bought over the last decade?

And where has it got us?

The answers are:

Loads.

Fucking nowhere!!

We need to be building a decent squad before we start buying luxury players, you lot are trying to hang the curtains before we've even laid the foundations!! No matter how much money comes into the club, we're still going to need decent players who can do a job, but won't think they're the dog's bollocks and whinge like fuck when they don't get their own way. Look at how much money Chelsea, and even more so Real, have wasted chasing a team of Galacticos. The players that have been a success at Chelsea are specifically not the ones that were bought more for the name on the shirt rather than the player inside it. Crespo, Shevchenko (I still reckon he'll turn it around like), Veron, etc, etc, all flops, flops that were bought for glamour and not footballing logic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us bring in 5 or 6 players this summer for what we'd usually pay for one, at last someone with a brain is running our transfer policy, thank fuck for that!! :D

Good shout.

It's not like were exactly short of cash now is it. If we are aiming for the CL in the next few years we should not be going for this type of player. When did you last see one of the top 4 signing a player with his sort of background.

Also it seems utterly bizarre Sam would want a new DM when we have Butt and Parker who we know are very capable DM and most likely miles better than this guy from Hearts and that Boateng.

Sam showed at Bolton that you can only take a team of cheap imports so far before you hit a brick wall.

Well the papers have hit on a figure of £45 million, which could be true - on the other hand it could be total shite. Have you tried cutting up this £45m figure with potential signings for all the areas we need to strengthen if every single player we sign is ready made 'top four' quality that sum of money doesnt go very far. Chelsea have signed Sidwell - hardly CL quality but he's cheap and adds depth to thier squad. We could add 4 players (Boateng, Kingston, Viduka & Ben Haim) for the grand total of £1.5 million. If they dont work out then its unlucky, if they do we'll have done a fucking fantastic deal. Would you rather we signed a expensive player and when they get injured we are stuck with playing matty pattison in midfield?

I saw Boateng play quite a few times in Sweden when he was with AIK. He improved during his last season and was one of the major reasons they climed back to the topflight in one season, but he failed to make an impact that was even close to the likes of Afonso Alves (scored 34 in 31 for Heerenveen this season), so I don't think he's a player that Sam should be looking at if he wants to finish within the top 6 of the Premiership.

Will people never learn!?!

How many big-name players have we bought over the last decade?

And where has it got us?

The answers are:

Loads.

f****** nowhere!!

We need to be building a decent squad before we start buying luxury players, you lot are trying to hang the curtains before we've even laid the foundations!! No matter how much money comes into the club, we're still going to need decent players who can do a job, but won't think they're the dog's bollocks and whinge like f*** when they don't get their own way. Look at how much money Chelsea, and even more so Real, have wasted chasing a team of Galacticos. The players that have been a success at Chelsea are specifically not the ones that were bought more for the name on the shirt rather than the player inside it. Crespo, Shevchenko (I still reckon he'll turn it around like), Veron, etc, etc, all flops, flops that were bought for glamour and not footballing logic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us bring in 5 or 6 players this summer for what we'd usually pay for one, at last someone with a brain is running our transfer policy, thank f*** for that!! :D

You only have to look at Man u too .... not exactly all world beaters when they were bought, although they were expensive.

Van Nistelrooy had only really done it in Holland.

Ronaldo had only done it in Sporting Lisbon's reserves?

Rooney was very much on the rise but hadn't really achieved anything out of this world at Everton.

Carrick was good for Tottenham but wasn't exactly a Riquelme or any of the sexier names out there.

Even Hargreaves as good as he is, isn't exactly a typical superstar signing.

Throw Vidic in there as well. No one even knew who he was!!!

Guest olybomp

What's the worst that can happen? Let's face it, if Allardyce buys this guy for £1 million and he ends up not being cut out for the Premiership, it will have been one of NUFC's cheapest mistakes ever.

Oh nooo not Derek Boateng!! He was  terrible in sweden!!!