Memorable Commentary

Shak

I loved the beating Man Utd 5-0 commentary. Shearers goal. Something along the lines of "Beardsley" Save "Ferdinand" Save "Shearer of Course!"

The Shearer of Course was brilliant IMO.

"What a ball there by Hibbert! And away goes MacDonald again! And THAT'S A MAGNIFICANT GOAL! That is number two and that is a killer goal!"

"Carr saves it, and Carr saves it again! What a remarkable double save by Kevin Carr! May well the crowd applause. Waddle. Beardsley. This is a good move developing. McDermott and back for Keegan and Keegan has scored! What a turnaround!"

Guest smoggeordie

I loved the beating Man Utd 5-0 commentary. Shearers goal. Something along the lines of "Beardsley" Save "Ferdinand" Save "Shearer of Course!"

The Shearer of Course was brilliant IMO.

The third goal was better, as soon as Sir Les scored, Tyler went "Oh and look at Shearer, JUST LOOK AT SHEARER" when he was going absolutely mental at the Manure fans. Quality :lol:

Mine's 2 actually

1st one is Robert Lee's bullet header in the FA cup final against chelsea! Can't remember who commentated but it sends tingle's up my spine everytime!

2nd Has to be the 4-3 against Leeds, we were 3 nil down at one stage and the 4th goal was supurb!

I can still remember the commentary from Mick Lowes word for word from when we beat Grimsby to secure the title and promotion to the Premiership:

"Robert Lee's through ball looking to find Andrew Cole... COLE'S GOAL!! - IT'S THERE!!! They're off the bench, they're off the bech. With just 21 seconds of the second half played, Andrew Cole was released, and Cole like a bullet, and like a knife through the heart of the defence, raced on to beat Rhys Wilmott from what 15 yards. Magnificent goal, Lee Clark celebrates, so too ten thousand geordies on Humberside, it's Grimsby 0, Newcastle 1."

And the second still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck:

"Kelly in on goal, David Kelly... Can he stay on his feet...? KEEEELLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, what a goal! He STAYED on his feet, and David Kelly has sparked unbelievable scenes here, they are on the pitch from every quarter, they'll have to get off."

Aye, I remember that one. Brilliant.

It wasn't Mick Lowes though. John Cairns was the NUFC commentator Radio Newcastle back then.

Guest andynufc84

I can still remember the commentary from Mick Lowes word for word from when we beat Grimsby to secure the title and promotion to the Premiership:

"Robert Lee's through ball looking to find Andrew Cole... COLE'S GOAL!! - IT'S THERE!!! They're off the bench, they're off the bech. With just 21 seconds of the second half played, Andrew Cole was released, and Cole like a bullet, and like a knife through the heart of the defence, raced on to beat Rhys Wilmott from what 15 yards. Magnificent goal, Lee Clark celebrates, so too ten thousand geordies on Humberside, it's Grimsby 0, Newcastle 1."

"Kelly in on goal, David Kelly... Can he stay on his feet...? KEEEELLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, what a goal! He STAYED on his feet, and David Kelly has sparked unbelievable scenes here, they are on the pitch from every quarter, they'll have to get off."

It wasn't Mick Lowes though. John Cairns was the NUFC commentator Radio Newcastle back then.

Mick Lowes used to work for Metro radio with Mick Martin didn't he?

One of the best commentaries was from "Match of the Day" in the early 1970s.  

We beat Arsenal 3-1 (if I remember rightly . .  ) and we were attacking up the left wing.  Bryan Robson makes a short pass forward to Wyn Davies and runs on, Wyn just 'flicks' the ball up into the air and into the path of the on-running Robson who 'half-volleys' it into the net from some 25 yards.

"Oh What Football" shouts the commentator, Kenneth Wolstenhome, "Oh What Football" !!!!!!!!!!!

Great commentary and a never-to-be-forgotton TV football moment - especially as it was against the Arsew*pes, and the BBC was (and some of you will not be able to believe this!) even more "parochial / London-centric" then, than it is now!

"It might as well be the Gallowgate end" When Shearer made it 2-1 in Milan.

Does anyone have that game on DVD?

Aye- I wouldn't mind a look at that again ! Highlights are available on YouTube, but the game itself is a lot harder to find. :-/

Jonathan Pearce on 5live for the 5-1 vs. Germany

"Oh, Steven Gerrard has only gone and nutmegged Dietmar Hamann.  We're knocking it around, we're toying, we're showboating with Germany!"

Pearce wants shooting tbh, the fat cunt

remeber when we were playing Croatia Zagreb in Zagreb and he was biased as fuck towards us in the commentary, really wanted us to go through. Went mental when Ketsbaia scored.

I remember when we played Roma in the UEFA Cup in 1999 listening to it on Talk Sport, and the commentary went something like this....

"There's Capello out of his dugout again making a drama queen of himself, oh will you sit down you big girl!"

“He's pulling him off. The Spanish manager is pulling his Captain off!”

"I might be tempting fate but I can't see the Poles Scoring...OH NOOOO they just have!!"

Couple of gems from RTE's George Hamilton.

Mick Lowes used to work for Metro radio with Mick Martin didn't he?

Yes. It was Mick Lowes' commentary I've quoted from Metro. Cairns was at Radio Newcastle but I didn't like his commentary. Much prefer the euphoria that Lowes manages to capture.

loved it when we played Sunderland at the SOL, we were winning 1 nil and sunderland scored in the last min but it was disallowed, the metro commentator just started laughing his head off and told all the makems to 'Sit down!'

Guest nufc 4 life

not in my time and nothing to do with NUFC, but still suprised it hasn't been mentioned.

"THEY THINK IT'S ALL OVER, it is now"

absolute classic  :frantic: