Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TheOrder

The move is held up due to Joey Barton wanting his loyalty bonus for not handing in a transfer request at Manchester City

Manchester City won't pay it because he was suspended by them at the time of the transfer

According to shady newspaper reports.

The move is held up due to Joey Barton wanting his loyalty bonus for not handing in a transfer request at Manchester City

Manchester City won't pay it because he was suspended by them at the time of the transfer

According to shady newspaper reports.

The Chron

Provided these reports are true, I'd have thought Barton could have done with all of the positive publicity he could get tbh. Forgoing his 'loyalty' bonus wouldn't have made up for his twattish behaviour but it would have been something... :undecided:

This is ignoring the fact he's basically engineered a move away from City and shouldn't be entitled to it as a result. He wants to speak to other clubs but doesn't hand in a transfer request.....hmmmmmm. :(

Guest kmdnufc

Lets just hope he doesn't go to prison at some point during the season for assaulting Dabo.

They shouldn't pay Barton anything.

Man City have bent over backward to accomadate him over the last few years, by all rights his career should have been finished when he stubbed the cigar in the other kids eye.

I'm looking forward to seeing Barton at Newcastle but he is fucking Man City over good and proper.

Rings of a club that is in financial difficulty if you ask me, I mean how much is it?

Rings of a club with principal if you ask me.

At the end of the day their his employers and he's obviously entitled to it. Rings of a club thats bitter that their losing their best player for whatever reason and they'll do their best to milk his sale for all it's worth

They shouldn't pay Barton anything.

The  City management agreed to him having the release clause in his contract, they should of inserted something if it is activated it is the equivalent of Barton putting in a transfer request. Man City agreed to the contract so they should stick to it, the fault is with Man City for being glumfucks.  

The f****** cheek of it, f****** loyalty bonus?!? Don't get me started on the Dabo s****, but the idea that a player who asks for and gets a buyout clause in his contract deserves a loyalty bonus when someone activates it!??! For. Fucks. Sake.  :idiot2: :tickedoff:

I can't wait till all this over and I can turn me back on this s****. :nope:

Thing is I agree with you there....but is it really him? or is it that Willie cunt playing dirty games? That concerns me more than anything with the Barton deal. Fantastic player, and City are unlucky he come out with his immature disrespectful bouts whilst on your books...but you always wonder how much influence an agent can have on any player

Rings of a club that is in financial difficulty if you ask me, I mean how much is it?

At the end of the day their his employers and he's obviously entitled to it. Rings of a club thats bitter that their losing their best player for whatever reason and they'll do their best to milk his sale for all it's worth

How is he entitled to it?

The f****** cheek of it, f****** loyalty bonus?!? Don't get me started on the Dabo s****, but the idea that a player who asks for and gets a buyout clause in his contract deserves a loyalty bonus when someone activates it!??! For. Fucks. Sake.  :idiot2: :tickedoff:

Thing is I agree with you there....but is it really him? or is it that Willie cunt playing dirty games? That concerns me more than anything with the Barton deal. Fantastic player, and City are unlucky he come out with his immature disrespectful bouts whilst on your books...but you always wonder how much influence an agent can have on any player

Have to wonder about that. Certainly wouldn't put it past him being behind that - Back when Barton signed this contract McKay wanted a massive bonus for himself (100k or so), the club told him to swivel on that too. Unfortunately even with Barton going he still has his paws in MCFC (Ireland).

Have to wonder about that. Certainly wouldn't put it past him being behind that - Back when Barton signed this contract McKay wanted a massive bonus for himself (100k or so), the club told him to swivel on that too. Unfortunately even with Barton going he still has his paws in MCFC (Ireland).

Your posts ring of a bitter blue tbh

If the club agreed to pay him this then they should pay it simple, not sure if they did though, you seem to be ITK

Your posts ring of a bitter blue tbh

If the club agreed to pay him this then they should pay it simple, not sure if they did though, you seem to be ITK

Firstly, Of course I'm a bitter blue but that has nowt to do with this.

Secondly, I'm not ITK.

Thirdly and most importantly - just going from what Ive read, at no point did the club agree to pay him this - they agreed to pay him x amount over the length of his contract should he remain at City. And he's not staying so...why should they pay him owt?  ???

It's a similar situation to when we sold Ferguson back to Everton, he wanted a pay off but we didn't think he deserved one iirc.

Anyone remember if he got it in the end?

I seem to remember that we missed out signing a player as a result of him wasting our time, cant for the life of me remember who tho

The fucking cheek of it, fucking loyalty bonus?!? Don't get me started on the Dabo shite, but the idea that a player who asks for and gets a buyout clause in his contract deserves a loyalty bonus when someone activates it!??! For. Fucks. Sake.  :idiot2: :tickedoff:

I can't wait till all this over and I can turn me back on this shite. :nope:

Erm your club put it in, take it up with them, on join me on a crusade to blame the player rather than the club like i do Owen.  O0