Magpies tracking Ebondo

Dokko

No reason we can't pony up 3m, and the player's representatives wouldn't be in Newcastle already if we hadn't even agreed a fee.

Pretty sure the agent is just trying to jack up personal terms.

I haven't seen confirmation from anyone that his reps are in Newcastle. JFK said last night that we had people over in France negotiating.

And have been for two weeks*. Over a player his club rates at £3m.

*Usual Kinnear lies rule applies.

First the move for Veloso is revelaed to be a stunning swoop for Kevin Nolan, now Ebondo has seemingly morphed into Ryan Taylor. We just need M'Bia to be transformed into Lee Carsley and it's pie and chips all round.

JFK in the Chron says this deal has been getting talked about for 2 weeks & the quibble is over £500K.

Saw this on Goal about Ebondo:

Kept out of the Toulouse first team by Daniel Congre,
? Who is Congré & how much would he cost & should we be trying to sign him instead?

They want 6M. He aint coming.

Kinnear is also hopeful of bringing in Ryan Taylor from Wigan.

He added: "We've put in a bid and we are waiting for the outcome."

But he says that Abil Ebondo looks unlikely to be coming Tyneside after Tolouse doubled their asking price.

He said: "We thought it was a bid of £3million but it ended up being £6million so we pulled out for now."

First the move for Veloso is revelaed to be a stunning swoop for Kevin Nolan, now Ebondo has seemingly morphed into Ryan Taylor. We just need M'Bia to be transformed into Lee Carsley and it's pie and chips all round.

Can't say I didn't see it coming.

Oh well. Move on. As long as incoming players improve on what we've got (which isn't hard) I'm all for them, providing the price is right. I'm not expecting extravagant foreign purchases on players with flair, now is not the time to be bringing them in anyway.

Guest Stephen927

Remember what happened with Beye.  :pow:

Couldn't agree a fee then eventually brought him in.

We'll sign either Taylor or Ebondo, it won't be both. My money is on Taylor.

True, Taylor's far more likely if the fees being quoted on BBC Sport are correct.