Newcastle win race to sign Alan Smith - Mirror gossip

Guest sicko2ndbest

oh ok

also bramble was a big one

im not suprised though when he once did stop everyone laughed because when he opened his window it stunk of swet and it was the worst smell of swet in the world, does he ever have a bath?

Guest Texasmag

i go to the training ground alot for autographs and he is one of the 4 or 5 who will never stop! i like him on the pitch but if me and 50,000 over fans are paying his wages every week i think all players should at least stop to sign a few things.

but like i say, i like him on the pitch

An honest question without any overtones of any kind but - the 4 or 5 you notice not stopping to sign anything, are they predominantly coloured or white?

edit, there is a reason I ask which I'll come clean with soon.

well charles and babayaro are the coloured people as the rest are Butt (hides in a taxi) , Parker(Now left  :celb:) , and Ramage and huntington if you class him as a first team player

why you ask about this?

I'm not one who bothers my arse about aotograph hunting at all but I came out of the Black and White Club a season or two ago after the Chelsea FA Cup game. When I came out the Chelsea team coach was parked waiting to pick up the players as I passed Frank Lampard was there and fair play to him he signed as many as he could, stood for photo's and basically went round everyone. Jose came out and pretty much similar, he happily passed the time of day friendly chat autographs photo's etc.

I also noticed that not one of Chelseas (many) coloured players even glanced at the kids who were asking for autographs etc.

Straight down the steps, quick walk, straight onto the coach. I stood near the coach door and as one went to get on I shouted 'sign for the kids you ignorant c***' to which he just looked - then got on the bus.

Thats why I wondered who the ignorant fucks at the Toon are (or where)

Agree with you about N'Zogbia. He is totally miserable. Also Dyer, and Bramble (now gone)do not stop unless they have to, and Given stopping is very rare.

Milner and Taylor always stopped, as did Shearer.

The reserve players didn't stop, probably because nobody was bothered about them.

Michael Owen sometimes stops (are you suprised)

but all he does is sits and doesnt even look at what hes doing!

He has a moody face where he just doesnt want to bother with us supporters!  :rant: 

Today the Mirror is running the story that we are shock contenders to steal in for Bent despite the fact everyone knows he's going to Spurs. Looks like another transfer rumour plucked from Fantasy Island after yesterday's Newcastle have 'won' the race for Smith BS.

Today the Mirror is running the story that we are shock contenders to steal in for Bent despite the fact everyone knows he's going to Spurs. Looks like another transfer rumour plucked from Fantasy Island after yesterday's Newcastle have 'won' the race for Smith BS.

Bent & Smith for Owen & Martins......

:D

if we could get £25mil for owen and martins i would only accept owens bid

keep martins and i wouldnt want bent

i think viduka and martins will work as a great partnership and we could get gudjohnson or smith to play in a midfield role and if a striker gets injured then one of them can fill in if not shola

Guest Guinness

Seeing as this isn't being reported anywhere else and the same paper today are linking us with three different strikers I'm inclined to believe this story is BS.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Some of these stories are absolute bull. Why would you need viduka, martins, owen, bent and smith? Why would you wamt to have them either?

Guest kingdawson

Oh FFS,  will you 2 get a room.

I cant really help the fact that another poster is stalking me now can i.

You could always leave ;)

I could but im never going to do that (unless Dave decides to permanantly ban me that it) O0

So, just for the record like, :

£16m for Bent is acceptable, but

£18m for Bent is taking the piss?

Correct?

Ive already explained it. Bent valuation is £13 mill so £16 mill is not to bad a deal imo.

So paying £3m over the odds is ok but £5m is out of order?

f****** hell! The bloke isn't worth £9m , let alone £16m or £18m. Jesus Christ - kingdawson's caught eastendfever.  :lol:

Is that a distant relation to Saturday Night Fever? :lol:

Only if the thick t*** goes around in a ridiculous white suit with big collars... ;)

personnel abuse tbh.

Guest JonnyRogers

Smith for £3.5million is a fantastic signing, seeing as if he can produce the form he showed for Leeds even in the season they got relegated, and his form for Man Utd too was pretty good reguarding the injuries and the season or so he played in midfield. He much better than Ameobi, on the fringes of the England side which shows how highly he's rated and he is going to be a battler and give us a bit of grit, could also be a potential captain if he earns himself a regular first team place. As for Ameobi and Luque, get rid of one of them, and send Carroll on loan for a season to gain experience, and our striking options are far better than they were last season.

