David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Most boring transfer of the summer so far, and that's not just for us.

Average player no on has ever heard of, low fee, only two clubs in for him, neither sets of fans are arsed about the transfer, no direct quotes from the player or NUFC, just yo-yo comments from the French & German camps.

It might just work out. Given our history of spending big to try and sort out the defence. I know what you mean though.

Guest Toon83

People should trust Big Sam with who he brings in, Viduka and Barton are great signings and if Allardyce sees something in Rozehnal then why shouldnt he be good enough for Newcastle?

Average player - If no one has ever seen him how do you know hes average.

If he was something special everyone would of heard of him.

At hiss age he's done his learning, he's not one for the future, and the PSG fans dont even know what his best position is, at 26, that's very Aaron Hughes of him.  :lol:

People should trust Big Sam with who he brings in, Viduka and Barton are great signings and if Allardyce sees something in Rozehnal then why shouldnt he be good enough for Newcastle?

I do trust him, i expect him to be worth the £3m figure, but thats an average squad player in the EPL, nothing more.

Average player no on has ever heard of, low fee, only two clubs in for him, neither sets of fans are arsed about the transfer, no direct quotes from the player or NUFC, just yo-yo comments from the French & German camps.

It might just work out. Given our history of spending big to try and sort out the defence. I know what you mean though.

Like i just commented, i reckon he's a squad player nothing more, the fee reflects that, but we do need those types of players, but it doesn't detract from the most boring transfer of the summer so far!  :lol:

I'm not certain you realise just how many lemons Allardyce has bought in the past.

Ben Haim only cost Bolton £150k, same as Toure cost Arsenal - bit harsh saying the lad will only ever be a squad player just because of the fee.

I couldn't give a toss if it's boring if he's any good. Better than pissing nearly £10m away on Babayaro and Boumsong.

Ben Haim only cost Bolton £150k, same as Toure cost Arsenal - bit harsh saying the lad will only ever be a squad player just because of the fee.

I couldn't give a toss if it's boring if he's any good. Better than pissing nearly £10m away on Babayaro and Boumsong.

True about the last line, but both of those examples were young at the time, both are still younger than Rozy now, and both were plucked from obscurity.

You could say Rozy is almost on top of his game.

True that. The price tag ultimately means nothing.

I dont think anyone is expecting him to be world class. Like you say if he was something special we would know about him.

That said, doesnt mean he isnt solid. Plenty of players out there that could do a solid job for us or any side without being world class. Strikes me as a squad booster, basically the signing Craig Moore was supposed to be.. but hopefully alot better and less injury prone.

As for the PSG fans not knowing what his best position is, I wasnt aware he had played anywhere other than central defence and filling in as a defensive midfielder for the first half of this season.

Seeing as we are short on CB's and only have Butt as a proper DM I dont think we could complain at getting the PSG and French Select team player of the year, not to mention his international experience. Sounds like good back up to me for little cost, and a step up from what we had (we hope).

At hiss age he's done his learning, he's not one for the future, and the PSG fans dont even know what his best position is, at 26, that's very Aaron Hughes of him.  :lol:

Did Aaron Hughes ever get player of the year then?...  The negativity surounding this transfer is becoming tiresome.  People keep claiming this guy must be average because he's not well known and keep bringing up this supposed info from PSG fans saying they don't know what his best position is.  But the overiding fact is these same fans voted him player of the season and the French as a whole chose him as one of the best two central defenders in the league..  Say whatever you want about the French league but its not that poor..  This all points towards Rozehnal being a good player IMO, not great but not average either.

I'm not certain you realise just how many lemons Allardyce has bought in the past.

People learn from their mistakes, tbf...

Did Aaron Hughes ever get player of the year then?...  The negativity surounding this transfer is becoming tiresome.  People keep claiming this guy must be average because he's not well known and keep bringing up this supposed info from PSG fans saying they don't know what his best position is.  But the overiding fact is these same fans voted him player of the season and the french as a whole chose him as one of the best two central defenders in the league..  Say whatever you want about the French league but its not that poor..

Fair comment.  Can't believe people are so short sighted that they will moan about Rozenhal before he's even kicked a ball for us.

Judge him once he's played in a back and white shirt!

People learn from their mistakes, tbf...

I'd be interested to see them listed, along with the transfer fee's paid...

Did Aaron Hughes ever get player of the year then?...  The negativity surounding this transfer is becoming tiresome.  People keep claiming this guy must be average because he's not well known and keep bringing up this supposed info from PSG fans saying they don't know what his best position is.  But the overiding fact is these same fans voted him player of the season and the french as a whole chose him as one of the best two central defenders in the league..  Say whatever you want about the French league but its not that poor..

Agreed. I think some people on here are expecting this guy to come in and be the new Woodgate for example - i.e. a (potential) young star CB who we'll base the defense around.

He's not, I think we're interested in him because he's a solid, experienced, dependable, international class defender who will help tighten things up at the back. A no-risk purchase (he's not known to be unreliable or prone to error-making, and at approx £3m he's not a huge gamble in financial terms either).

usually agree with you but what the f***?

no one has ever heard of? you kidding or what

This is one of the exact reasons i wanted Allardyce to come in as manager. £3m for an experienced International centre back. We do not need the Hollywood signings at the minute. Roeder wanted to bring in Curtis Davies and Gareth Bale. He would have had to spend over £15m to get them two to the club probably, and neither of them are proven or experienced. If Roeder had of had his way next season we would have probably been lining up with a defence of Carr, Taylor, Davies and Bale. As it happens we are now probably gonna get 3 new defenders plus backup in for the price he would have paid for them two. And i am pretty confident they will be good defenders as well.

Newcastle United seem on course to secure the signing of Paris Saint Germain's David Rozehnal.

Borussia Dortmund had been competing with Newcastle for the signature of the Czech central defender.

However, Borussia are now reported to have pulled out as they cannot agree terms with PSG.

That has left the path open for Newcastle - who are understood to have increased their original £2million offer to closer to £3million.

Rozehnal was known to prefer a switch Borussia, but a move to Newcastle is still sure to appeal to the 26-year-old.

One of the player's agents Pavel Zika is confident that a deal with Newcastle will soon be sealed.

"I presume that the negotiations will soon end in an agreement," he told CTK.

One possible replacement for Rozehnal could be former Tottenham youngster Jon Joensson.

Joensson is currently with Elfsborg back in his homeland but he is said to be attracting strong interest from PSG.

"I haven't heard anything." Joensson told Expressen.

"If an offer comes, it would be really fun.

"If there is interest from a club where I can develop and at the same time, it's right for Elfsborg, I can move."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472758&CPID=24&clid=149&lid=3&title=Toon+favourites+for+Czech&channel=&

when it comes to the defence we are really short if this guy turns out to be average then it is still decent business, no one unless they have played week in week out in the prem will be a gamble you just have to keep the faith with the manager which finally i think we can start to, got to be better than the last two numpties.

Guest Toon83

Newcastle United seem on course to secure the signing of Paris Saint Germain's David Rozehnal.

Borussia Dortmund had been competing with Newcastle for the signature of the Czech central defender.

However, Borussia are now reported to have pulled out as they cannot agree terms with PSG.

That has left the path open for Newcastle - who are understood to have increased their original £2million offer to closer to £3million.

Rozehnal was known to prefer a switch Borussia, but a move to Newcastle is still sure to appeal to the 26-year-old.

One of the player's agents Pavel Zika is confident that a deal with Newcastle will soon be sealed.

"I presume that the negotiations will soon end in an agreement," he told CTK.

One possible replacement for Rozehnal could be former Tottenham youngster Jon Joensson.

Joensson is currently with Elfsborg back in his homeland but he is said to be attracting strong interest from PSG.

"I haven't heard anything." Joensson told Expressen.

"If an offer comes, it would be really fun.

"If there is interest from a club where I can develop and at the same time, it's right for Elfsborg, I can move."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472758&CPID=24&clid=149&lid=3&title=Toon+favourites+for+Czech&channel=&

SSN website changes its mind more every five minutes, yesterday they had a story where Dortmund were favourites now its us, there clowns just jumping on the bandwagon that started with nufc.com and then the chronicle

I haven't really much knowledge of Rozehnal as an individual, only that he is part of an excellent Czech back four, in a team which value teamwork and work ethic.

The Czechs are a Boltonesque side as such, and the hope would be that Rozehnal is being signed to become part of a well drilled unit, as seen with Bolton and the Czech Republic.

Gab Marcotti sang his praises tonight on the rumour mill... Thought he would make a good number 2 CH to play alongside a stronger more agressive partner. Very quick and comfortable on the ball... guess he'd be worth £5-6mil so could be getting a bargain if all is true.

Where is this exactly?

Just to confirm what Dave was guessing...The Rumour Mill is on Talksport on a Monday 9.30ish-10. Gab Marcotti is a pretty good judge of a player.

SKYSPORTS.COM IS THE OLD PLANETFOOTBALL.COM.

IT HAS NO LINK TO SKY SPORTS NEWS OTHER THAN IN NAME.

THEY ARE STILL THE SAME BULLSHIT MERCHANTS THEY ALWAYS WERE.

Thanks for reading.