Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Barton is a bit of a twat off the field. A lot of a twat, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

What a lucky escape. I'm so glad he didn't devote the best part of his career to my club ....

Hell of a difference though in the abilities of Roy Keane and Joey Barton.

Indeed, but the people slagging him off for his (admittedly somewhat mardy-arsed) temperament might want to reflect on what they prefer, a team of losing nice guys, or a team with a few nasty cunts which wins things.

At the end of the day, Fat Sam wanted him, you've got to put trust in his judgement.

cant help thinking we are losing a top notch professional gent for a scum of the earth psycho... :tickedoff:

On footballing ability alone, if you asked one randomly selected fan of each of the other 19 clubs in the premiership which player they'd take given the choice, Parker or Barton, I'd be surprised if 5 went for Parker.

cant help thinking we are losing a top notch professional gent for a scum of the earth psycho... :tickedoff:

i love to win; but selling our soul to the devil.....

i really hope Barton proves to be a great signing and a reformed character...but a lot of you have quoted Bowyer already as a reason why its ok for Sam to sign Barton....did that work out... :nope:

Going a tad overboard, he's not a child killer, he's just an aggressive lad who's frustrated with his situation.

Now for some reason when Bowyer signed you just knew he was a nasty cunt, a horror, but in the eyes of the law he did less than Woody who we all knew just made a mistake as he is a but thick, with Barton there's a slight warming to him like Woody, you hope the bad boy can come good, with Bowyer you just wanted the fuker out ASAP.

So Barton is a bit of a twat off the field. A lot of a twat, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

What a lucky escape. I'm so glad he didn't devote the best part of his career to my club ....

Indeed, but the people slagging him off for his (admittedly somewhat mardy-arsed) temperament might want to reflect on what they prefer, a team of losing nice guys, or a team with a few nasty cunts which wins things.

At the end of the day, Fat Sam wanted him, you've got to put trust in his judgement.

We do all have faith in Allahdyce to sort this character out.

I agree with your general point too.

Alan Shearer.................Peter Beardsley.......................Les Ferdinand.................Joey Barton :rolleyes:

Sad day for the beautiful game in general and Newcastle in particular imho.  Can't believe SBR would ever have signed him.

I'm sensing a bit of bitterness here. I know quite a few Tottenham fans wanted him at the Lane next season, especially after Parker told you lot where to go.

Aaaaah well at least you'll have Harry Kewell soon enough.

You're not sensing any bitterness from me, I wouldn't want him anywhere near WHL and whilst I know there were some Spurs fans who would have been happy to sign him, almost all of the ones I know felt the same as me.  IIRC, SBR never signed a player who had put out a cigar in a teammate's eye.

So Barton is a bit of a t*** off the field. A lot of a t***, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

Indeed, but the people slagging him off for his (admittedly somewhat mardy-arsed) temperament might want to reflect on what they prefer, a team of losing nice guys, or a team with a few nasty c***s which wins things.

big sam  in religous conversion shocker

Guest gggg

i love to win; but selling our soul to the devil.....

Like Man Utd did with Keane and Cantona in the team? Give me that success over some good old proffesionals and no silverware anyday.

On footballing ability alone, if you asked one randomly selected fan of each of the other 19 clubs in the premiership which player they'd take given the choice, Parker or Barton, I'd be surprised if 5 went for Parker.

I wouldn't be, infact i reckon the majority would go for Parker. Because not every manager in the Premiership is as good a man-manager as Allardyce. People would take Parker due to the comparison of reputations.

Guest smoggeordie

So Barton is a bit of a t*** off the field. A lot of a t***, in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Keane regularly get this kind of press, and didn't he also get involved in some nastiness involving him twatting a bird whilst out on the piss?

Indeed, but the people slagging him off for his (admittedly somewhat mardy-arsed) temperament might want to reflect on what they prefer, a team of losing nice guys, or a team with a few nasty c***s which wins things.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

All hail the worker of miracles.

Magpies want Joey jail break

By BEN KINSELLA

June 04, 2007

NEWCASTLE have insisted on a get out of jail card as they prepare to welcome bad-boy Joey Barton.

The fiery Manchester City midfielder, 24, is expected to complete a £5.5million switch today.

But Toon have insisted on a contract clause to protect the club if Barton is charged by police and jailed over his bust-up with Ousmane Dabo.

Barton was arrested and quizzed by cops over the alleged assault on his team-mate and if he is jailed, is almost certain to dumped by Toon.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is prepared to take a risk on Barton, who also stubbed a cigar out in a team-mate’s face.

The deal was conditional on midfielder Scott Parker rejoining his old boss Alan Curbishley at West Ham.

Parker yesterday agreed personal terms and the Hammers are due to unveil their £8m signing today.

Barton, expected to sign a three-year £40,000-a-week deal, said: “It’s always nice to be wanted.

“Sam Allardyce is a good manager and did a great job at Bolton getting them into Europe this season.

“At one point they were close to the Champions League, on a shoestring budget.

“He has taken on a very big club in Newcastle and if he does half the job there that he did with Bolton, the sky’s the limit.”

Barton’s City deal had a clause allowing him to move to any club which offered £5.5m.

His imminent move to St James’ Park will dash any hopes West Ham skipper Nigel Reo-Coker had of moving to the North East. But Aston Villa remain interested in him.

Magpies want Joey jail break

By BEN KINSELLA

June 04, 2007

NEWCASTLE have insisted on a get out of jail card as they prepare to welcome bad-boy Joey Barton.

The fiery Manchester City midfielder, 24, is expected to complete a £5.5million switch today.

But Toon have insisted on a contract clause to protect the club if Barton is charged by police and jailed over his bust-up with Ousmane Dabo.

Barton was arrested and quizzed by cops over the alleged assault on his team-mate and if he is jailed, is almost certain to dumped by Toon.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is prepared to take a risk on Barton, who also stubbed a cigar out in a team-mate’s face.

The deal was conditional on midfielder Scott Parker rejoining his old boss Alan Curbishley at West Ham.

Parker yesterday agreed personal terms and the Hammers are due to unveil their £8m signing today.

Barton, expected to sign a three-year £40,000-a-week deal, said: “It’s always nice to be wanted.

“Sam Allardyce is a good manager and did a great job at Bolton getting them into Europe this season.

“At one point they were close to the Champions League, on a shoestring budget.

“He has taken on a very big club in Newcastle and if he does half the job there that he did with Bolton, the sky’s the limit.”

Barton’s City deal had a clause allowing him to move to any club which offered £5.5m.

His imminent move to St James’ Park will dash any hopes West Ham skipper Nigel Reo-Coker had of moving to the North East. But Aston Villa remain interested in him.

Strange isn't it. He's due in court two weeks tomorrow (err...today) charged with assault, which he is obviously guilty of, and he was already on bail, also for assault. Really can't see how he's not going to be sent down? Strange you've not held off until after the court case. Wonder what this clause is all about, surely they can't make us buy him back?  :frantic:

Don't they normally claim that they have a limited period in which they can have a career? So jail is effectively preventing them earning a living or some bollocks.