Rigters signs for Blackburn

KaKa

i would like him in, regardless of whether owen or Martins stays, he is a talent and i want sam to buy some young players too. At the moment he seems interested in older players and i think we need some more young talent for the squad, but not for the first team. Rigters and drenthe in and we shall have a very good squad that has fantastic potential with the likes of Krul, Milner, Martins, Edgar, Taylor, LuaLua, Carroll and to an extent players like Barton. I havent seen much of Rigters but ive seen Drenthe play a bit. However we do need other buys first like a proper LB and CB and others, but Rigters and Drenthe would be brilliant if we could get them.

i would like him in, regardless of whether owen or Martins stays, he is a talent and i want sam to buy some young players too. At the moment he seems interested in older players and i think we need some more young talent for the squad, but not for the first team. Rigters and drenthe in and we shall have a very good squad that has fantastic potential with the likes of Krul, Milner, Martins, Edgar, Taylor, LuaLua, Carroll and to an extent players like Barton. I havent seen much of Rigters but ive seen Drenthe play a bit. However we do need other buys first like a proper LB and CB and others, but Rigters and Drenthe would be brilliant if we could get them.

Regarding Drenthe Chelsea and Real Madrid are after him.. What makes you think he'll come here to warm our bench if he can continue to be a first team player for Feyenoord or move to Europe's finest as a squad player..?

Regarding Drenthe Chelsea and Real Madrid are after him.. What makes you think he'll come here to warm our bench if he can continue to be a first team player for Feyenoord or move to Europe's finest as a squad player..?

he wont go to Chelsea to do absolutely fuck all, not many youngsters go anywhere near them now due to the lack of first team oppurtunities. Real Madrid i doubt it, im sure ive heard he wants the premiership and so far ive heard no news that Chelsea are after him anyway or Real. Plus why would he stay at Feyenoord they have had a very poor season, are in a much poorer league and arent in Europe i dont think. To be fair neither are we but if i had the choice the Premiership beats the Evredisie. Also he wouldnt exactly be warming our bench, Zoggy is going and Duff is injured, there is no one else.

he wont go to Chelsea to do absolutely f*** all, not many youngsters go anywhere near them now due to the lack of first team oppurtunities. Real Madrid i doubt it, im sure ive heard he wants the premiership and so far ive heard no news that Chelsea are after him anyway or Real. Plus why would he stay at Feyenoord they have had a very poor season, are in a much poorer league and arent in Europe i dont think. To be fair neither are we but if i had the choice the Premiership beats the Evredisie. Also he wouldnt exactly be warming our bench, Zoggy is going and Duff is injured, there is no one else.

Real Madrid links:

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Drenthe/podria/ser/proximo/Roberto/Carlos/dasftb/20070628dasdaiftb_28/Tes/

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Drenthe/grande/tiene/todo/ser/numero/dasftb/20070629dasdaiftb_22/Tes/

http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/mijatovic_as_marca_40790.htm

http://www.fichajes.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6375

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Excelentes/informes/Drenthe/Europeo/Sub-21/dasftb/20070626dasdaiftb_37/Tes/

Chelsea:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/topstories/tm_method=full%26objectid=19332386%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

Lyon's after him as well, according to reports in the Dutch media..

Trust me, if he has the pick of going to these clubs and staying with his beloved Feyenoord, there is no way he will consider coming to us unless it is for first team football, and even then..

Your assesment of Feyenoord is superficially correct, but they have strenghtened significantly (Makaay, Van Bronkhorst and others..) and could now be considered outsiders for the title.. They are indeed in a very similar situation to us. Moving here would be moving sideways, moving here for a squad player status would be a step backwards, especially as he is Feyenoord through and through.. Trust me, no chance in hell unless we offer him first team football at first team wages..

i see your point. i never knew he was so Feyenord crazy but he would be one hell of a talent to have here. No offence even with Makaay and Van Bronkhorst i dont think Feyenord will have a better squad than us by the end of the summer. Perhaps the bigger stage can prize him away from his beloved team, its happened before, Rooney etc... 

Who else is in holland is coming through the ranks that you rate???

I don't think Feyenoord will have a team to compete with Newcastle next season, but they should be able to compete in the Eredivisie.

Re Drenthe, I don't believe Newcastle has even been linked, have we?

Re players that I rate in Holland, most are mentioned in my sig..

I don't think Feyenoord will have a team to compete with Newcastle next season, but they should be able to compete in the Eredivisie.

Re Drenthe, I don't believe Newcastle has even been linked, have we?

Re players that I rate in Holland, most are mentioned in my sig..

Nope we havent. I meant players that are young and you like the look of, and all in the eredivisie too that we also have a realistic chance of getting.

Not sure wheather anyone has posted this,but i was reading in the Daily Mirror just now that Blackburn are set to sign him for £450k.

He has also hinted that he would like to link up with Rovers as he says that it would benfit his career by getting first team football in the Premier League.

Guest samtoonarmy

It looks like hes going to Balckburn at the minute. Jsut been watching Sky Sports News and they said that he was going to hold talks with Blackburn.

Go to Blackburn and play regularly or come to Newcastle to be 4th/5th choice.

The lad's probably made the right decision - if we were ever seriously in for him.