Club Captain

Guest DavB93
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol:  People should gather round and watch this because I think this is what's commonly referred to as a "tipping point" (The tipping point is the critical point in an evolving situation that leads to a new and irreversible development.).  It's where Vic's stupid arsehole behaviour of the last month or so starts to actually negatively impact Vic himself, so he starts playing the victim, lashing out at fellow posters and moderators, and ultimately it results in him getting banned for abusing someone.

Every fucking time without fail.  He's like a ticking twat time bomb. :lol:

at least you agree that mod decisions are being made differently when my name is anywhere near the thread

but you're right, can't see why anyone would have issue with that

p.s. did you catch my thread in CG before it was pulled? could have helped you out a bit if it wasn't started by me I guess..

Where did I agree to anything like that?  You get treated like you're a wanker because you act like one all the time.  Either change your MO or get used to it.  Stop pissing everyone off then playing the victim when they inevitably react.  Jesus, even dumb animals can be trained, Vic, you just keep coming back and repeating the same mistakes time and again.

bullshit. that poll would not have been touched had it not been started by me. notice the difference in treatment between that poll and this thread.

So you've got your own way and you're still not happy?

Guest WalkervilleMag

a Captain's role is  overated imho,   other than wearing the armband, and shaking hands with the ref before the game, the role does not offer alot,  so in that case it does not really matter who is captain. aslong as the tactics and performances are good.

What total s****! Are you saying that John Terry, Tony Adams, Roy Keane etc were/are not key driving forces behind their club's success as captains?

If you get the right captain it can make a hell of a difference to the dynamics of the team and the club. I was initially dismayed by the signing of Barton, but he's done nothing but impress me with the way he's conducted himself so far, and I know it's early days, but he'd be my choice for captain at this stage.

yes,as those players,especially the latter two were the driving forces even when they werent captains.

you don't need an armband to be a leader.

exactly what i was trying to get accross,  If John Terry, ect  were not captains, would they be any less of a leader ??  No.  Captain is just the guy with the band round his arm,  It aint like Cricket and other sports where the Captain has a genuine role to carry out.

Understand the misgivings about Taylor getting the armband but I think it could be the making of him (terry got the chelsea one pretty young - although not saying Taylor is as good as him).

I think part of the problem over the captaincy is that there are no dead-cert candidates, like a Keane or Adams.

Wouldn't mind Given getting the job, as he's probably the most certain to play every game but his position isn't ideal for the role.

Guest Gemmill

Taylor is too young to be captain, and there's even question marks over whether he should start every game if we're still on the lookout for more defenders.  I don't think Owen should be captain either though.

Who'd be your pick?

I honestly don't know.  I'd say Butt if he was a few years younger.  It's looking like Given to me tbh.

Guest Gemmill

:lol:  People should gather round and watch this because I think this is what's commonly referred to as a "tipping point" (The tipping point is the critical point in an evolving situation that leads to a new and irreversible development.).  It's where Vic's stupid arsehole behaviour of the last month or so starts to actually negatively impact Vic himself, so he starts playing the victim, lashing out at fellow posters and moderators, and ultimately it results in him getting banned for abusing someone.

Every fucking time without fail.  He's like a ticking twat time bomb. :lol:

at least you agree that mod decisions are being made differently when my name is anywhere near the thread

p.s. did you catch my thread in CG before it was pulled? could have helped you out a bit if it wasn't started by me I guess..

Where did I agree to anything like that?  You get treated like you're a wanker because you act like one all the time.  Either change your MO or get used to it.  Stop pissing everyone off then playing the victim when they inevitably react.  Jesus, even dumb animals can be trained, Vic, you just keep coming back and repeating the same mistakes time and again.

bullshit. that poll would not have been touched had it not been started by me. notice the difference in treatment between that poll and this thread.

Do you not feel even the slightest bit embarrassed playing the victim like this?

