Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It seems to be quite generally accepted on here that Barton is a better player than Parker, whereas I cant really comment as I havent seen much of Barton. But while I'm not disappointed that he is signing for us (other than a little concerned about his attitude) I am disappointed that Parker has decided he wants to leave. I think he was a fantastic player in his first season for us and gave 100% every game, but he was played out of position last season. I think with a new manager coming in that is likely to use him to good effect as a DM, he should have stayed.

If Curbishley uses him correctly (which he most likely will since he had him at Charlton) then West Ham have signed a very good player.

too little has been made of Sam not at least persuading Parker to stay for another season within a new set-up under a different chairman imho

What evidence do you have to suggest that he didnt ?

We can only guess at what was discussed between them

maybe,just maybe,allardyce didn't want to persuade him to stay and was quite happy for him to go so he could have the cash for squad building

I would tend to agree so we must back him up in his decision if that be the case.

To suggest he just couldnt be bothered to try and speak to him is utter rubbish and idle speculation

Guest smoggeordie

Rumour doing the rounds on the Man City board that we're getting him for 2.5million, significantly less than the 5.5m release clause, due to the fact the all the players want rid of him after what he did to Dabo,

Rumour doing the rounds on the Man City board that we're getting him for 2.5million, significantly less than the 5.5m release clause, due to the fact the all the players want rid of him after what he did to Dabo,

:lol:

So, we'd effectively be paid £6m to improve our midfield.

Surely too good to be true.

So, we'd effectively be paid £6m to improve our midfield.

Surely too good to be true.

Would be an immense deal if true.

Alan Shearer.................Peter Beardsley.......................Les Ferdinand.................Joey Barton :rolleyes:

Sad day for the beautiful game in general and Newcastle in particular imho.  Can't believe SBR would ever have signed him.

Alan Shearer.................Peter Beardsley.......................Les Ferdinand.................Joey Barton :rolleyes:

Sad day for the beautiful game in general and Newcastle in particular imho.  Can't believe SBR would ever have signed him.

Des Hamilton....... Fumaca....... Amdy Faye....... Joey Barton.

He signed Bowyer.

can list a lot worse players than Barton in that to be fair in terms of ability and in terms of being a c*nt Bobby signed Woodgate and Bowyer.

He signed Bowyer.

Beat me to it.

Guest smoggeordie

Lee Bowyer...............Jermaine Jenas..............Keyring Dire............Joey Barton  tbh

Alan Shearer............Peter Beardsley............Sir Les Ferdinand............Shay Given

All club signs it's share of tossers and it's share of legends. Sir Bob signed Bowyer remember.

What is the correlation though?

Sad day for the beautiful game? Are you for real?

This is an astoundingly stupid post. He isn't the first player that we have signed who has some issues is he. Who signed Bowyer and Robert then? I'd rather have him than those two idiots. At least Joey is a 100% committed on the field.

Guest TheOrder

Fuck off :).

Guest smoggeordie

What is the correlation though?

This is an astoundingly stupid post. He isn't the first player that we have signed who has some issues is he. Who signed Bowyer and Robert then? I'd rather have him than those two idiots. At least Joey is a 100% committed on the field.

I'd rather have Robert tbh in his prime. Frustrating as fuck but would average over double figures in goals and zillions of assists a season.

So Barton is a bit of a twat off the field. A lot of a twat, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

What a lucky escape. I'm so glad he didn't devote the best part of his career to my club ....

I'm sensing a bit of bitterness here. I know quite a few Tottenham fans wanted him at the Lane next season, especially after Parker told you lot where to go.

Aaaaah well at least you'll have Harry Kewell soon enough.

So Barton is a bit of a twat off the field. A lot of a twat, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

What a lucky escape. I'm so glad he didn't devote the best part of his career to my club ....

OMG wot a shid post!1

Well Keane wanted him at Sunderland, i think he'd have been amazing there, so glad that didn't happen.

Hopefully it will work out, i think he'll settle down away from home and when he realises his career has been given a fresh start.

So Barton is a bit of a t*** off the field. A lot of a t***, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

I've always though Barton was most similar to Roy Keane in temperament than any of the other idiots he has been compared to like Bowyer.

Keane is seen as some kind of legend though ... go figure.

Not surprised to here that Sunderland was one of the other teams most interested in getting him. No doubt Keane sees a bit of himself in the lad.

Guest gggg

He's no Jermaine Jenas is he mackems.gif

Terrible post tbh.  :-[

Hell of a difference though in the abilities of Roy Keane and Joey Barton.

So Barton is a bit of a t*** off the field. A lot of a t***, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

Hell of a difference though in the abilities of Roy Keane and Joey Barton.

That sooooooooooo wasn't/isn't the point dude ...

So what your essentially saying is that it is alright to have a horrific character as long as your as good as Keane was?

Guest khyberpass

cant help thinking we are losing a top notch professional gent for a scum of the earth psycho... :tickedoff:

i love to win; but selling our soul to the devil.....

i really hope Barton proves to be a great signing and a reformed character...but a lot of you have quoted Bowyer already as a reason why its ok for Sam to sign Barton....did that work out... :nope: