Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

So many different prices being reported but £7mill  seems to be the most common price in the papers.

I'd still snap their hand off, but then even in the current market I'd take £1m for him. He's hopeless. Sooner he's gone the better.

Thank f*** you aren't chairmen then although it does explain a lot regarding your support for Shepherd. Buy high, sell low, the HTL/Shepherd guide to Business.

With this deal we are making between £0.5m and £2m depending which report you believe - While the BBC claim a £7m bid, there are still loads claiming it to be a £8.5m bid.

If Parker doesn't want to be here anymore, either due to upset with supporters or simply that his family haven't settled/never came with him, then I think its best to let him go - at least we aren't losing money on a deal for a change!

Just the £5m we paid him plus his signing on fee.

Would have been something satisfying though about taking £16m for Parker & Jenas from the Spuds.

load of bollocks tbh. Why would we be interested in Parker. Simply dosent make sense.

oh thanks for jenas though.

Apparently you just bid for him (and we rejected it), he is a spuds fan btw.

They've got no pride, he's already rejected them once.

Guest exilim

It will be bad if barton comes in and the next thing we know, english football associations suspends him for 6 months. lol

Story continues with barton attacking martins from behind as he thought that martins wasn't able to catch him while he runs away like navarro. He did the same with Dabo, yes.

Few weeks later we will see dyer and barton throwing their boots at each other, the new era of bowyer/dyer.

Thumbs Up.

Would have been something satisfying though about taking £16m for Parker & Jenas from the Spuds.

load of bollocks tbh. Why would we be interested in Parker. Simply dosent make sense.

No problem mate, by the way hows mobile phone sales doing down there?

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

tbh youre spot on(first time)  if this is true.

Guest NUFCnutter

I would have driven Jenas down for you! He is a complete prat and not even that good a footballer. I was over the moon when you took him.

Guest smoggeordie

Fee Agreed with West Ham - 7 million.

West Ham are believed to be close to sealing a £7m deal for Newcastle captain Scott Parker after fighting off late interest from Tottenham.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury held late-night talks with Parker's representatives following Spurs' move.

Parker is reportedly set to meet West Ham officials on Thursday after a fee was agreed with the Magpies.

The England midfielder, 26, played under Hammers boss Alan Curbishley when they were both at Charlton.

West Ham are in the market for a central midfielder, with skipper Nigel Reo-Coker set to move this summer.

Parker spent seven years with Curbishley at The Valley and made his England debut against Denmark in 2003 before completing a £10m move to Chelsea.

But with first-team opportunities limited at Stamford Bridge, he moved to St James' Park in a £6.5m deal in 2005 and was made skipper last summer.

However, reports suggested Parker struggled to settle in the north-east and was targeting a move south.

New Newcastle manager Allardyce is believed to be eyeing out-of-favour Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton as a potential replacement.

It looks like Parker has decided to leave and for £7m (or £8.5m as was reported first) i would take it. Although, i hope we get some players in soon because the squad was thin last season and is even thinner now.

One thing that was always said about Parker was that we won more games when he wasn't playing compared to when he was.

So gone are:

Pav

Bramble

Moore

Gooch

Bernard

Following soon:

Parker

Sib (unless he agrees to stay for 1 year instead of the 2 he is seeking)

So thats 7 players gone and thats probably not even the end of players yet to leave and bringing in a total of just 7m. Also only one of these players likely to be on big wages is Parker so not saving too much on the wage bill.

We knew before getting rid of any players we desperately needed to boost the squad numbers, now with 7 gone and counting how many players do you think Sam needs to bring in?

PS I would have made a new thread but being one of those unfairly penalised for not having been a too frequent poster I couldn't. Perhaps if I had started pointless threads and made pointless replies I would have reached the 100 posts or so required to start threads.

Guest meursault1

twice in fact

What an excellent bit of business that is. :) Don't get bluddy Barton though! As someone said - Sidewards step. We could do worse than Tugay for a year or two imo, someone who can play that killer ball.

What an excellent bit of business that is. :) Don't get bluddy Barton though! As someone said - Sidewards step. We could do worse than Tugay for a year or two imo, someone who can play that killer ball.

:uglystupid2:

tugay? are you serious? im pretty sure he is about 33!

we have already got emre, who was always hindered by parker imo.

Guest gggg

You're pretty wrong, he's 36 and 37 in august.  :lol:

that makes the suggestion even more stupid!!!

if eldiablo has his way, tugay will be making the 'killer pass' for us when he is knockin on 40!

jesus wept!

:uglystupid2:

we have already got emre, who was always hindered by parker imo.

Hmm, I think Emre and Tugay would do well. Let Tugay just sit back and play it about whilst letting Emre go forward. Obviously he couldn't manage every game and would probably play second fiddle to Butt, which Parker was doing anyway. Like a said at least he can pass and will get create opportunities. Maybe for a year or something.

Just looking at different options, I'd honestly prefer someone like Tugay for a year than Barton for three or four years.

Edit - and well if he really is that old then maybe not :lol: I wasn't suggesting Tugay and Tugay only, just his type of player.

Guest gggg

that makes the suggestion even more stupid!!!

if eldiablo has his way, tugay will be making the 'killer pass' for us when he is knockin on 40!

jesus wept!

We'll need someone youthfull like Sheringham to slot it home when he's 45

So gone are:

Pav

Bramble

Moore

Gooch

Bernard

Following soon:

Parker

So thats 7 players gone and thats probably not even the end of players yet to leave and bringing in a total of just 7m. Also only one of these players likely to be on big wages is Parker so not saving too much on the wage bill.

We knew before getting rid of any players we desperately needed to boost the squad numbers, now with 7 gone and counting how many players do you think Sam needs to bring in?

PS I would have made a new thread but being one of those unfairly penalised for not having been a too frequent poster I couldn't. Perhaps if I had started pointless threads and made pointless replies I would have reached the 100 posts or so required to start threads.

As much as people wont want to believe it I reckon Moore (free transfer) and Bramble (been here for years) will have been on a fair whack!

So gone are:

Pav

Bramble

Moore

Gooch

Bernard

Following soon:

Parker

As much as people wont want to believe it I reckon Moore (free transfer) and Bramble (been here for years) will have been on a fair whack!

Moore was on £10k pw, not sure what Bramble was on but he came from the Championship and never signed a contract extension in his time here.