Club Captain

Guest DavB93
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ozzie's right.

I would favour Nobby because he is a good communicator (significantly better than Given and the mute Butt), currently our best set piece artisan (god forbid we would have someone else take penalties), and is immensly popular among supporters (If things go wrong he won't be booed off of the pitch and crack under pressure which happened to Parker)... but then how many games is he expected to start next year? And I would not want to go the Roeder route and play him every game even if Geremi and/or Milner are clearly better. I would feel comfortable of Nobby over Carr every time though if Big Sam is not planning on having Geremi there.

My vote would be for Solano and Given with Given wearing the armband when Solano doesn't play.

wow I must vote on this poll, that was started on JUNE 6th

fucking amateurs tbh

Why the fuck do you care to be on this forum if it is a bunch of amateurs?

BTW you haven't told us who yo think should be captain yet. You've just whined about how your poll was deleted, and you say I can't make up my mind, so can you?

I personally voted Given. Has given (no pun intended) a great 10 years service to the club, and is very experienced.

My second choice would be Nobby, has always struck me as a bit of a leader tbh.

I think they are the only two I would pick atm.

Steven Taylor - While I love him, he's not old enough, nor does he have the experience.

Guest samtoonarmy

I think Steven Taylor. Hes a good leader of the back four and although he isnt experianced, I think he is a good role model on and off the pitch and he is very determined.

But I would also go for Shay Given. He is a fantastic goalkeeper - the best in Europe - and he is very experianced. The only problem with Given is that he plays in goal and he is a away from the other outfield players, apart from the defenders. Id be happy with Taylor or Given - both would make good captains.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Not a clue why people are voting for Butt...

1) He's crap

2) He's never shown any leadership skills, he just goes about his business

3) He ain't even gonna get a game...a captain is a starter for every game...

Guest Ian Cunningham

Not a clue why people are voting for Butt...

1) He's crap

What on earth are you on about? Did you actually watch any of last season - he was one of our better performers by far.  :clap:

Guest WalkervilleMag

Steven Taylor for me,  think it will do him the worl of good in his growing up.  Would of said Nobby, but i have the feeling he will just be a bit part player next season under Big Sam

i dont think taylor would be a bad choice at all.

it seemed to bring john terry on leaps and bounds when he was given the honour at chelsea, and could have a similar affect on tayls.

i still think it could be owen though

Guest Invicta_Toon

what a fucking stupid decision

and what the fuck is this about?

Newcastle’s hierarchy are delighted at the prospect of a return to the days of a Geordie skipper, with Taylor set to follow in the footsteps of Alan Shearer.

I thought with the new age we had seen the last of this crap

Care to explain?

Newcastle’s hierarchy are delighted at the prospect of a return to the days of a Geordie skipper, with Taylor set to follow in the footsteps of Alan Shearer.

Agree there.

Inclined to agree tbh.

Will make him as a player imo.

How can he lead a team when he can't even lead a defense? Sam seems intent on nurturing the raw talent that Taylor has; the lad has potential as a defender, more than anyone that this club has had in a lot of years, but he's 21. And Sam's method is spot on; i'd be confused if Taylor became Captain.

Tayls needs someone telling him what to do, before he can start telling others, imo.

If Butt were an automatic starter, he'd be the blatant choice. If  Butt wasn't a regular starter, then Barton.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Taylor does not need somebody telling him what to do, he needs to be able to concentrate on his own game, not having to also worry every time Bramble or Moore or Boumsong gets the ball in there own half.