Sunday's Gossip

Thespence

there is too many rumours going about but Benitez has came out and said that he needs a new club for cisse who will only sign him on a pernament deal and not a loan deal as hes been on for 2 seasons i think it is

It would make a lot more sense if we went for Riise and Cisse in my opinion. I would have Cisse over Bellamy.

Cisse will score more goals if he is played up front with another striker who is a target man (i.e. Viduka), and not on the wing as he was played at Liverpool.

Cisse is like Martins, only without the potential to improve.

I'd be appalled if we signed him.

Bellamy...............Martins

..............Viduka

This will be our strike force next season.

Can't say I'd be too disappointed at all.

Depends on whether Allardyce is getting big money, I suppose. I suspect he won't as it happens, not this summer.

So that trio would be fine by me.

Tottenham are on the verge of signing Charlton's Darren Bent for a club record £16m. (Various)

:lol:  Any club who wants to pay that sort of money for that sort of player, deserves mid-table mediocrity.

Manchester United have accepted a £6m bid from Middlesbrough for striker Alan Smith. (The People)

If Man Utd make £6m back from what they initially paid for Smith, they'll have done very, very well. Boro would be stupid enough to pay it aswell. Again, hope they rot.

Derby boss Billy Davis is chasing Sheffield United defender Claude Davis and is ready to pay £3.5m. (The People)

You'll send em down with signings like that, Billy! The defense is shite enough as it is.

And Portsmouth are ready hijack Newcastle's move for Kanoute by bidding £8.4m for him. (News of the world)

Good, they can have him. Not worth that money in a million years.

West Ham are ready to spend £11m to sign Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips. (News of the World)

Good, they can have him. Not worth that money in a million years.

Newcastle and Celtic are competing to sign Holland under-21 striker Maceo Rigters. (News of the World)

Canny club goalscoring record.

Liverpool have rejected the chance to re-sign Michael Owen, who was offered by Newcastle in exchange for John Arne Riise and Craig Bellamy. (Various)

I'm not keen on Bellamy returning, but i think this would have been good. I think the supporters are split when it comes to Bellamy, in love/hate, and on a footballing level, i don't think it'd take him long to win everybody back if he were to come here. His real task would be to calm the differences in the dressing room and with Shepherd, etc. It might just work out. And Riise's an excellent player, and someone we could really do with if we're going 4-3-3. Would have been a good deal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bumped from last week

1/7/06 - I thought i would call this the 'no smoke without fire' thread as we are now smoke free  :clap:

Newcastle have an eye on former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnson as a replacement for either Obafemi Martins or Michael Owen - if they leave the Magpies. (Sunday Express)

Wayne Bridge and Lassana Diarra could join Newcastle target Geremi by leaving Chelsea for St James' Park - if Magpies boss Sam Allardyce gets his way. (Mail on Sunday)

Bellamy...............Martins

..............Viduka

This will be our strike force next season.

Can't say I'd be too disappointed at all.

Depends on whether Allardyce is getting big money, I suppose. I suspect he won't as it happens, not this summer.

So that trio would be fine by me.

Even big money wouldn't necessarily improve our current strike force (replace Bellamy with Owen from that front 3). If we can keep them together not many defences will relish facing them IMO.

THIS PLACE HAS BEEN LIKE A SQUASH CLUB.. IT HAS TO STOP NOW

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=this-place-has-been-like-a-squash-club---it-has-to-stop-now%26method=full%26objectid=19387556%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

CROCKED DUFF IS RULED OUT FOR REST OF YEAR

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=crocked-duff-is-ruled-out-for-rest-of-year%26method=full%26objectid=19387562%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Bits about Sven & renewal of Newcastle-Sunderland hostilities

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,2115788,00.html

Good to see Nobby helping our feeder club Chelsea

Mourinho phoned Pizarro to congratulate him after he had scored his hundredth goal in Germany and also gave Newcastle's Nolberto Solano a ring to get the lowdown on the player. 'I am very grateful for what Solano said in that conversation,' Pizarro said after signing his four-year contract with Chelsea. 'The first thing I'll do when I'm in London is invite him for a meal.'

THIS PLACE HAS BEEN LIKE A SQUASH CLUB.. IT HAS TO STOP NOW

Unlike previous managers when I have often cringed when they opened their mouths I actually enjoy listening to/reading what Allardyce has to say.

we need owen and martins to sign new contracts without clauses in them otherwise were just gona have this hanging over us all the time. We cant be a settled club when we know that we have no control over whether or not our 2 main strikers are gona be here or not

Would like all 4 players we have been linked with. As with others, I haven't seen much of that Diarra fella but he is quite highly rated and we could do with another DM. Bridge is a very good left back, Geremi on a free is a very good deal and Eidur is a fantastic striker.

Guest eyeball_tickler

anyone else take danny murphy? he's probably going really cheap and would be a decent squad player.