Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Yakubu has proven he can score goals in the Premiership for the last 4 years and has worked brilliantly alongside Viduka at the Boro.

I used to like him way back, he was an absolute beast when we played Pompey in the first league game at the CoMS, unplayable. Came back 18 months later at the end of the season Perrin was in charge, jeebus, it was like the rest of the team had repeatedly run over his cat. Could not be arsed one bit. Had a downer on him since. Can see he picks his games, he hardly ever scores past february. And if you're gonna sign Viduka, I think you do well to avoid having two game-picking mercenaries in your side, didn't exactly work out for Boro in the long run...

Got them to a UEFA Cup Final and between them were the two main reasons Boro stayed comfortable mid-table last season rather than relegation, so not too bad I'd say.

Do you know how many goals Yakubu scored in the latter stages of that UEFA Cup?

Got them to a UEFA Cup Final and between them were the two main reasons Boro stayed comfortable mid-table last season rather than relegation, so not too bad I'd say.

Do you know how many goals Yakubu scored in the latter stages of that UEFA Cup?

7806 ?  one may have been markede as an own goal though.

Not that many I'd imagine.

One, a penalty, and only got two in the whole competition, the other being against Dnipro at home. One hell of a step to say he had anything to do with them getting there. Overrated.

Well, that's that, then. No hard feeling towards the lad, just a move that didn't work out for either party which is a shame as he seemed to take to the club at first and vice versa.

Guest Invicta_Toon

anyone who thinks getting rid of Parker is a good idea is an idiot, I don't care if you believe me or not

basically our central midfield is now Emre and Butt, which is shite

but of course, Fat Sam will probably unearth Diego Swarfega in the next few weeks, and we'll win the league

Guest alex

anyone who thinks getting rid of Parker is a good idea is an idiot, I don't care if you believe me or not

basically our central midfield is now Emre and Butt, which is shite

but of course, Fat Sam will probably unearth Diego Swarfega in the next few weeks, and we'll win the league

You reckon?

basically our central midfield is now Emre and Butt, which is s****

What impressed you so much about Parker that made you want him to stay and think that selling him for £7 million was a mistake?

You for got to mention Dyer.

;D

Personally I dont think Parker was gong to stay no matter what.  Him leaving suits both parties.

We are actually going to sell Parker! :lol:

I just hope Big Sam  gets someone who's better, i.e he is selling our best CM and keeping Nicky Butt and Emre!

Don't be silly, anyone who's watched Newcastle in the past 2 years will tell you we've played our best football with Butt and Emre in midfield.

What impressed you so much about Parker that made you want him to stay and think that selling him for £7 million was a mistake?

Cockney bruvverhood, guvnor.