Pre-season schedule confirmed

Guest DavB93

Guest DavB93

Just wondered if anyone knew when Pre-Season starts, not the first friendly game but pre-season. Just rememebered Allardyce saying he wante the majority of his signings before then so they've got a whole pre-season together.

Aye, 2nd July mate. Hopefully we will have a few more bodies in by then, but I very much doubt that most of our dealings will be done before pre-season training starts...

Guest DavB93

I'd like more than a few more bodies, our squad was short as it was last season and he's released loads...Come on Sam, just wonder if its gone abit quite and he's wanting for Ashley's millions.

Guest toonbaz

looks like hull city away is goin to be one of the friendlies, they have it on their site saying its likely they will play us on august 1st

Aye, 2nd July mate. Hopefully we will have a few more bodies in by then, but I very much doubt that most of our dealings will be done before pre-season training starts...

Way things are going, having around 4 players in by the time pre-season sounds doable. Barton and Viduka are already here and reports suggest Rozehnal isn't far off, with suggestions and links to many other players being close to signing for us. Getting about 4 in in time for pre-season would be superb, anything on top would just be a bonus.

Guest toonbaz

i'd find it hard to think of the last time we had 4 new signings in in time for pre season so i hope you're right.

its the first time in yrs that we seem to be trying to do business early on instead of at the last minute.

its the first time in yrs that we seem to be trying to do business early on instead of at the last minute.

Summer spending since Keegan left:

Allardyce:

June 2007 - 2 new players in, one more looking certain to be in if that itk is correct, and possibly more

-------------------

Roeder:

June 2006 - 0 players in

July 2006 - 1 player in

August 2006 - 3 players in (1 loan)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Soumess:

June 2005 - 1 player in

July 2005 - 1 player in (Krul doesn't really count since he was a youth player back then)

August 2005 - 4 players in

--------------------------------------------------

Sir Bobby:

June 2004 - 0 players in

July 2004 - 3 players in

August 2004 - 2 players in

June 2003 - 0 players in

July 2003 - 1 player in

August 2003 - 0 players in

June 2002 - 1 player in

July 2002 - 1 player in

August 2002 - 0 players in

June 2001 - 1 player in

July 2001 - 1 player in

August 2001 - 1 player in

June 2000 - 1 player in (loan)

July 2000 - player in

August 2000 - 0 players in

-------------------------------------------

Gullit:

June 1999 - 0 players in

July 1999 - 3 players in

August 1999 - 2 players in

-------------------------------------------

Dalglish:

June 1998 - 3 players in

July 1998 - 3 players in

August 1998 - 2 players in

June 1997 - 3 players in

July 1997 - 3 players in

August 1997 - 2 pensioners in

----------------------------------------------

This is only taking into account signing made from June-August. The Gullit ones might be slightly wrong but i think they're right. You could argue for some of the managers that there was no transfer window back then i suppose.

We are and have been talking to alot of different players so I wouldnt be suprised to see 2 or 3 maybe more in before pre season training resumes.

On the flip side we can never be suprised if no-one comes in before then.

Cant believe pre-season is less than two weeks away already, crazy!

The annual training sessions on the beach and the new season will be on us in no time.

Sampdoria and Juventus friendlies have been confirmed.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1056620,00.html

Schedule:

Tuesday, July 17 - Hartlepool United (A) Kick-off 7.30pm

Saturday, July 21 - Carlisle United (A) Kick-off 3pm

Thursday, July 26 - Glasgow Celtic (H) Kick-off 7.45pm

Sunday, July 29 - Juventus (H) Kick-off 3pm

Wednesday, August 1 - Hull City (A) Kick-off 7.45pm

Sunday, August 5 - Sampdoria (H) Kick-off 3pm

(Please note kick-off times are still subject to final change).

Guest toonbaz

i will probably go down for the hull city game aswell, lived there for a while so i've got a few mates who are hull city fans.

Anyone know when they're due to train on the beach, or what sort of time they did last year?

They don't announce it, they just turn up. It's a public beach so I think the idea is not to have hundreds of fans turn up.

I had planned to come down for the Celtic game but I didn't realise it was on the same night that my beloved Dundee United will be maintaining their 100% record against Barcelona.  I should make it down for either or both of the games against Juve and Sampdoria though.

Could someone with New Thread capabilities start a thread listing other preseason fixtures by club?  Especially any US games - would like to see if any teams were heading Stateside this summer.  I know about Celtic  at the MLS All Star game and Chelsea playing a pre-season tourny at LA Galaxy.  Any other big clubs heading to the US?