Oh FFS,  will you 2 get a room.

I cant really help the fact that another poster is stalking me now can i.

You could always leave ;)

I could but im never going to do that (unless Dave decides to permanantly ban me that it) O0

So, just for the record like, :

£16m for Bent is acceptable, but

£18m for Bent is taking the piss?

Correct?

Ive already explained it. Bent valuation is £13 mill so £16 mill is not to bad a deal imo.

So paying £3m over the odds is ok but £5m is out of order?

f****** hell! The bloke isn't worth £9m , let alone £16m or £18m. Jesus Christ - kingdawson's caught eastendfever.  :lol:

Is that a distant relation to Saturday Night Fever? :lol:

Only if the thick t*** goes around in a ridiculous white suit with big collars... ;)

personnel abuse tbh.

Blue blooded murder of the english tongue, BLEUGH!

looked very promising for the first few seasons, culminating in the year leeds did well in the Champion's League, and he was an integral part of the team. after that he stagnated, gradually lost his pace to the extent that he's as mobile as Shearer is now and started to turn into some grotesque hard-man stereotype who battles for everything but shows fuck all class.

Looks like he is now Boro bound for 6 mill

UNITED AGREE TO BORO £6M BID FOR SMITH

Exclusive by Paul Mccarthy

BORO have had a £6 million bid for striker Alan Smith accepted by Manchester United - and now manager Gareth Southgate will jet to Florida to convince the player to join his Riverside revolution.

Smith is currently on holiday in the States but Southgate is determined to sell Middlesbrough to the 25-year-old England international.

Southgate's Atlantic crossing puts Boro a step ahead of north east rivals Newcastle and Sunderland, both of whom have been tracking the former Leeds star.

Neither Sam Allardyce nor Roy Keane have lodged bids with Old Trafford, leaving Southgate in the box seat.

He is a huge fan of the combative Smith although he knows he will have to be at his persuasive best to lure him from Old Trafford to Teesside.

Smith has now accepted he no longer has a future at United and recently issued a thinly disguised "come and get me" plea.

Boro are also on the brink of launching a dramatic swoop for Barcelona forward Javier Saviola.

The 25-year-old spent last season on loan at Sevilla, scoring nine times, and will be allowed to leave by Barca boss Frank Rijkaard.

Talks are believed to be close to completion for the Argentina star to move to the Riverside.

And that won't be the end of the transfer activity for Boro, who have already signed Turkey forward Tuncay Sanli, because Jonathan Greening is set for a stunning switch back to the Riverside.

The 28-year-old midfielder moved to West Brom three years ago after a fall-out with former Boro chief Steve McClaren.

Now McClaren's successor Southgate wants Greening back at the club.

Albion boss Tony Mowbray will do business - but only if he can get Andrew Davies and James Morrison in return.

That will not be a problem for Southgate, who sees the duo as sur plus to requirements.

Greening moved to Middlesbrough from Manchester United for £2m and showed promise, but he would not wait for a regular place and moved to The Hawthorns in 2004.

Curtis Davies, meanwhile, has given up the West Brom captaincy as he steps up his bid to get away from The Hawthorns.

Albion will let Davies leave if a Premiership club meet their £8m valuation.[/quote]

Didn't some ITK say that Saviola would end up at boro?

Greening and Smith doesn't suprise me in the slightest though, not bothered about Smith. 6m sounds about right for him.

Didn't realise Saviola was on loan at Sevilla last season.

I dont think Saviola did either.

Smith is now going to Pompey

PORTSMOUTH boss Harry Redknapp is set to move for Alan Smith.

Redknapp is lining up a £3.5million bid for Manchester United outcast Smith after being priced out of moves for a host of targets including David Nugent and Middlesbrough star Yakubu.

The Fratton Park chief could face fierce competition from Newcastle and Middlesbrough.

AdvertisementRedknapp said: "Alan Smith is fantastic value at the money United are talking about. There is no gamble there."

Guest Toon83

hmm i didnt think that story in the papers would be true about Smith, why would we need another striker when Oba or Owen have yet to be sold, only when they have been sold should we be on the lookout for new strikers in the meantime we should be adding to the defence

A mate of mine who lives just outside Newcastle (man u fan) said he has seen on a man u website that Smith has signed for £3.5m

How true this is i dont know

:jesuswept:

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but how old are you? Your profile says 21?