Understand the misgivings about Taylor getting the armband but I think it could be the making of him (terry got the chelsea one pretty young - although not saying Taylor is as good as him).

I think part of the problem over the captaincy is that there are no dead-cert candidates, like a Keane or Adams.

Wouldn't mind Given getting the job, as he's probably the most certain to play every game but his position isn't ideal for the role.

I think that Owen is now the nearest we have to the "dead-cert-candidate" you mention.

Appoint him Sammy boy!

Why give it to Given though when he doesn't even command his defence properly, never mind lead the whole team? He's a quality keeper, and he deserves it as far as loyalty and commitment goes, but he's not ideal as a captain. Butt would be the obvious choice but he's getting on and we need some stability cos we can't be changing our captain every other year. I think we should wait a bit longer to see who we bring in.

Every f****** time without fail.  He's like a ticking t*** time bomb. :lol:

Where did I agree to anything like that?  You get treated like you're a w****** because you act like one all the time.  Either change your MO or get used to it.  Stop pissing everyone off then playing the victim when they inevitably react.  Jesus, even dumb animals can be trained, Vic, you just keep coming back and repeating the same mistakes time and again.

Do you not feel even the slightest bit embarrassed playing the victim like this?

Just realised what "Vic" is short for . . . . he thinks!

Guest Gemmill

Vic = Charley from Big Brother tbh

:lol:  That's harsh even on Vic!  She is a fucking despicable human being.

The club captain should be a figure head for the whole club, it shouldn't just be down to the captain to 'gee up' the team and drive them forward, Taylor and Barton will do that anyway with or without an armband.

Owen is comfortable talking to the media, is a name respected around the world (in footballing terms anyway) and gives the club a certain status like Shearer did.

For that reason I'd give it to Owen, particularly if we can get him to renegotiate his contract minus the escape clause, which if we are doing well by Christmas could well happen

The club captain should be a figure head for the whole club, it shouldn't just be down to the captain to 'gee up' the team and drive them forward, Taylor and Barton will do that anyway with or without an armband.

Owen is comfortable talking to the media, is a name respected around the world (in footballing terms anyway) and gives the club a certain status like Shearer did.

For that reason I'd give it to Owen, particularly if we can get him to renegotiate his contract minus the escape clause, which if we are doing well by Christmas could well happen

yeah id agree with that.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Anal Oliver

Actually there are not that many candidates, but I believe Allardyce will give serious consideration to Owen and new signing Joey Barton.

When I mentioned this to Owen before the game his eyes lit up and he said: “Yes, I would love to skipper Newcastle United.”

And he paid tribute to young Aussie James Troisi who literally laid goals on a plate for him and Shola Ameobi.

Does the stupid fucker not know what the word literally means or something?

Has he ever written an article where he hasn't mentioned himself in any way?  The man must have an ego the size of Freddy Shepherd's.

And he paid tribute to young Aussie James Troisi who literally laid goals on a plate for him and Shola Ameobi.

Does the stupid fucker not know what the word literally means or something?

Has he ever written an article where he hasn't mentioned himself in any way?  The man must have an ego the size of Freddy Shepherd's.

Anyone else noticed that Alan Oliver is the spits of the bloke from Rainbow

Re the point of the article, I couldn't stomach Joey Barton as our captain personally.

And I'd be a little disappointed if Owen was made captain but I'd accept it if it was designed to make him feel more like this is his club, so he might actually give us the best years of his career.

Anal Oliver

Actually there are not that many candidates, but I believe Allardyce will give serious consideration to Owen and new signing Joey Barton.

When I mentioned this to Owen before the game his eyes lit up and he said: Yes, I would love to skipper Newcastle United.

Give it to Owen I say!!!!

Ah, so it was just Oliver making something out of nothing yet again.

Let's face it, who would say "no" to being offered the chance to captain the club? Hardly going to come out and say "No thanks, can't be bothered Alan".